(22) a date do-over

AMELIA ELAYNE MOORE

The past week has been absolutely insane. Working the night shift at the bar then having to wake up by eight in the morning to take kids to school. Lucky for me, Josie came back today and very angrily took the kids off my hands.

"So he's become incompetent now that he loves you? I fucking knew that he would be after you the second I ran away from him." Josie shook her head in disgust, though I don't know if it was towards me or the situation.

Mia cut in, "Amelia denied him, she isn't the reason that he's not here. No one knows the reason for that, Miss Williams."

"I stopped being Miss Williams once I left him." Josie spat, "And I don't care what the reason behind his absence is. He won't be seeing these children anymore, and when he reaches out to you — which I know he will — you let him know that."

Josie did one more once-over of the bar, tutting her tongue against the back of her teeth. "This place looks nice."

"Thank you, Josie. I'm always here if you need." I smiled, though the bags under my eyes let her know that I really didn't have the time to be there, but I still would offer to be.

Josie frowns at my kindness, "You're still nice." Her observation throws me off a bit, I don't really know what I'm supposed to say to that.

Kaia runs towards me, grabbing onto one of my legs while Max lunges onto the other. "Bye Bye Ames."

"We'll miss you." Max murmurs.

I wish we had met under different circumstances.

Megan was livid to hear that Dave was just 'abandoning' his children, and that I was agreeing to help out with them. Once again, she told me that my niceness was unbearable, in the kindest way.

I really need someone to teach me how to be rude sometimes, I'm sure Megan would love to help me with that.

She's been staying at the bar the whole entire time it's open, just to make sure I'm safe, and still going to work just fine the next day. I really didn't want her to be losing sleep over it all, but she argued each time.

"If you're losing sleep, I'm losing sleep."

Harry wanted to do the same, but with his new album, he's been in and out of meetings like crazy. I'm pretty sure he even left the state once, but he's been talking to me as if he never left at all.

It's amazing to see how much he's working through this all with me, it's clear he wants this to last.

And, I think I do too. I think I'm ready to move a bit faster.

Harry's voice breaks me out of my thoughts, "You look pretty, love. Ready for a date do-over?"

I intertwine our hands with a smile, "You look good as well, baby. I'm ready when you are."

"Be safe. Use protection." Megan sends us a sly wink from where she sits at the bar with Mia and Matthew.

Matthew tries to look scary and buff, "Harry, you ruin another date with our dear Amelia and it'll be the last date you have."

"Don't worry, I won't." Harry stifles a small laugh from Matthews overprotectiveness.

I point my finger at them all, "Do not burn down my bar. Or else you all won't be babysitting my bar again."

Mia scoffs, "As if we'd ever burn down the bar."

I roll my eyes at her comment, knowing that in reality, she would end up burning down the bar. In some other reality though, Megan is too bossy to allow anything bad to happen.

Good thing she's here.

Harry and I say our final goodbyes, though I was a bit reluctant to leave the bar after all the time I'd spent there. My life had felt like a continuous loop and now, I was changing the loop a bit too much. Not that I was complaining, just felt a little weird.

"Where are we going?" I questioned as Harry bopped his head slightly to the music inside his car.

"Just a restaurant I like." He turns to look at me for a moment, a smile growing upon his face before he looks back to the road.

A small chuckle emits from his lips and he shakes his head subtly. Does this bitch know how hot he is? Or?

"What?" I eye him suspiciously, really hoping that he's not laughing at how bad my outfit may be.

He shrugs, "Nothing. You just amaze me."

I intertwine our hands once more at his words. He speaks with such sincerity and honesty, it's like I'm living in a damn fanfiction. This boy has my whole heart right now, and I'm not upset by it.

"Is that so?"

"Mhm." Harry nods, "Completely in awe of you."

A blush creeped onto my cheeks without my consent and I turned away from him as we pulled into a parking lot. There's paparazzi galore outside, letting me know that this place must be well-known. It's a bit scary to see them all, but Harry and I have already been out in the media.

I'm known as Harry's new girl, how fun.

"Are you ready?" I didn't even realize he had gotten out of his seat until his voice came from my open door.

I put up my finger as a 'one second' sort of thing before reaching into my purse. My fingers grasp the familiar red heart shaped sunglasses, the ones he'd first seen me in, and I slip them onto my face.

I smile widely, "Now, I'm ready."

Harry rolls his eyes at my playfulness and takes my hand in his own. He helps me out of the car before guiding us to the entrance. Sadly, there doesn't look to be another entrance we can use so we have to go through the front.

Through all the cameras.

He squeezes my hand tightly and pulls me more towards him, trying to shield me from everyone else that's there. They're all yelling out questions, squeezing a bit too close to us but I guess that kind of is their job.

I don't really listen to the things they say; they're not important to me, but I can tell Harry's worried they are. His eyes rarely leave the side of my head, I'm surprised that he can even guide us into the place safely.

Once the doors close behind us, a content sigh leaves my lips and a smile forms quickly. I give his hand a squeeze to let him know I'm alright.

"I'm sorry about that, I hate you have to endure that with me. I should've went somewhere more-" He starts, but I quickly cut him off.

"I'll endure anything for you, Harry."