⚜Chapter 19⚜

𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 

𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒔, 

𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒄𝒂𝒏 

𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒕 

𝒐𝒇 𝒂𝒏 𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒆. 

~ 𝑴𝒆𝒈𝒂𝒏 𝑴𝒄𝑪𝒂𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒓𝒕𝒚 

Two days.

It's been two days since our date and, I haven't been able to look Felix in the eye since. I'm pretty sure he knows that I'm avoiding him. I leave my room after he has left for work and eat dinner before he comes home. We've stopped texting as well but, he still checks up on me through Mary. It made me feel good when Mary told me that he asked about me.

Thinking back to our date, I had fun. I did. The art gallery, dinner, everything was perfect. I didn't expect what happened when we got back home.

He leans down and kisses my forehead. Sighing, I close my eyes. I wish we could stay like this forever.

I feel his lips on my eyelids, kissing me softly. His hands are around my waist, holding me close as he puts his forehead against mine.

"Felix," as I softly whisper his name, his eyes hold so many emotions as he looks at me.

"You're so beautiful." He says as his gaze shifts down to my lips. Please, kiss me. I inwardly begged.

He almost kissed me. He is so confusing. He married me but didn't want anything to do with me. Then, he suggested that we should be friends and goes on to kiss me. What does he want from me? Ugh!

I don't have the time to think about all this right now.

I'm supposed to be meeting with Althea right now but, she is not here yet. We were supposed to finalize the venue today and hire a planner as well. I swear if she stood me up again! I've been waiting for 15 minutes now. Just as I'm about to leave, I see her enter the cafe.

"You're late." I tell her as she sits down at the table.

"Well, I'm here, aren't I?" She retorts back.

"Hmm, I suppose I should be glad, considering you did stood me up last time." Althea decides to say nothing instead opens her little notebook in which I'm sure she already has her ideas filled out.

We both spend the next hour discussing different ideas. Well, I wouldn't exactly call it discussing. Every time I suggest something she would either dismiss it or say her parents wouldn't like it. I call it bullshit. I know her mother loves Lillies but, Althea refuses the idea only because I suggested it.

I cannot deal with the Kingston siblings for the life of me.

Tired of her attitude, I decided to confront her.

"What is the matter with you?"

"Nothing. Why?" Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she answers.

"You are refusing to listen to any of my ideas. By the looks of it, it seems like you've already planned everything. Why do you need me then?"

Shaking her head at me, she says, "I knew this would happen. You always want everything to go your way. First it was Jace, then my brother and now this."

"This isn't even about Jace and, you came to me for help not the other way around."

This is not how I was planning for this to go, I thought we could put our differences aside and get along, but clearly, I was wrong.

"Clearly, I shouldn't have." She starts putting all her things in the bag and goes for her book when her sleeves pull back a little and, that's when I notice it, red handprints on her right wrist. Frowning, I hold her hand, "What is this?"

Her face goes pale for a second as I question her though she is quick to mask it. Snatching her hand away from my hold, she covers her wrist again.

"It's nothing." Lies. Unlike her brother, Althea sucks at lying. As I look at her again, I notice something else.

"You're wearing turtleneck." I point towards her top.

"Okay? And?" Althea has a bored look on her face but, her eyes give away the tension she feels from my questions.

"You hate wearing it. It makes you feel itchy. You never wear it willingly."

I don't want to think it. I don't even want it to be a possibility but, the red handprints and the turtleneck. I'm sure she has bruises around her neck. I swear if Jace had put his hands on her.

Deciding to bite the bullet, I ask, "Did Jace raise his hand on you?"

Althea looks taken aback at my question. Her eyes almost softened before a furious look takes over them. Uh oh.

"What Jace and I do is none of your business. You already tried to ruin us once before and, I am not going to let it happen again. If I were you, I'd be more worried about my failing marriage instead of worrying about other people's relationships. At least, Jace loves me. Can you say the same about my brother?" She mockingly says the last sentence.

At this point, we've attracted an audience. Fuck this. I don't need this right now. Grabbing my things, I storm out of the cafe and drive off to the mansion.

As soon as I'm inside, I sit down on the couch and, the tears fall freely from my eyes. Althea hates me. It doesn't register in my mind that Felix is home when I hear the door. Only when he takes me in his arms did I realize that he is here. As he questions about what happened, I don't know what to tell him. Oh, your sister hates me from the bottom of her heart and, she might be getting abused. Anyway, how was work today?

Probably not the right way to word it. Besides, all I want right now is for him to hold me. And that is just what he did. He held me in his arms, not letting go even for a second till I felt my eyes getting heavy as sleep took over me.

That night, even after the shitty day I had, I felt at peace listening to his heartbeat as I fell asleep in his arms.

A/N

DOUBLE UPDATE! I think this is my first time doing a double update which makes me very happy hehe. Thoughts on Felix and Aurora's relationship now? Felix is trying to redeem himself. 

Anyway,I will see you guys next week with the latest chapters! I will be updating on Booknet from tomorrow so if you wish to read ahead earlier you can check the book there for daily updates! Happy reading!

xoxo

Tanya