⚜Chapter 17⚜

𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝑰 𝒂𝒎

𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒔𝒖𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕,

 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒖𝒍𝒍

 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓.

 ~ 𝑬𝒅𝒏𝒂 𝑺𝒕. 𝑽𝒊𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝑴𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒂𝒚

This past week has been refreshing

This past week has been refreshing. I loved every bit of it. Being around Aurora is a different feeling. It's almost as if she calms me. Work kept me busy so, I couldn't spend much time with her but, I made sure to talk to her or check up on her whenever I could. We started having dinner together. I swear all my tiredness vanished the moment I'd come home from work to see her at the dining table, smiling and waiting for me at dinner.

I've wasted so much time with her. So much.

Not anymore, I thought, which is why I decide to ask her out. Unfortunately, she was busy. So, I couldn't have her all day, but she did say yes to going out for dinner. At this point, I'll take anything she gives me. I want to spend time with her doesn't matter where it is.

The look on her face when I brought her to the gallery was priceless. It made my heart swell with pride that I was the one who made her happy. I was the reason behind her smile. I was not expecting her to do what she did next. The moment her soft, plump lips touched my cheek, I stilled.

Please, don't test me.

It physically hurt to stop myself from kissing her. She smelled like sandalwood. Hmm, my new favourite scent. Thankfully, she backed off before I could lose control. My wife liked to be a little tease and, I enjoyed every minute of it.

I was discovering a new side of her. Her passion for her work was something I had always admired. Today, I got to see that side of her. When I questioned her love for painting, Aurora seemed to drift into her thoughts. With a soft smile on her face, she spoke, her eyes so wild with passion. Her words, fading in the background as I stared at her. She looks so beautiful. So perfect. Under those blonde bangs shone eyes the colour of mesmerizing blue, cute little freckles on her cheeks.

Boy, am I whipped.

"Well, I had a good time." She smiled

We were back home and standing in front of her room.

Relieved that she enjoyed herself, I reply, "I'm glad. I had a good time too."

Nodding her head, she turned around to go when I held her wrist, stopping her and tugged her against my chest. She gasped, her hands falling on my chest for support as my hands made their way down to her waist. Tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear, I took her chin and gently raised her face to mine.

Fuck, those eyes looked so vulnerable.

Unable to help myself, I leaned down and kissed her forehead. At my action, she sighed and closed her eyes as if she's taking in the moment. Softly kissing her eyes, I let my forehead fall against hers and close my eyes.

"Felix," She softly whispers. Opening my eyes at her voice, I find her eyes staring into mine.

"You're so beautiful." I tell her. My eyes fall down to her lips that look so enticing right now. I need to calm down.

Kissing her cheek one last time. My lips lingering a little longer than necessary, I whisper, "Goodnight, love."

Not waiting to hear her reply, I leave.

Entering my room, I quickly changed my clothes and went to bed.

I cannot be falling for her this fast. No, we need to go slow. I need to take things slow. Besides, after all the hurt I've caused her, I cannot expect her to love me. After this whole contract thing gets done, I'll let her go.

This is enough. Being friends with her is enough.

Right?

A/N

Just a little peek into Felix's thoughts in this chapter. Please do comment and like if you enjoyed reading the story so far! If you want to read ahead then you can check out the book on Booknet, the link is provided in my bio. The book has been updated till chapter 25 there.

I'll see you guys tomorrow with the next chapter! Happy reading!

xoxo

Tanya