(36) the letter from hell

AMELIA ELAYNE MOORE

Harry insisted that I change into more comfortable clothes to read the letter, which I was grateful for since he was probably right. And was probably the only one I'd let me tell me what to do at a time like this. Megan chose to take my job for the night, though I didn't feel comfortable letting everyone take over my bar and being no help - I had no choice.

So, I showered and did my nightly routine as normal. Even Harry followed me as he usually did, repeating all my actions since it was so simple. He even let me put some of my curl products in his hair somedays though with the semi-recent cut, it didn't need any product in the first place.

Harry put on a Disney movie for us - Cinderella, my favorite, and set my pillows up against my headboard so we could sit with our backs to them comfortably. I was happy he wasn't walking on eggshells around me like everyone else was, and I think it's because he's had to sort of deal with me during a Dave situation before.

He dimmed the TV, as I leaned slightly into him on the bed. His hand was aimlessly rubbing circles onto my arm, "You can read it whenever you'd like, Cherry. Whether that be before or after the movie, or if it's not even tonight."

I shook my head, "No. I need to read it now, or else I'll be itching for it until then. It'll be alright," I muttered, "I hope."

"S'okay if I read over your shoulder?" Harry questioned cautiously, not wanting to intrude or be rude in anyway. I think he just knew it'd help me better if he knew what was said, and he was curious.

"That's fine."

I opened the letter slowly, carefully making sure not to rip it just in case but instead opting for the technical way to do it. There was a couple small notebook pages inside, though the letter didn't seem to be too drastically wrong. I opened each page as slow as I had the envelope, my nervousness growing and tears rolling silently down my cheeks.

'Dear Ames,' It read, 'I hope you know how terribly sorry I am for the way I treated you. What I did was absolutely wrong and disgusting, and I'm surprised you didn't press charges against me - I would've pressed charges against myself if I could. But, I guess that's just how you are, Amelia, and I believe that's why I fell in love with you.'

A tear rolled onto the page, and Harry took notice immediately - his lips finding their way to the top of my head and his hand rubbing my arm up and down.

'It's so silly of me to fall in love with someone like you. You're pure and you're innocent - a beautiful soul inside and out, I always knew that about you. Just as Eddie used to tell everyone, you are a sunflower. You're the happiness in this world, Amelia, even on your darkest day. Jenny reached out to me when I checked into this facility, telling me of how you took care of my kids even after what I did to you.'

'I took advantage of your kind soul, and all I can is hope that I haven't tainted you. That's the last thing I'd want to do. I hope you live a long and happy life without me and my schoolboy love on you. I think it's hard to not fall for you though, I'm sure that Harry boy has done it already just as I know Ethan did. You're beautiful inside and out, everyone in the town knows and sees it. Everyone you talk to is captivated by you, your kindness shown in the smallest manners yet you never gloat or boast about it. And you're a beauty on the outside, not one that's normally seen. Those gorgeous curls, and deep blue eyes that always seemed to brighten my night.'

'But, I shouldn't sit here and write about how beautiful you truly are or else I'd write you a novel. This is creepy of me, I know it is, and I know my children have probably told you that they've heard about you from me before. And that's creepy and wrong of me. I'm sorry for my past choices and ways, and I promise to stay out of your life forever. I'm sick - not physically but emotionally sick. I hope you still dance in the bar like no ones watching, still see sunflowers whenever you'd like, still wear those sunglasses and pearls you love, and still treat everyone around you with kindness.'

'I'll miss your bright soul, but I'm going to get better. For my children. With love, Davie.'

"Holy fuck." Harry breathes out, feeling astounded by Dave's words just as I was. I place the letter on the side table next to my bed and climb on top of Harry, wrapping my arms around his neck and simply laying there. Letting all my emotions flow out of my body.

He rubbed my back soothingly, "S'alright, my love. Let it all out, then you can tell me about how you rejected Ethan." He mused, "I have a feeling he made a move, I just do."

I giggled into his neck, sniffling my nose as I brought my face up to look at him. "How do you know I rejected him?"

Harry gasped, feigning hurt over my words. "Amelia Moore, you better hope you're joking right now."

I shrugged, "I don't know, Harry Styles. Maybe I fell into old habits."

"Amelia," he whined childishly, "tell me the truth. Please."

"Okay, maybe I did reject him a little bit." I admitted, laughing softly as he began to make fake cheers shaking both of our bodies with the moves he was making.

"My Cherry." He affectionately spoke, peppering my face with kisses.

I'm convinced this is his favorite thing to do; he does it so damn often. I'm also convinced that Cherry is the only name he'll ever call me - he includes it in almost every single sentence when he speaks to me, and I'm sure he does the same when he's speaking about me. He's absolutely amazing, inside and out and I don't think I could've gotten through this all without him.

"Thank you, Harry." My voice was soft as I sifted through his curls with my fingers, my rings surprisingly not getting caught.

He pecked my nose, "You know I'd do it all again for you. You're a special one to me, Amelia Moore." The use of my full name wasn't in a mocking manner, but instead in an adoring one.

Harry Styles was affectionate and loving to me. He was a bit clingy, but not in the sort of way where I wished he would stop spending time with me for once or got annoyed by his presence. I enjoyed the way he perfectly fit into my life, and our two worlds became one - as cliche and cheesy as it is.

But, Harry loves romcoms so he got his cheesy love, if this is love.