(16) baby

NO PERSPECTIVE

The house was lively as Harry and Amelia entered, familiar people coming into view. It felt a bit weird for Amelia to come face to face with three more of the boys from that night six years ago. It definitely wasn't the same feeling she had gotten when she first saw Harry, but it was a nostalgic feeling nonetheless.

"Ah, fancy seeing you again! Amelia, right?" Niall greeted as Harry led her into the living room. "I didn't realize you two would be dating, weird to see after so long."

Amelia shook her head as Harry tensed a bit beside her, "Just friends, we'll see where the time takes us."

Louis smiled, breaking the awkward tension the question had created, "Oh, well, Amelia it is nice to see you again. Don't think I'll ever forget your bar that night." He pointed to the girl on his arm, "This is my girlfriend, Eleanor."

"It's nice to meet you, Eleanor. And it's nice to see you all again as well."

Eleanor grabbed Amelia's hand, beginning to drag her away from the boys, "I want all the gossip."

Amelia simply laughs at Eleanor's words, allowing her to lead her away from the boys. It was obvious that it was her plan from the start; no matter who Amelia was as a person or who she was to Harry.

Harry sighed in a happy content as he watched Amelia converse with Eleanor, only a few feet away from the boys so they listened a bit as well. Eleanor asked of simple things; Canyon Moon, Harry, and her life back home.

Harry was actually intrigued when Amelia spoke of her family. He'd heard of Eddie and Mary before, even her father and mother, but listening to Amelia speak of them was something special to listen to. She was passionate about them when she spoke, and made you feel as though you knew them yourself.

The only downside of their whole conversation was that Eleanor and Amelia had gotten themselves very drunk during it all.

Once their words became more slurred, and basically all gibberish, the boys dove into conversation about what they've been doing lately. It'd honestly been a while since they spoke, but with Harry being in Canyon Moon, it made him miss them. And even though one band member didn't show, the boys didn't allow it to affect the conversation.

Niall spoke of releasing his first solo album, Liam and Harry speaking of the same. Louis talked about Freddie and rekindling his relationship with Eleanor, which made all the boys happy for him. Even though it was hard, they found a life with out each other — something they weren't sure was possible after all they'd been through.

Louis laughed as the two girls began to play music, drunkenly dancing to it while the boys sat around a counter, "So, Harry, what made you go back to Canyon Moon? I didn't hear ya speak about her much after that night."

Harry shrugged, "Not too sure to be honest. I mean, I couldn't really forget that night-"

"That was a fun night, treated us like family." Niall cut in, his words a bit slurred but a goofy smile across his face.

Harry continued, "When I finally had some free time, it seemed perfect to visit her. Now, we're moving with the flow. She wants to take things slow, so we're just friends."

Liam laughed, "Harry Styles? Taking things slow?"

"Thought I'd never see the day." Louis mused.

Harry scoffed, "I can take things slow!"

"In your dreams, H." Liam continued.

"This is good for you, Harry." Niall didn't continue the teasing and instead laced his voice in sentiment, "You're always getting your heart broken with these fast-paced relationships, taking things slow will really help ya."

"Aw, look at little sweet Neil." Louis teased a bit drunkenly. Niall's face began to glow with laughter instead of anger, his booming laugh masking the sound of Girl Crush playing through the speakers.

Amelia's sweet, and drunken, voice filled Harry's ears, "Baby!" Harry locked his green eyes with her blue ones, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion at the pet name, unsure if it was meant for him or not.

Amelia offered a nod, signifying that she was talking to him before repeating herself, "Baby!" She extended her arms, making grabby hands at him while the boys gently laughed at Harry's soft and surprised expression.

Liam slapped Harry's back lightly, "Go on, mate. You're baby."

Harry nodded slowly, hopping off his seat and heading towards Amelia. Her crooked smile was spread widely across her face, her eyelids dropping a bit with drunkenness. For a girl that owns a bar, she didn't seem to take her alcohol well. Harry was surprised this was the first he'd seen her drunk.

Her small, soft hands grasped onto his eagerly, moving one to her hip while her hand in the other as they swayed to the music. Her eyes locked with his from the second she first said 'baby' and they never moved.

Amelia spoke slowly, almost as slow as Harry usually did, "You know, this is my favorite song."

He cocked his head to the side, "Really? Girl Crush?" Amelia laughed lightly at his reaction, not that surprised.

She nodded shyly, "Yeah, why's that weird to you?"

"You're so happy." Harry's eyes went down to her wide smile for a moment before returning to his eyes, "This song isn't the happiest — it's beautiful, don't get me wrong, it's just a little on the sadder side. Didn't think that would be your favorite."

"I don't really know why I like it so much." Amelia was silent for a moment, just swaying with Harry to the song until it ended. "I think it's the message behind it all."

Harry quirked his eyebrow as hers furrowed in deep thought, "What's the message to you, Muppet?"

"It's more so what I think about the image." Amelia's eyes left Harry's and went to the cross on his neck, "The song is about a person who is in love with someone who has another girlfriend. The person is jealous of the person who gets to date the one they love, so they wish they could be them. I've felt that before, and it fucking sucks-"

Harry cut in with confusion, "Wait, you've felt that way? Is that why you insist we take things slow?"

Amelia shook her head, "No, taking things slow is the way to build a relationship, baby. I'm all yours right now, we're just not together just yet." Her eyes returned to his, a glint of reassurance in her eyes.

Harry nodded with a soft smile at the name used once again, and her kind words, "Oh, okay. Keep going with the Girl Crush meaning, please. Any more sweet words will kill me."

"You're like a teenage girl." Amelia mused, "But, basically, I just think that Girl Crush really helps those who are going through that. I think it's a way to help them get over it, it's showing that they're not the only ones who go through it. I don't think that makes sense, but I understand it. That's all that matters."

"Your mind is my favorite thing about you, Muppet."

Louis scoffed behind them, interrupting their sweet moment, "Really, Harry? That's your compliment?"

"Step it up, mate. She just told you that she's all yours and you compliment her mind? You're crazy." Niall joked, extending his hand out to Amelia. "Come dance with me while Harry thinks about his issues."

Amelia laughed loudly and let go of Harry, much to his own dismay, "Oh, Niall. I thought you'd never ask."