⚜Chapter 22⚜

𝑼𝒏𝒓𝒆𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 

𝒂 𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒊𝒄𝒖𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒆,

 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒕 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒆 

𝒊𝒏 𝒊𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒊𝒄𝒖𝒍𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒍𝒚.

 ~ 𝑪𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒓𝒂 𝑪𝒍𝒂𝒓𝒆

"Good morning, Mary." I greet her as I step into the kitchen.

"Good morning, Felix. Something wrong with your back?" She questions, noticing how I keep grunting and cracking my back.

"It's just a little stiff. Nothing to worry about."

Yeah, right. My back feels like shit. I suppose sleeping on a sofa would do that to you. After Aurora ended up sleeping in my arms, I carried her to my room. She would've been uncomfortable in the morning if she woke up next to me on the bed and since, I didn't want to leave her alone, I slept on the sofa. Hence, the stiff back.

I didn't want to her alone, my ass. Just accept that you wanted her in your room.

"Rory went to meet your sister yesterday." Mary tells me, interrupting my thoughts.

That explains why she was crying yesterday.

"I will look into it." I tell her before digging into my toast.

"Aurora is a sweet girl, Felix. Don't judge her based on other people's assumptions of her."

When I glance up at Mary, her expressions are stern showing, how serious she is. I'm not surprised at her concern. I've always been aware of her likeness towards my wife and the bond the two shared. Not knowing what to say, I nod my head at her and go back to eating.

When I finished with breakfast, I make my way upstairs to my room. Opening the door, I see Aurora still sleeping. I'll let her sleep for 5 minutes and then wake her up. She needs to have her breakfast as well. Quietly walking to the sofa, so I don't wake her up, I sit down as I take off my coat and leave it on the armrest.

I probably look like a creep, considering how long I've been staring at her. Why do you have to be so perfect?

My lips curl into a smile when I see her rolling over my bed, purring like a cat. A cute little yawn escapes her lips as she keeps twisting and turning around the bed. My wife is never aware of her surroundings and, it shows.

Deciding to make my presence known, I say, "Good morning. I see you really like my bed."

As soon as the words leave my mouth, her body stills. She slowly turns around to face me, clearly embarrassed that she got caught. I tease her further with another comment, enjoying her reaction as she pulls the sheets over her head, hiding from me.

Laughing at her action, I say, my voice full of amusement, "Don't be embarrassed. I'm glad my wife enjoys being in my bed."

I quickly dodge the pillow that comes at me for my statement. Leaving the sofa, I walk towards the bed, sitting on the side as I tell Aurora to freshen up and go for breakfast when she asks me if I want to know about yesterday.

"If you want to tell me, you will. I can wait."

I can guess what happened but, I want her to tell me about it on her own. Bidding her goodbye, I leave the room and go downstairs. I decide to send Thea a text before getting into my car as I leave for work.

"My office. Now"

Stepping into my office, I groan when I see Cosimo in my chair.

"Why are you always in my cabin and not yours?"

"Yours has a better view. That and I love to annoy you." He says, flashing me a grin.

Five minutes after I successfully got Cosimo to leave, my intercom buzzed.

"Miss Kingston is here, Sir." My assistant's voice speaks from the other side.

"Alright, send her in." I speak and disconnect the line when the door opens. Looking up, I see my sister and frown when I notice a scarf around her neck. Since when does she like scarves?

"You asked for me?" She questions, taking a seat across the desk.

Nodding my head at her question, I ask her point-blank, "What happened with Aurora yesterday?"

She scowled at my question before answering, "Really? That's why you called me here? I don't have the time to answer your stupid questions. I'm leaving."

Grabbing her purse, she gets up and moves to leave when I stop her.

"I don't understand what is wrong with you. Aurora is trying to be your friend. She is trying to make amends, Thea."

My words did nothing to calm her, only aggravating her further as she turns around and scoffs at me.

"I don't need her to be my friend. Do you not remember how she almost ruined everything between Jace and I?"

My hand slams down on the desk hard and, she flinches a little in her place. Getting up from the chair, I move around the desk and stand in front of her maintaining a little distance.

"I remember everything. Also, the fact of how your ability to make sound perceptions vanishes into thin air when you are pissed drunk."

"So what? You're saying that I'm the one who jumped to the wrong conclusion?"

"I don't know. Maybe. Besides, we all know the saint that your boyfriend is." I sneered at her.

Althea's eyebrows furrow in confusion for a while before she shakes her head, "He loves me. I know he does."

Her voice cracks a little at the end as she speaks. For a moment, I stare at my sister, trying to find a glimpse of the girl she used to be. The spark of happiness in her smile is now lost. Her eyes full of light are now replaced with dullness as they stare into mine.

I take a deep breath, choosing my words carefully before this goes out of hand, "He doesn't love you and, he sure as hell doesn't deserve you. Stop trying to make yourself believe that he cares for you. This isn't you. This isn't my sister. You feel like a stranger to me ever since that day when h-"

"Don't." Her tone is sharp, cutting me off. "Don't talk about that. Please."

The look on her face causes me to take a sharp breath. She blinks a few times to hold back her tears. Still, one tear slides down her cheek from the corner of her eye and, she is quick to wipe it off.

She still blames herself.

"I'm leaving." She says.

She reaches for the handle when I speak, "Do you really love him, sister? Because I refuse to believe that you do."

She doesn't say anything instead leaves, closing the door with a loud bang on her way. I didn't need an answer anyway. Althea's silence spoke well enough for me.

A/N

The first interaction between the siblings and it doesn't go well. Thoughts on this chapter? Different feelings for Althea? She has her own shit to deal with it seems. Please do leave a vote if you enjoyed reading the chapter!

I will see you guys next weekend with the latest updates! If you guys want to read ahead, you can check out the book on Booknet. I will be updating earlier there from tomorrow! I will also get back to doing  my read for read requests from tomorrow onwards as well!

Till then, Happy reading!!

xoxo

Tanya