⚜Chapter 13⚜

𝑼𝒏𝒓𝒆𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 

𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒆 

𝒄𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒂

𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕

~𝑪𝒉𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝑾𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓

I was not able to focus on anything else except Rhys and our conversation

I was not able to focus on anything else except Rhys and our conversation. Everything about him is mysterious and screams danger. My thoughts were fixated on him even as I looked out the window, admiring the view.

After we left Starbucks, Eleonora invited herself over to mine. Since she came through a cab, it was convenient for us to take my car. I could vaguely hear her talking about something as she drove but to me, it was just background music.

"You're not listening to me are you?" She said, gazing at me accusingly. I closed my eyes and sighed. "I'm sorry. I was just thinking about some stuff." I reply and silently hoped that she would go back to her talking. She didn't.

"What is it? You seemed nervous back at Starbucks as well." Oh, nothing much but, I'm pretty sure that I have a stalker and a hot one at that. I didn't realize I had said that out loud till I heard Eleonora yell, "WHAT?"

RIP my ears.

"Why didn't you tell me? Tell me everything now." She demanded.

"You remember that day when I asked you to come to pick up at the park?" She nodded her head in response and waited for me to continue. "I met him that day. Apparently, he knows Felix and he also has my number. He was at Starbucks today as well. I talked to him while you were gone to the washroom. His name is Rhys. Does that ring a bell to you?"

Frowning, she shook her head no and asked, "Have you told anyone else?"

"Not yet and I would like for you to do the same." She wanted to protest at my request but, I gave her my best puppy face and, it worked.

By the time our conversation ended, Eleonora was already parking at the driveway. We noticed that there was another car as well. "Isn't that Elijah's?" Eleonora questioned. I shook my head saying, yes.

When we entered, we heard someone crying. Quite loudly, might I add. We rushed to the living room and saw Cosimo sitting on the couch, bawling his eyes out while Elijah stood next to him completely, unaffected.

"What happened?" I asked, bewildered. Eleonora sat next to Cosimo while I went towards Elijah.

"He is so mean! Why would you show that to me?" Cosimo exclaimed with tears streaming down his face.

"Okay, what did you do?" I ask while placing my hands on my hip. "Nothing. We were watching friends and the episode where Rachel and Ross breakup showed up." He said trying, to defend himself.

I smacked his arm, to which he grunted, "Why would you do that? You know he gets." It was true. I remember when Cosimo and I were binge-watching Friends. When the scene came, I heard sniffling and crying and to my utter surprise, it was Cosimo. I had to console him for three hours and remind him that they do end up together. He is very weirdly emotional when it comes to that series.

I looked back at Cosimo who was now hugging Eleonora and she looked utterly confused about the whole situation. Yeah, well, not every day you see a grown-ass man crying over something like this. She awkwardly patted his back, "There, there." and looked at me for help. "Cosimo, stop crying. They are not real people, just fictional characters." I tell him softly as if I was talking to a two-year-old.

I am though.

"Says the girl who cries every time during The Fault In Our Stars." Cosimo retaliated.

Glaring at him I replied, "Hey, I was not prepared for Augustus to die okay? Anyway, why are you guys here?"

"We think Jace is cheating on Althea." Cosimo said.

"Why am I not surprised?" Eleonora remarked. I am with you girl.

"How do you know?" I ask them. Cosimo then told us that he and Elijah were having lunch together when they saw Jace with another woman. More specifically, "kissing the life out of her," as Cosimo stated and, that girl was not Althea.

"Look, even if we tell Althea, she isn't going to believe us. She is madly in love with that guy." Eleonora said and, I agreed. Althea trusted Jace a lot but, all that did was backfire in her face.

We were still discussing what we should do when Mary came in. "I didn't mean to interrupt but Aurora, someone is here to meet you." As she said those words, the person came forward, and boy, was I shocked.

"Hey, can we talk?"

Althea was here.

A/N

Jace is cheating on Althea. Not surprising. Althea is here! Why do you think she wants to talk to Aurora?? Something fishy?? Let me know your thoughts on the chapter in the comments!!

xoxo

Tanya