⚜Chapter 16⚜

𝑯𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒃𝒐𝒕𝒉 

𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑰 

𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕...

𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑰 

𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆...

~ 𝑹𝒂𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒂 𝑺𝒖𝒛𝒖𝒌𝒊

"Where are we going?"

Groaning, Felix replied, "I told you, it's a surprise. Now, please stop asking me the same question every five minutes."

When Felix came home, it was almost time for us to go out, and I wasn't exactly ready. I got too caught up with Nora that I forgot to keep track of time. Thankfully, Nora helped me pick an outfit, and in under ten minutes, I was ready. Currently, Felix was taking us someplace he refused to tell me.

"I don't even know if I dressed appropriately." I said, folding my arms against my chest, pouting. All he said was to dress casual, nothing too elegant. So, I went with a white tank top, pairing it with white wide-legged tailored trousers.

"You look perfect. Stop fretting."

The rest of the car ride was silent. After ten minutes, the car came to a stop. "Okay, we're here." Felix said as he unlocked his seatbelt.

"Isn't this an art gallery?" I asked. "Yes, now, come on." Getting out of the car, Felix rushed to my side and opened the door for me before I could, offering me his hand.

Giggling, I take his hand, "Such a gentlemen."

"Only for you, love." He winked. Locking the car, he took hold of my hand and entered the gallery.

"Is the place closed down? I'm pretty sure they had an exhibition planned today." I asked as I looked around. There were no visitors considering it was past the opening time.

"Uh, I may have rented it out for us."

"You what? When?" My eyes must be huge as saucers right now.

"Last week, I know you love art, so I figured I'd take you here."

Standing on my toes, I lightly pecked his cheek. Slightly leaning back, I whispered against his lips, "Thank you."

Turning back around, I began to look at the various paintings with Felix trailing behind me. I could feel his heated stare behind my back. A little teasing is always fun.

We spent an hour at the gallery before we got hungry so, Felix drove us to a local restaurant, Moira's.

It's a small restaurant, down the street, with chairs and tables positioned in front of the entrance. A variety of flowers, artfully trimmed, grew around the windows. The ambiance of the cafe, its homely atmosphere, the cosiness were just perfect.

Sitting down at our table, I started going through the menu when Felix spoke, "I hope you enjoyed yourself at the gallery."

Looking up from the menu, I smiled, "I loved it. Thank you so much for planning this."

Shaking his head at me, he continued, "No need to thank me. I enjoyed myself as well. So, tell me, why painting?"

Softly smiling at his question, I replied, "I don't know. I guess it was an escape from reality like I could paint anything that I want. You have no control over life, but this was something I had complete control over. To me, paintings are not just art, they are like emotions. It was the perfect way for me to express myself emotionally."

It was true. Even at the gallery, all those paintings on the wall showed an array of emotions. The sort of emotion that takes volumes of the written word to convey and still wouldn't be enough. I could feel the artist speaking through all those colours. That is the best part about art if you just let yourself feel, and let the artist speak to your soul, the language is most magnificent.

Breaking my chain of thoughts, Felix spoke, "You're very passionate about your art which makes me wonder what else you're passionate about."

I don't know what exactly he meant, but the intensity in those hazel orbs was an indication enough.

At that moment, the waiter came to take our order. We spent the rest of the evening. We talked, flirted, laughed. The ride back home was filled with the sound of our laughs and friendly banter instead of the silence.

Gazing at his face as he drove us back, all I could think of was that this is enough. I wished for nothing more than for our budding friendship to grow further.

A/N

They went on a date! The dynamics of their relationship are slowly changing. I know Felix is bit of an idiot lol but the man's trying to fix things now :) Do let me know if you enjoy the story so far in the comments. If you want to read ahead, you can go to Booknet, I have provided the link in the bio. We are five chapters ahead on Booknet.

I'll see you guys next week! Stay safe, cuties!

xoxo

Tanya