⚜Chapter 25⚜

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆 𝒐𝒇

 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓

 𝒅𝒊𝒅 𝒓𝒖𝒏 𝒔𝒎𝒐𝒐𝒕𝒉. 

~ 𝑾𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒎 𝑺𝒉𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒆

"Are we done? I'm hungry."

I wanted to stomp my feet and roll on the ground so I can have Nora's attention. Yesterday, Felix whisked me away to a date after the exhibition claiming that we needed to celebrate my success which is where he told me about the Blacks hosting a party today. He wanted to inform me earlier but, it slipped his mind. Since the Kingston's were close to them, we had to make an appearance. Eleonora decided this was reason enough for us to go shopping again even though we went out this week.

We had been to four shops so far and, the girl refused almost every dress she came across. Sometimes it is too flashy or too simple. I don't understand why she can't pick something from her closet. She has a shit load of clothes. Finally, she decided on a dark red velvet gown with long sleeves.

I'm pretty sure I saw that in the other stores we visited, I thought.

"Okay, we're done. Now we can eat." She said after she paid at the counter.

Thank god!

Carrying our bags, we went into McDonald's and quickly getting the food before proceeding to grab a seat.

"So, you and Felix. What's happening?" She asks, propping her elbows on the table as she leans forward.

"Nuh-uh, missy. Today I'll be the one asking questions. Black shirt guy, did you see him again?"

I cock my head to the side, raising my eyebrow as I ask her. Her eyes widen at my question and, she stammers a little before speaking, "There is no guy."

I give her a bored look as I fold my hands against my chest. Does she really think she can lie to me?

Knowing that I won't let her off the hook this time, she sighs, "It's complicated."

"I'm listening."

"Well, for starters, he is off-limits to me."

My eyebrows furrow at her statement as I lean forward and hold her right hand, "Please tell me he is not married."

Nora is quick to shut down my assumption, "What? No!"

Relieved at her answer, I take my hand back and bite into my burger before replying, "Well, I don't see how it's complicated. If the guy isn't married then how is he off limits to you?"

"Did you ever tell Althea about your feelings for Felix?"

Okay, random question.

"Uh, no but, I knew that she wouldn't have a problem with it. Back when we were on good terms, she told me she wouldn't mind if I went for Felix or vice-versa."