⚜Chapter 30⚜

𝑼𝒏𝒓𝒆𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔

 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒉𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓

 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒅 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒕 𝒂 

𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆.

 ~ 𝑺𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒐𝒏 𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒓

"Poison?"

"Hmm, no. The police would have to get involved."

Currently, I am with Cosimo at his house. We were sitting on the sofa with my legs perched upon his lap as he came up with ideas to murder Felix. After I showed up at his front door with red, swollen eyes, Cosimo's exact words were, "I swear if Felix did something again, he is getting his ass beat."

Nodding his head thoughtfully, Cosimo strokes the light stubble on his chin before speaking again, "Ohh, how about we throw him off a cliff? They won't find the body and, nobody would know. Nobody."

I couldn't help but laugh at the serious expression on his face.

"What? Why are you laughing? We are having a serious discussion, miss girl." Cosimo sassily remarked as he began tickling my feet.

"Cosimo! St-op." I lightly kicked his hands away, giggling hysterically.

"Aha! I finally got you to laugh, huh?" He said teasingly.

Lightly taps at my thigh twice, silently telling me to take my legs off his lap. As I do that, Cosimo shifts closer to me while I pull my knees to my chin.

"He doesn't deserve you, cara."

"I know."

"But, it doesn't matter because you love him."

"He makes it so hard." I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear and take a deep breath before continuing, "So hard to love him. Every time I try to go closer, he pulls away from me. I don't know how long I can do this, Cosimo. I'm trying to hold on but, what if there is nothing to hold on to."

My heart felt heavy and, I tried my best not to cry.

"What makes the pain go away?" Cosimo asked while playing with the bracelets on my wrists.

"He does." Biting my inner cheek, I look up to the ceiling as I blink my eyes, trying to keep the tears from falling. "Just one smile from him and, I forget all the pain. Being in love with him is like being in a room full of darkness. There is no escape. I'm just there all alone, waiting for him to pull me out into the light. Only, when I'm in his arms, basking in his warmth does the pain go away."

I don't realize that I have started crying till Cosimo gently touches my cheek, wiping away a tear.

"Felix is difficult. He wasn't always like that. You should hear the whole story from him but, I'll tell you this much, having Rhys has been tough on him. On all of us. We were all friends. Me, Eli, Felix and, him. Felix was the closest to him."

I am so confused. If the guys were friends, how come I never heard of Rhys or never even met him?

"Wait, how come I never knew about Rhys before?"

Cosimo shakes his head, "You met Althea when you guys were 17, right?" I nod my head in affirmation and, Cosimo asks further, "Hmm, when did you guys became close friends?"

"Well, it was after she turned 18. If I remember correctly, I met Althea 5 months before her 18th birthday."

"That explains it. A week after Althea's 18th birthday, Rhys left. Eli and I hadn't even met you till your wedding since we had moved away by then. As for the siblings, they had enough reason not to tell you anything."

None of this makes sense. There is some history with Rhys and, something tells me it isn't good. Abandoning my seat, I stand in front of Cosimo.

"There is something you're not telling me." I throw my hands in the air in frustration. "And what do you mean Rhys left? Where did he go?"

He shrugs his shoulders and speaks in an unbothered tone, "We don't know. Look, you should hear the whole story from Felix." Cosimo gets up, putting his hand on my shoulders. "As for Rhys, stay away from him."

"Why?"

"Rhys is not good news, Ro."

In an abandoned warehouse

He pulled against the ropes with all his might but, they didn't budge. His wrists were already turning red from all the twisting. How long had he been here? A day? No, a week. He had spent an agonizing week in this room.

He had tried everything. Screaming, kicking, went as far as stabbing a man in the leg. Hence, the ropes.

Tired, he slid down the wall and stared ahead into the mirrored wall.

Outside, a woman in her 20's approaches Rhys, standing next to him.

"The girl is asking around about you. She is going to get into trouble."

Bringing the glass to his lips, he takes a sip of the Macallan, sighing as he relishes in its taste before he orders the woman, "I will take care of her. She is not to be touched."

The woman looks stunned at the man next to her before nodding her head and walks away. Rhys takes another sip of his drink, his lips curling into a devilish smirk as he stares at the mirror in front of him. A clear view of his brother, tied up in ropes, exhausted.

"Big brother is going to take care of everything, Jace."

A/N

 So, Rhys is planning... something. A lot is about to happen in the upcoming chapters. The mystery behind Rhys and Felix will be revealed soon as well. How do we feel about Rhys? Do you think he is a good guy? Let me know in the comments!

Okay, an important news, the book will be on hold for a while. I recently started college and I am behind on my courses by a week or so since I joined late, because of that I need to catch up and focus on my studies for now. As soon as I am in tune with the college schedule, I will get back to writing and hopefully that will happen before November starts.  

I promise when I come back I will wrap up this book as soon possible. I may or may not update during this hiatus if I am able to make time. I hope guys will understand and be a little patient. I will see you guys soon, till then happy reading!!

xoxo

Tanya