⚜Chapter 12⚜

𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒏 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒔

𝒔𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒕 𝒐𝒏𝒆

𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓:

"𝒘𝒉𝒚 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐

𝑰 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒍𝒚 𝒂𝒎?"

~ 𝑺𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒐𝒏 𝑳. 𝑨𝒍𝒅𝒆𝒓

"So, not only he apologized but also suggested that you guys should be friends?" Eleonora asked with a shocked look on her face

"Yeah," I reply as I continue sipping on my drink.

Shortly after Felix had left for work, she had called me saying she was bored and wanted to hang out. Since I was free, I agreed. I had hurriedly put on a yellow sundress and tied my hair in a ponytail because Eleonora does not like to be kept waiting. So, currently, she and I were sitting in Starbucks as I told her all about Felix's changed attitude.

"Are you sure we're talking about the same Felix?" I chuckled at her statement and was about to reply when my phone buzzed repeatedly.

"Woah, someone is eager to talk to you." Eleonora stated. I unlocked my phone and saw that I had three texts from Elijah but what caught my attention was that I had a text from that unknown number.

"Wouldn't you like to know?"

I was about to text back when my phone buzzed again.

"You look gorgeous in yellow."

What the hell? If I wasn't panicking before, I am now. I looked around frantically, trying to decipher if that person was here. My heart was beating so hard against my chest as if it would burst open any moment. Suddenly, it felt like I was the centre of attraction, and everyone was looking at me. Anyone who even glanced my way had me thinking if it was them. I jumped in my seat when I felt a hand on my arm.

"Hey, you, okay?" Eleonora asked me, clearly worried for me. I cleared my throat before speaking, "Yeah, fine." She didn't seem convinced with my answer but let it go anyway. "I'm just going to go use the washroom. I'll be back in a minute."

Don't go, please.

Nope, I didn't say that though I wanted to. "Yeah, okay."

Eleonora nodded her head at me and then went towards the washroom. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths to calm my nerves.

"You seem nervous." My eyes shot open. I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw the person sitting in front of me. It was him.

"What are you doing here? How did you know I was here? Wait, are you stalking me? How--"

"I'm here to get a drink. I didn't know you were here and no Aurora, I am not stalking you." He said, cutting me off. "Oh, and sorry that my text freaked you out." Text? Is it him?

"It's you? You have been texting me?"

"Yup." He said, shrugging his shoulders.

"How did you even get my number?"

"I have my ways." He said with his signature smirk. I was wondering where that smirk was.

*cough* "Stalker" *cough* He glared at me when he said that.

Even his glare is sexy. My inner hoe is surfacing. Not right now!! We need answers.

"Would you at least tell me your name? It's only fair that you do. I mean you know my name, my number. I deserve to know your name if not anything else."

For a while, he just stared at me. It was like he was contemplating if he should tell me or not. He sighed before answering, "Rhys."

I waited for him to say his full name but, he didn't. I look at him in disbelief and throw my hands in the air as I speak, "Rhys? That's all I get? You won't even give me your whole name?" I was becoming exasperated with this whole situation now. I mean, you know almost every personal information of mine but, I can't even know your name.

Double Standards. That's what it is.

"No, I won't because if you did know my whole name you would run for the hills." He spoke. Pfft, what is he? A mafia leader?

"You say that as if I should be scared of you." As soon as the words left my mouth, his whole demeanour changed. The playful and teasing mood disappeared, the atmosphere turned grave, full of tension. I noticed how his hands clenched into fists on the table, his eyes turned dark, and spoke in a hard tone, "You should be."

I almost flinched at the coldness in his voice. Boy, I pity the person who has been at the receiving end of his wrath. He cocked his head to the side and said, "Oh, your lady friend is here." I turned around and saw that Eleonora was just a few steps away from us. "Hey, sorry I took a bit of time. Who were you talking to?" She said as she stood behind my seat.

"Oh, I was just talking to--" I said as I turned around but stopped midway when I realized that the seat was empty. Rhys was gone. My phone buzzed again, and I didn't wait for a second to open it.

"See you soon, Blondie."

A/N

Thoughts on Rhys? Who do you think he is? We'll be seeing more of him in the future, hehe. Please comment so I know your thoughts and views on the story so far, give it a like if you enjoyed reading! Hit that follow button to remain updated about the book. It would mean a lot and I appreciate all the support the book has been getting so far so thank you, cuties!

xoxo

Tanya