Jack Avery Imagine - Thunderstorms

I hated being alone when there was a thunderstorm. They always scared the shit out of me. 

The storm started early this afternoon. Now it's nine at night. Jack isn't home and he's most likely stuck in traffic. He got out of work at seven. Two hours later. 

I was scared. Yeah I know, a twenty year old girl and I'm scared of thunder. Isn't every twenty year old scared of lightening once?

I was cuddled under the blankets in our room and started a movie on my laptop. After the movie started I pulled the blankets over my head and cuddled the teddy bear that Jack got me for our one year anniversary. 

After one movie I started another movie. It was officially eleven at night. Jack wasn't home yet and it worried me.

Thirty minutes into the second movie I heard the front door open. I was getting more and more scared. 

Then I heard Jack's smooth voice call my name.

I jumped out from under the covers and ran to Jack. He had every light in our house turned on. 

He was looking in and out of rooms for me when I jumped into his arms. 

"Princess," he said, hugging me tightly and kissing my forehead.

"I was so freaking scared," I said into his chest.

"I'm so sorry. There was so much traffic on the way home. And I had to get you some presents cause of this storm," he said.

"What'd you get for me," I asked. 

"I got you half a pound of chocolate. A bunch of different teas and coffees. Two or three essential oils. Some coloring books and colored pencils and markers. A new book. And," he said turning to the closet door and opening it. "I got you a kitty!"

"Imma name him JJ," I said. "Thank you so much babe."

I picked up the kitty and hugged Jack.

"I would do anything for my princess," Jack said.

"Thank you for leaving me home alone for four hours in this storm to get me the presents," I said laughing. "Now let's go cuddle under the blankets and watch movies!"

I grabbed his hand and lead him to our room where we got into bed and cuddle under the blankets. JJ was on top of the blankets and on my chest. Jack had my laptop on his chest. His arm was around me stroking my hair. I was cuddled into his chest. 

This night got a whole lot better as it went on. 

I was happy to have Jack in my life.