(37) the nursing home

AMELIA ELAYNE MOORE

Another morning, another attempt to peel myself away from Harry. He liked my house, or more so apartment, better than his home so he made the executive decision he would be staying her until he had to leave for tour or promo. I never asked when he would have to, mostly because I didn't want to know the answer or else I'd be anticipating it and worrying myself for no reason.

So, I chose to spend as much time with him as I could. Besides for today - today's a girls day with Megan, Mary, and Mia until the bar opens, and I finally get to go back to work.

I haven't written back to Dave, or even looked at the letter again. There's too many questions to factor in at the moment. Is he looking for a reply? What do I even say as a reply? What do I do? I've decided that I don't want to think about that right now, and I might just push it off until Harry leaves even though that's sort of rude of me. But, I can't help the want to not answer.

"Always lookin' so pretty, my love." Harry hummed as he slipped the pearl necklace around my neck.

I turned around and kissed his lips momentarily, inhaling as I did so as to not forget how it was. "What are you doing today, baby?"

"M'gonna call my mum, speak with my sister and Robin as well." He replied, a sad smile at mention of Robin adorned his features showcasing how his sickness was affecting him.

I rubbed my thumb over his cheekbone softly, "It'll be okay, Harry. You'll tell them I said hello, right? I miss 'em."

"I will." He kissed me once more, "Now get going before Megan kills me for having you for too long." I slipped my red heart sunglasses over my eyes, opting to give him one last kiss before leaving the room.

Megan and Mia were speaking in the bars main room when I made my way down, but it wasn't a secret conversation - more so just a minuscule one. So, when they noticed me, it stopped and they smiled. Megan grabbed her keys, insisting we all take her car so it's easier and we did. There's no arguing with Megan, so I took the passenger seat and Mia sat in the middle of the back.

"So," I began, "whats going on in your love life, Megs? Mia's spoken about Matthew, you've all seen Harry and I.. so who's your lucky man?"

Megan rolled her eyes, "Do I have to have a man?"

"Nope," I raised my hands in mock surrender, "but I have a feeling you have someone in your life."

"You're right," she admitted begrudgingly, knowing me and knowing I wouldn't give up until she fessed up, "her name is Cora. Cora Conway."

"Oo, a girl. That's cute, I want to meet her sometime." I commented, Mia agreeing with me as well.

Megan dove into conversation about Cora, going on about how they met in a coffee shop and how calm Cora makes her - which is something that she isn't very often. Mia spoke about Matthew next, telling about how their moving slow just as Harry and I did, and how shes excited for what's to come. She thinks he's the one, which I find to be very cute.

"And Harry?" Megan questioned, "How are things with you two? You both seem to be in the honeymoon phase."

"Honeymoon phase." I laughed, "Yeah, I guess you could call it that if you wish to. We're doing good.. as far as I know. He's very loving to me, much different than any of my other boyfriends in my opinion."

"I like him better than your others." Megan commented.

Mia cut in, "What about when he goes to tour? That's coming up soon, isn't it?"

"Yeah," I nodded, "I believe we'll stay together, hopefully, I want to visit him while he's gone and stuff. That'll be fun, no?"

"Should be. But, Cherry, you have to remember that he's a famous celebrity - you're already out in the media, girls show up to Canyon Moon but can't get in 'cause of their age, and he's busy half the time. He won't have time for you, if I'm being honest." Mia concluded, causing a deep frown to go on my face.

I pushed my sunglasses up to suffice as a sort of headband to my brunette curls, "Do you not have faith in us?" I turn slightly in my seat to face Mia more head-on, while Megan tenses a bit - obviously already knowing the answer.

"Let's just talk to Mary, yeah? Get her advice, not mine." Mia replied simply, not wanting to lie to me but not wanting a fight either. I was thankful for her calm response.

I nodded, and Megan softened her stance as she pulled into the nursing home's parking lot. It felt weird being here since the last time I'd been was with Harry and I just didn't enjoy the nursing home in general. Some women gave us dirty looks, while others gave us genuine smiles on the way to Marys room and the second we saw it, we entered eagerly.

Mary engulfed me in a tight hug, "I've missed your sweet face, sunflower." The use of Eddies nickname for me was only really used by her after his death, I don't think she ever wants me to forget it though I don't think I could.

She continued on with her hello's for Megan and Mia, asking us all about Canyon Moon and Megan about her own job before sensing the tension in the room. Her eyes immediately flickered between Mia and I, knowing that if Megan and I were fighting it'd be more obvious.

"What's going on?"

"I think Harry and Amelia are moving too fast." Mia blurted out, her cheeks tinted red from embarrassment. I frowned in response to it as Mary nodded slowly.

"Ah, okay. I could see something was wrong... well, Mia, from what you've told me - Matthew and you have moved at the same pace, probably faster."

Mia's face contorted into a frown as well, silence looming over us for a moment as she took in the world. "I guess you're right.. I don't know why I am thinking that way." She turned to face me, "I just don't want you to get hurt, especially after the whole Dave incident."

"Harry is not Dave - trust me." I reassured her, a soft smile replacing my frown which showed her I really wasn't angry with her at all.

Mary butted in, "I can see Harry has strong feelings for Amelia, so there is no need for anyone to worry. I see what Eddie and I had with you two.. though Harry is holding back."

Megan's eyes lit up, "And I thought I was the only one to notice that!"

How many times am I going to frown during this? "What's that supposed to mean? What do you mean Harry's holding back? I'm the one who wanting to take things slow."

"Yes," Mary nodded, "you are the one who wanted to take things slow, but that doesn't mean Harry still can't hold back. He's afraid of something - just speak to him and it'll all be fine."

She continues, "I believe in your relationship with him, sunflower. Eddie would approve, just follow your heart - don't listen to anybody else on what you should do besides yourself."