⚜Chapter 3⚜

𝑰 𝒘𝒊𝒔𝒉 𝑰 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 

 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆

 𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 

 𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒊𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒊𝒙 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏

 𝒂 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒏 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 

 ~ 𝑱𝒖𝒍𝒊𝒂 𝑹𝒐𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒕𝒔

Getting punched in the face hurts

It hurts like a bitch.

Why? Because you get a few seconds of complete memory loss. It's a dull pain at first but, then you become acutely aware of it. Then the pain hits you and it is pure hell.

"You okay?" I turned my head towards the door and saw Elijah leaning against the door frame.

"Yeah, I guess. Just a bit of headache that's all. I'll be fine though."

Elijah came and sat at the edge of the bed. "You shouldn't have done that. You're lucky you didn't get hurt bad."

"I don't know what I was thinking." I lied. I knew what I was doing and how stupid it was but I was thinking of Felix.

"If you're going to lie then you shouldn't be so bad at it."

"Elijah has she... Oh! you're up. Wow, you look terrible."

"Well, aren't you the sweetest Cosimo." I say sarcastically.

"Where's Felix?" I ask. They both shared a look debating whether to tell me or not.

"Guys, where is he?" I ask again. "He went home Ro, okay? He saw you laying on the floor like that and he just left." Cosimo said.

Ouch

It hurt to hear that. Felix could have stayed if not for me then, at least for our parents. Neither of our parents knows about how our marriage is. It is honestly better that way. We always put up a show for them, he acts like he is oh-so in love with me when they are around. Not today, I guess.

"Can you drop me home? Please?"

"Yeah okay. Cosimo, tell James we're leaving."

"Alright."

Before leaving, I talked to Mom and Lillian, assuring them that I was fine and that Felix probably needed to cool down so, he went home.

The ride back home was not tense. Cosimo was being his usual self, annoying the hell out of Elijah. I didn't realize we had reached till I felt the car come to a stop. I was nervous, why was I nervous? I didn't know. I just was.

"You okay?" Elijah asked. "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for dropping me." I tell him.

"It's nothing Ro." He said, softly smiling at me.

As much as I hoped they could stay, I knew they had to go. I entered the house hoping to find Felix in the living room, but he wasn't there which meant he was in his room. Good for me. I did not want to face him right now. I walked upstairs and went to my room.

"You're late."

"Son of a... Felix! God you scared the living shit out of me." I stumbled back, putting a hand on my chest.

"Elijah dropped you?" He asked, completely ignoring me.

"Well, someone had to considering my dear husband left me." I remark sarcastically.

"I'd watch that mouth if I were you."

"Why did you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Fight with Daniel."

"None of your business."

"I deserve to know why you decided to make a scene like that and lose your shit."

"Because he talked shit about you okay? Said you looked "fuckable in that tight dress." Elijah warned him to stop but the fucker just kept going and I lost my shit. There that's what happened."

He was breathing heavily by the time he stopped. He had his fists clenched and his jaw kept ticking like he was trying not to lose control. Closing his eyes once, he took a deep breath and slowly walked towards me stopping, when he was just an inch away. I am sure he could hear how fast my heart was beating, given how close he was to me.

"I'm sorry I hurt you. I didn't realize that it was you." His voice is soft, almost like a whisper.

"It's fine." I squeaked.

He stared at me as his fingers lightly touched the bruise on my cheek. A shiver went down my spine at his touch. His breath lightly hitting my face. Too close, too close.

"You should put some ice pack on that." and just like that he stepped back and made his way for the door.

"Wait!"

"What now?" He asked getting annoyed.

"Why did you hit him? He didn't say anything that you haven't already said to me in all the time you've known me."

He did not say anything nor did he turn around to look at me. After a minute, he looked over his shoulder and said, "As much as I despise you, you're still my wife and no one is going to hurt or insult you other than me. That pleasure, my dear wife, is reserved for me and me alone."

Then he left, leaving me utterly confused if I should be happy that he stood up for me or sad that he did it just because he does not want to give someone else the pleasure of hurting me other than himself.