(15) not just another relationship

AMELIA ELAYNE MOORE

Harry strolled into the bar about thirty minutes before opening time, a bouquet of red roses as he did so. He had a small smile on his face which grew when he saw me standing next to the bar. I took in his formal outfit, a black button-up long sleeve that he had rolled the sleeves up to his elbows. His legs were clad in simple white slacks that flowed out towards the bottom with a pair of black Chelsea boots underneath. He had more rings on than usual, showcasing to me that he was planning on going somewhere.

I crossed my arms over my chest and cocked my eyebrow, "Fancy seeing you here, Bubs."

He extended the roses to me, "They're your favorite color, I didn't know if you liked roses but it was the only flower I could think of that was red."

I smiled softly, "Well, thank you. I like them a lot. "

"They're to say I'm sorry." He explained, though I did not ask him to, I'm guessing he felt prompted to. "They're also to ask you to come to dinner with me tonight."

When I quirked my eyebrow at his invitation, he quickly spoke again, "Not like a date, seeing that yesterday's didn't go well, I want to properly plan one of those. The dinner is at one of my friends houses, it's just a couple of us."

"I'll go." I nodded, "As your friend, of course."

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, seeming to completely forget the whole moving slowly thing, "What? How am I supposed to introduce you to people then?"

"With my name." I shrugged, "I don't know why you're finding it so weird that I'm not letting you call me your girlfriend. I'm not your girlfriend."

"Would you explain this all to me, Amelia?" He sighed, "If I'm being honest, I'm a bit confused. I like you, you like me I hope, so why can't it all just be normal? Why does this all have to be so slow?"

"Harry, you're releasing an album soon, correct?" He nodded, "Well, if I'm thinking correctly, releasing an album ends in a lot of press release and going from different countries and such. Then, after an album comes a tour. Have any of your relationships lasted through all that?"

Harry thought for a moment before slowly shaking his head, "No, they haven't. I don't understand how that connects to us."

"Harry, all of your other relationships moved extremely fast and couldn't last through all of that. I am not going to be just another relationship, I only date if I think it'll last in the long run. For this to last in the long run, it needs to be different from your other relationships. I'm not saying that I can't be your girlfriend soon, but right now, I can't be. We may know more than others about each other, but there's always more to learn. Always more to fall for." I explained as I placed the flowers into a vase with water.

His silence returned for a moment, the only sound being the flowers getting placed into the water. He knew I was right, but it was still a hard idea for him to succumb to. But, I stand by it. I do not date just to date, I don't know why I don't. I've been this way my whole life, the other girls throughout school hated that about me because for some reason all the other guys found it insanely attractive. They'd make it a race to see who could get me to date them first, none of them ever won. Eddie's best guess to it all was that I wanted a love like him and Mary's, or a love like my parents even if I never got to experience it firsthand.

I think he may just be right.

"Okay. I'm sorry I'm trying to move so fast. And I ruined our date today." He finally spoke after I had turned around to face him.

I approached him slowly, taking his hands into my own with a soft smile as his green eyes met my blue ones, "I'm not angry, Bubs. I never was."

"I know you weren't." He laughed lightly, "I don't think you could ever get angry, its a bit scary to be honest."

Mia made her presence known, scaring and embarrassing Harry and I at the same time, "I'll watch the bar, you go to dinner."

I shook my head almost immediately while Harry smiled at her kind actions, "No, Mi, I couldn't let you do that."

"You're letting me live with you for free, Ames." Mia insisted, "Let me do this one thing for you, alright?"

I sighed, "Alright."

Harry smiled brightly at my choice and since I was already wearing an outfit that resembled the niceness of his, I was lead out the door. We both said our goodbyes to Mia and to Matthew who had mysteriously came out of Mia's room. Not hard to imagine what was happening there. The same car I had been so used to seeing was parked outside and just as he did every time, Harry opened the door for me before making his way to his side.

The car ride was spent in comfortable silence, something I knew Harry didn't enjoy much but I did. Knowing this, he stayed silent for me and let the only sound be the world outside and the tapping of his fingertips against the steering wheel.

Though it was a bit creepy, I kept my eyes on him for the drive. Harry truly was pretty, and I found myself more attracted to him then I had been the first night we met. He was easy to read, it wasn't hard for me to see exactly what he was thinking, especially after all I knew about him. His brunette curls began to get more unruly as the date to his album release drew closer, all I wanted was to run my fingers through them and fix them for him. There was a part of his lip a bit pinker than the rest where I often caught him pinching his fingers, I don't know why he did that.

Each time he drove, his face was hard as if he was concentrating on the most important thing in the world. His eyelashes were closer together as his eyes squinted slightly, hiding a bit of the green eyes I loved to see. They always showcased something different, depending on what they were looking at. When he spoke to one of his friends, his eyes shined brightly with amusement as if any word that came out their mouths would make him burst out laughing right away.

His cheeks are a bit rosy from him feeling my stare. A man so confident turned shy just under my gaze. That's how I know this is real.

He parks the car and smiles softly at me, "Ready?"

"Always."