⚜Chapter 27⚜

𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒅, 

𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒔𝒐𝒇𝒕 

𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒂𝒏𝒅 

𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒃𝒆 

𝒃𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒉𝒊𝒎. 

~ 𝑴𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝑴𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒓

There are moments when life forces you to face reality, moments when everything seems to fall apart

There are moments when life forces you to face reality, moments when everything seems to fall apart. Death is one of those moments. The mere possibility that today might be the last time I talked to Felix, the last time I would ever see his beautiful smile as he looked at me with those hypnotic blue eyes, holding me in his arms while we danced, instilled a fear deep in my bones.

How did it come to this? We were okay. We were finally in a good place. God, I wish we never attended the party. I wish I didn't leave him alone.

I wish I told him I loved him.

Running through the hospital corridors, I tried to ignore the pungent smell of medicines, hearing a doctor inform a woman that she just lost her husband. No matter how hard I tried to block the memories, the nostalgia, they came rushing back. I've been here before, sitting in the ambulance van as I hold Felix's hand praying to god that he makes it out alive as we rush him to the hospital.

TW: The following scene deals with a drug overdose. Read with caution!

"Hey, babe! I left with Jace. I'm really sorry I ditched but, I swear I'll make it up to you <3."

I wanted to throw my phone across the wall when I read Thea's text. This girl not only ditched me but eloped from her own party. I suppose I cannot blame her for the latter since people haven't really noticed. The loud music blaring from the speakers and the free alcohol has them occupied to observe that the hostess is gone.

I haven't seen Felix since I arrived. I'm a little worried about his new friends. I've heard rumors they are into pretty wrong shit, fighting, drugs, and all that. Then again, they could be rumors and nothing else.

Feeling irritated with the noise, I leave the hall and go upstairs. Hopefully, one of the rooms will be vacant, so I can get some peace while I book a cab to get the hell out of here. I tried the first three rooms but, they were all locked. I moved towards a room on the far left of the hallway. The door was slightly ajar, meaning it must be vacant.

YES! Finally, some peace, I thought.

Pushing open the door, I entered and, the sight in front of me had me screaming his name. Felix was lying on the floor with the vomit and blood trailing down from the side of his lips. Depending on how his sheets looked badly crumpled, I assumed he was on the bed and tried to get up but ended up falling over, knocking down a lamp in the process. Rushing to his side, I realize that Felix isn't unconscious yet. He was choking on his vomit. Leaving my phone on speaker as I dial 911, I try to turn Felix onto his side to prevent the choking.