⚜Chapter 1⚜

𝑯𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒆, 

𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒃𝒐𝒚.𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆.

𝑰𝒕𝒔 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒅𝒆𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕.

𝑯𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒑𝒔 𝒐𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕.

𝑯𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔 𝒎𝒆 𝒄𝒓𝒚.

~ 𝑴𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒖𝒔 𝒁𝒖𝒔𝒂𝒌

It has been a year since I have been married to the man I love with all my heart, Felix Kingston

It has been a year since I have been married to the man I love with all my heart, Felix Kingston. During this period, I have come to acknowledge the fact that he would never love me. But at least we don't bite each other's heads off. He has to be at home for that to happen.

Ever since our marriage, Felix barely stays home. On the day of our wedding, he left for London and returned after four months. It gets lonely in the mansion. Thankfully being a painter, my work keeps me busy for the most part. I spend most of my time in the library or the art studio down the hall.

The sound of the main door closing brings me back to reality. I make my way out of the kitchen to the living room when my steps falter.

Felix was home.

My breath hitches in my throat as I take in his appearance. He looks devilishly handsome like he always does. His body was broader and more muscular than the last time I saw him. The blue suit jacket hugs his body just right, showing off his muscles. His black hair looks messy as if he's run his hands through them countless times. Sensing my stare, he looks up at me.

"H-Hi," I say, clearing my throat. He does not respond to my greeting. He nods his head and goes upstairs to his room. I am okay. It is all okay. I repeat these words over and over in my head as I go to my room.

The next morning I stirred in my sleep as the sound of my phone ringing disturbed me. I groggily reach for the phone and answer it.

"Hello?" I ask, still not fully awake.

"Aurora? It's Lillian, were you sleeping?" Lillian is Felix's mother.

"Oh hey, umm no, no, I was about to wake up. What is it that you called for?"

"I just wanted to let you know that there is a party being held today at the house at 8 pm. It is more of a business gathering actually for Felix."

God no! I cannot bear another public humiliation of being the topic of gossip again. Whenever Felix and I have to attend any party, the guy downright ignores me. But people talk and, the way he flirts with other women means more spicy gossip.

"Yeah, okay got it. We'll be there."

I am so going to regret this. With that thought, I head towards the bathroom to get ready for the day. After taking a nice relaxing bath, I decided to wear my grey coloured shorts and tee set and tied my hair in a messy bun.

I had almost forgotten that Felix was at home when I heard Mary, our housekeeper, talking to him.

"Good morning Mary, Felix."

"Morning child," and like always, I get no response from Felix. Why do I even bother when it comes to him?

"Mama told me about the gathering today, I will pick you up at 7. Be ready and try not to dress like a whore. I have a reputation to maintain." He says, contempt lacing his words.

I bent my head down and nod in reply, not wanting to cry in front of him yet again.

"Mary, I'm leaving." As soon as I can tell he has left, I stand in the kitchen looking at my plate, my vision fogging as I struggle to keep the tears at bay.

The rest of the day, I remain cooped up in my room reading Pride and Prejudice. I must have slept since Mary had to wake me up, telling me it was 6 pm. I hurriedly put on a black satin gown with a slit that shows off my curves perfectly. I did smokey eyes, which complimented my blue eyes, and went with a nude lip. Styling my blonde hair in soft curls, I let them down, making them reach my waist. I opted to wear my black stilettos. I hate wearing heels, but next to Felix's 6'1 height, I look like a dwarf with my 5'0 height. My husband is a giant.

Grabbing my clutch, I went downstairs. The sight I saw almost made my knees weak. Felix was in a black tux that fit him perfectly with his hair gelled back and a clean-shaven look. The bastard just had to look sexy all the damn time.

"Let's go, we're going to be late if you keep checking me out," He said, making me blush. I was disappointed he did not say anything about my dress but a bit glad that there was no snarky comment.

The drive was silent. Neither of us saying anything. We arrived at the Kingston Mansion and went in.

"I expect you not to embarrass me today." Felix said

I was about to reply when James and Lillian approached us. "Hi, Rory," Lillian said while hugging me. Lillian and I were talking about my new painting while James and Felix talk about business.

"Dad, where is Thea?" Felix asked

"Oh, there she is,"

I turned to look in the direction where James pointed. Althea was here with Jace.

A/N

Hope you guys like it!! Next update will be tomorrow!!! Please comment and let me know how you like the story and don't forget to vote and share!!!!

xoxo

Tanya