Footsteps

Tears began streaming down my face the more I thought about what Tord told me. The thought of Edd and Matt's scared and confused faces, watching their friend fly off in a giant machine. My back against his office door, I didn't have the heart to walk away just yet.

His plan was so stupid. So fucking stupid. There's no way no one would notice a giant piece of metal flying around in the sky. Tord would probably get killed if he pulled it through, and in all honesty, part of me kinda liked that idea in that moment. No more Tord meant no more stress or disappointment.

I thought he was better than that. Then he turns a 180 and becomes some kind of backstabbing jackass who didn't even care about his own friends.

Friends seen as family. The ones who took him in when he moved to England. Friends who had always been by his side, who laughed and cried with him, cared for him, accepted him in his lowest points. They shed tears when he left. Edd and Matt didn't seem the same.

If they saw Tord's face again, they'd instantly light up with joy, decorate the house, beg him to stay over and cook a nice meal. And instead, Tord would show them a threatening smirk, leave them hanging with questions never to be answered by the same man they thought was their friend.

Footsteps heard from inside Tord's office, I pushed myself from his door and began speedily walking away. The faint sound of Tord's door opening filled my ears, my name being called full of guilt, though I didn't care to hear it.

His footsteps thankfully didn't reach my ears, meaning he was either too far away, or he wasn't coming after me. Though, my name still rang through the halls, each time getting quieter as Tord called for me. It was clear by his voice that he was worried, probably scared that I'd leave the army and stop his only source of pleasure when he didn't want to jack off.

That's all I was to him, anyway. If I was nothing more than a toy, why couldn't I have pieced together sooner that he saw Edd and Matt as simple obstacles in his way of achieving his goal. He didn't care if he hurt them, as long as he got his stupid robot he'd think he won. It just didn't make sense to me.

As my thoughts traveled, I didn't notice my footsteps picking up even faster, to the point where I was running through the corridors. Running away from that monster, the traitor I'd grown to expect better from. His voice calling my name still rung in my ears, his sharp glare pierced into my mind. I just wanted to get away from him, as far away as possible. Anything was better than being with him. Anyone was better to be with than him. Even the small part of me which usually wanted a hug from that man didn't even trust him anymore.

Why give him my all when he'd trade it for a stab at the world?

Racing down the halls, my tears blurred my vision, people I'd probably seen before looking like blobs surrounded by light. A few shouts from familiar voices, a few objections when I'd run against someone, though my feet never slowed down. I found myself running through the entire base, passing every room I'd been in before.

The cafeteria was full of soldiers, Paul and Patryk were more than likely in there, too. I just didn't want to be around anyone, no one who even wore the colour red. The name 'Red Leader' rung around me as more soldiers turned to watch the strange person running through the base while crying. Tord's secretary.

The person commanding everyone else in the base.

People still went out of my way as I continued, eventually leading me outside, the sun hitting my face at a blinding angle. A blob stood a few meters away from me, though it didn't move. I ran past it, letting out a surprised yelp when it grabbed me from around the waist, pulling me close to its body. I struggled against the arms of whoever was holding me, commanding them to let me go, though their familiar voice got me to instantly stop struggling.