⚜Chapter 2⚜

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒅𝒚

𝒐𝒇 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕

𝒎𝒆𝒏 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒉, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕

𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒄𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆.

~𝑾. 𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒕 𝑴𝒂𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒂𝒎

I could hear my heart beating out of my chest as Jace looked at me

I could hear my heart beating out of my chest as Jace looked at me. The way he looked at me with his sinister smile made a shiver run down my spine. God, all I wanted was to run away from here. So that's what I did. I made a beeline for the bar going far away from that monster.

"What would you like to drink ma'am?"

Before I could answer, a familiar voice behind me said, "Just water for her, she doesn't drink." The bartender nodded his head and went away.

I turned around only to be crushed into two bulky arms. "Too tight... can't breathe Cosimo," I say.

"My apologies, bella. Damn, you look beautiful." Cosimo says while letting go of me and giving me a once over.

"She always looks beautiful." I look over his shoulder and see Elijah. I almost tackle him to the floor as I launch at him.

"Whoa, easy there Ro." He chuckles.

Cosimo Bartoli and Elijah Masters. I met them on the day when I first got to know of the contract. Felix introduced me to them. The three of them were childhood friends. Cosimo and Elijah had moved to London before my college started so, I never met them before. They looked intimidating when I first met them especially, Elijah. He always has a poker face on though once he opens up, he is a good person. Cosimo, on the other hand, is the total opposite. He can make you laugh and annoy people like no other. Girls swoon over them and, Cosimo's accent only adds fuel to the fire. They know why Felix hates me and of his behavior towards me. They do not believe him because they know that Jace is nothing but a lying asshole.

"Rory, what do you think?" Cosimo's voice snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I ask, confused.

"You haven't changed Ro. You still daydream." Elijah says, making me blush.

"We were asking who you missed more, cara mia?" Cosimo says.

"Of course you Cosimo."

"HA! Take that Eli-

"When pigs fly," I say, interrupting Cosimo.

"You wound my heart Aurora. Was our love not enough for you that you choose this imbecile over me?" Cosimo says, clutching his chest like I just shot him in the heart.

"Alright, stop with your dramatic ass."

"You know you love it, Elijah." Cosimo teased Elijah, making me laugh. My laughter died down when my eyes landed on Felix. There he was with some girl who was practically clinging to him like a leech.

"He is still the same huh?" Elijah says as he notices my mood turning sour seeing my husband with another woman.

"It's fine, Eli. I'm used to it by now."

Elijah looks at me with sorrowful eyes and says, "Just because you're used to it doesn't mean you deserve it."

"Anyway, where is Eleonora?" I question. Eleonora was Cosimo's younger sister. I had met her on the same day as these two as well. The two of us just hit it off. We have been friends ever since.

"There she is," Cosimo said. That was when I noticed Felix walking towards us along with Jace, Eleonora, and some guy I did not know.

"Hello, Rory," Jace says as he takes hold of my hand and kisses it making my skin crawl.

"Hi," I reply.

"So you are the infamous Aurora Herondale. I've heard a lot about you. I'm Daniel, one of Felix's colleagues."

"Kingston," Felix says. "It's Aurora Kingston." He adds.

"Hey, I hope you've heard all the good things. It's nice to meet you." I reply, trying hard not to think about Felix's comment. He has never bothered telling people we were married before. It is usually me who does that.

Eleonora had dragged me away to Lillian and Mom. We were all talking when we heard a scream. I turned in the direction of the sound and saw James and Dad trying to control someone.

"Felix! Enough!" I gasped and ran towards the scene hoping, he was okay. What I saw had me stop midway. Felix was punching Daniel like there was no tomorrow. He opens his mouth to say something but, Felix quickly lands another punch effectively, shutting him up. Right in his nose. Pretty sure that I heard something crack in there. Felix was still landing punches on Daniel. It looked like he had lost all sense. Daniel's face was covered with blood at this point.

I don't know what happened came over me. My feet moved on their accord towards Felix. I knew I was being stupid to interfere. Still, I kept walking. A mistake because as soon as I held onto Felix's hand, he jerked it backward quite powerfully. His elbow landed on my cheek making me lose my balance.

"Aurora!" Elijah caught me before I could kiss the ground. That seemed to catch Felix's attention as he turned to look at me.

Why am I so stupid?

A/N

We've crossed 50 views which is a big deal for me as this is my first story and while I deeply appreciate it, please vote on the story as well guys!!!! And comment so that I know if you're liking the story or not. It'll motivate me more to continue the story.

xoxo

Tanya