⚜Chapter 9⚜

𝑴𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒏𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒕 𝒂𝒔 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒕

 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒆. 𝑰𝒕 𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒇𝒆𝒍𝒕 𝒂𝒔 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒕 

 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒍𝒆𝒏, 𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒏 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒎𝒚 

 𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒃𝒚 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 

 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒏𝒐 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒊𝒕.

 ~𝑴𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝑻. 𝑻𝒂𝒚𝒍𝒐𝒓

After I stormed out of Eli's house, I decided not to go home because that would mean facing Felix

After I stormed out of Eli's house, I decided not to go home because that would mean facing Felix. I don't even want to breathe the same air as him right now, let alone look at him. Harsh, I know but, he deserves it. So, after a lot of mindless walking, I ended up here, at a park.

As I enter the park, a slight breeze caressed my face. The calm relaxing shade of blue in the background supported the clouds and the sun. The park, in its absolute stillness, was my kind of place. I just needed to be alone right now. I sat down on one of the benches and looked around. Flower hedges and bushes grew all around, adding to the pleasant atmosphere. God, this place would have been beautiful to me at this time but, if only bad things weren't happening to me.

I don't know for how long I sat there just thinking. Thinking about how my life would've turned out differently if I hadn't been at that party that night. If Althea had believed me. If I hadn't agreed to marry Felix.

Felix

Even after everything, I am in love with him. He never leaves my mind. He is always there, mentally if not physically. The fact that I love him doesn't scare me. What scares me is that I know that no matter how much he'll break me, I'll always love him.

Isn't it funny that the people you love with everything that you have are the ones who hurt you the most? It is terrifying how much power they hold over us, how much control they have over us. When you fall in love, you're willing to do anything for that person just to see them happy. You push your limits for them and prioritize their needs over yours. Yet, somehow, they leave just like that, and you are left wondering, "What did I do wrong?", "What was my fault?"

The truth is that it wasn't your fault. You did everything you could. You held on even when there was nothing to hold onto. You're only fault was that you gave your heart to someone who didn't deserve it and expected them to protect it.

And that is my only fault. Giving my heart to Felix was my choice, him breaking it into pieces was his.

I was lost deep in my thoughts when I heard a voice, "Lose him."

Startled, I raise my head to look at the deepest blue eyes I have ever seen. I could get lost in those eyes forever. He was well-built and I'm pretty sure he had abs. He had messy dark brown hair and sharp cheekbones. A teasing smirk had adorned his face and, I couldn't help but feel like I've seen that somewhere before. His jawline game was on point though.

God, I could cut myself touching that jawline.

"Are you done staring, or would you like me to model for you?" he said, smirking at me.

"I wasn't staring at you." I respond, blushing profusely.

"Sure, you weren't." He teased, that smirk adorning his face.

"So, Aurora, you should lose him." He stated while sitting down next to me.

"How do you know my name and lose who?" I ask, bewildered. As far as I know, I've never met him, and believe me I would remember if I had met him.

"You aren't exactly keeping a low profile." He said while waving the newspaper in my face. "And I was talking about your husband. The look you have on your face I've seen those countless times before. You feel for him, but he doesn't."

"You can't make that judgement. You've just met me; you barely even know me!" I said, trying to defend myself.

"I may not know you, but I know Felix and he is an idiot for treating you the way he is."

"I shouldn't even be talking to you. You're a stranger. You could be a serial killer and I wouldn't know. And how do you even know Felix?"

"You really love him, don't you?" He asks, completely ignoring everything I said but, I answer anyway, "Yes, I do."

"Isn't that hard? Being in love with him?", His eyes full of curiosity as he asks me.

I shake my head no and say, "Falling in love with him wasn't the hard part. It's admitting that he won't feel the same is hard."

He looked at me with a pitiful smile and sympathy in his eyes, but I don't want that. I don't want anyone's pity. "What about you? Have you ever fallen in love?" I ask trying to divert the attention from me

"I don't want to fall in love. It's painful and pointless."

"What? How could you not want to fall in love?"

"It's quite simple really." He says, shrugging his shoulder before continuing, "I don't want my happiness to depend on whether a person gives me their attention or not. I don't want to stay up late at night wondering whether they are thinking about me. I don't want to cry over someone who may not care. But most importantly I don't want to give anyone the power to destroy me."

I didn't say anything after that, and he didn't either. We sat there as the silence enveloped us. After some time, he spoke up, "You should call your friends, they must be worried." He was about to leave when I stopped him.

"You didn't tell me your name!" I shout after him as he begins to leave.

"A little mystery is always good." He said that smirk making its way to his face again, and then he left. After he left, I decided to text Eleonora to come and pick me up. She replied saying, she'll be there in a few minutes. After that, I just sat there waiting for Eleonora and thinking about his words.

"I don't want to give anyone the power to destroy me."

A/N

This chapter introduced a new character which will be played by Ian Somerhalder. He will make an appearance again soon in the upcoming chapters. How do you think he knows Felix?? Next chapter Aurora and Felix will have a conversation. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!! And thank you for all the reads, comments and votes. It means a lot!!

Stay safe and don't forget to vote comment and share!!

xoxo

Tanya