(23) right now

HARRY EDWARD STYLES

I don't think I will ever be able to take my eyes off of her. My heart is racing rapidly just sitting across from her, and I don't know why. Maybe it's from not seeing her as much as before to sitting across from her and just talking like this, I don't know.

It's scary how easy it is between us, the way we both don't feel as though we need to hide anything from the other. Maybe taking things slow was the way to go, though I'm not sure this can really last long.

"I've been listening to Sign of the Times over and over." Amelia smiled, "Can't get it out of my head."

A blush creeps to my cheeks, "Oh, really?"

She nodded, "You really outdid yourself, baby. I'm proud of you, I really am. You've come so far." She rubs her thumb over my knuckles atop the table before returning to the spaghetti she ordered.

I smile, "Thank you, Muppet. I can't wait for you to hear the whole album, I wish I could show you early but I want to show you another time."

"When's that?" Amelia cocked her head to the side inquisitively.

"I was hoping you could come down to London with me." Her eyes widened at my words, "Nick Grimshaw is doing a listening party with me on the day of the release, I want you to be there. You'll have a pair of headphones where you can listen, but nobody will know you're there. Plus, my family wants to meet you."

"Your family?" Amelia speaks in disbelief, her blue eyes showcasing a bit of fear at my words.

This time I'm the one rubbing my thumb over her knuckles, "I've spoken about you, so they'd like to meet you. It's really not a big deal, you don't even have to go. I know you want to take things slow-"

"I actually don't." She cut in.

I remove my hand and sit up a bit straighter, "What?"

Amelia scratched the back of her head nervously, "Well, I don't know how you feel but I feel like I really do like you. I think that we could go places with this, even while you're on tour and this could really be something good. I don't know. Maybe I'm just being stu-"

I cut her off quickly, "I'd really like that, Amelia. I would."

Her smiles grows, "Um, alright. Sounds good then. So, what are we?"

I shrug in response, "As I said before, whatever you want to be. Personally, I'd love to call Amelia Moore my girlfriend."

Amelia chuckles, "And I'd love to call Harry Styles my boyfriend."

I was a bit worried that those words would make the dinner awkward, but it was anything but. She dove into easy conversation, telling me stories about Megan and Mia, even including Mary and Eddie.

I was happy to hear about her grandparents, I felt a sort of bond to them even after only seeing them once. But, it also does feel like a piece of them still lives inside Canyon Moon and I love it there. Amelia even invited me to visit Mary with her the next day, which is something I know she doesn't do with most people.

"I looked at your tour dates." Amelia didn't allow me a reply before she spoke more, "I was thinking. Sarah and I spoke a bit the other day, and she said you had the idea of wearing suits. I have a wonderful outfit idea for you."