⚜Chapter 18⚜

𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆 

𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒐 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒆 

𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂 𝒈𝒍𝒊𝒎𝒑𝒔𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒊𝒎, 

𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 

𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔. 

~ 𝑱𝒖𝒍𝒊𝒂 𝑸𝒖𝒊𝒏𝒏

Aurora has been avoiding me ever since our date, which was two days ago

Aurora has been avoiding me ever since our date, which was two days ago. At first, I thought I was wrong, but no, she is avoiding me. Aurora doesn't come out of her room in the morning till I leave for work. I come home and, she is in her room already eaten her dinner. I have to call Mary to ask how my wife is doing if she's eaten if she's home. I could easily text her like I usually do but, I don't want her to avoid my texts. Maybe, I scared her off that night. I mean, what guy says that he wants to be just friends but then proceeds to kiss her in a non-friendly way. Me, I do that.

I hate this, this distance, and to think it's just been two days. Two days without talking to her feels like an eternity. I'll talk to her today, no matter what. I hate this awkwardness between us.

"FELIX!"

"I'm awake! I'm awake!"

I jumped in my seat, the file in my hand falling with papers scattering everywhere on the floor. Blinking my eyes, I look up to see the gazes of my board members on me. Fuck, I'm in a board meeting right now.

Looking to my right, I see Cosimo. His hand over his mouth, trying his best not to laugh. Right next to him is Elijah. Fuck, he is going to kill me. Elijah hates it when anyone messes up during a meeting. This meeting was of concern since the three of us decided to collaborate on this project.

Clearing his throat, Elijah spoke for me. It was for the best. I don't even know what they talked about during the meeting.

"I think I speak for all of us and, Felix is expressing his enthusiasm in his way that we should go ahead with the deal. Well, this meeting is over then."

As soon as Elijah escorted everyone out, Cosimo let out a burst of full-blown laughter, holding his stomach.

Rolling my eyes at him, I groaned, "Oh, fuck off."

"OW!" Wincing, I look at Elijah, who just hit the back of my head with the file in his hands.

"I cannot believe you dozed off in a fucking meeting." He hissed at me. The three of us are 27 years old, yet Elijah could easily pass off as the big brother of the group with his dominating aura. While I was the middle child, Cosimo was the youngest, annoying lot of the group. There used to be another one of us, but it's better if I don't think about that.

After a lot of apologizing on my part, we were now sitting in my cabin.

"So, how did the date go?" Elijah questioned as sits down on the sofa, nursing a glass of whiskey in his hands.

"How did you know?"

"What date?"

Cosimo and I asked at the same time.

"El told me that our boy here asked out Rory to dinner when we were talking on the phone."

"I didn't know that you and my sister had things to talk about."

Cosimo's brows knitting in confusion as he offers me a glass. Cosimo is very protective of Eleonora, just like I am with Althea. Refusing the drink in his hands, he keeps it for himself.

"Dude, I would never go for your sister. You know that." Elijah says, defending himself against Cosimo's indirect accusation. Satisfied with his answer, Cosimo turns to me and speaks, "So, date, huh?"

"Yeah, took her to an art gallery, and then we went for dinner. We had fun." I say, a grin across my face as I think of her smiling face.

Elijah and Cosimo look at each other for a moment before Elijah asks, "What are you doing?"

Confused, I ask, "What do you mean?"

"Look, you're our brother, and we both love you. But, if you're just going to lead Aurora on, then don't. She doesn't deserve that." Cosimo says, a serious look on his face.

"We just agreed to be friends. That's all." God, I hate that word. Friends.

Raising his hands in the air, Cosimo nods his head, "Okay then."

When I came home, I was surprised to see Aurora sitting in the living room. She must be deep in thought as she hadn't noticed my presence in the room yet. Something was wrong, her face buried in her hands, and her shoulders were slightly shaking. Fuck, was she crying?

Loosening my tie, I sat down on my knees in front of her. "Aurora, hey," I whisper, removing her hands from her face.

Bloodshot eyes and a blotchy nose are what I notice first, with tears running down her cheeks. She's been crying for a while.

Sitting down next to her on the couch, I'm quick to pull her into my lap. Hiding her face into my chest, she keeps crying, her tears soaking my shirt. Cradling her face in my hands, I look at her, "What's wrong? You want to talk about it?"

She doesn't say anything, just shaking her head no. Not wanting to force her, I hold her in my arms, whispering sweet nothings in her ear till she dozes off in my arms.

A/N

Another Felix POV chapter! Hope you enjoy reading the chapter. To everyone who has been reading this book and leaving a like, thank you so much. I see you and I appreciate you for supporting me.