MMPR- Tommy Oliver

  "Hey, Ernie, can we get a couple of smoothies?" Rocky said sitting on to the stool giving Ernie a smile. "Give me a second guys. Just need to check on something." Ernie called from the back. When Ernie appeared, Rocky had been joined by Tommy, Adam and Billy. The four guys stood there giving Ernie a concerned look "Ernie everything okay?" Tommy said as he watched Ernie walk toward the counter. "Well my niece is supposed to come visit me for a couple of days to check out an art school." Ernie said laying his towel on the counter "Oh that's great" Kimberly said sitting down at the counter. "Yeah her mom wants her to come to art school here in Angel Grove so that she will have someone she knows living close." As they chatted the phone rang "Guys be right back" Ernie said then made his way to the back to answer the phone. When Ernie returned, he had a big grin on his face. "Good news?" Aisha said sitting beside Kimberly smiling at Ernie. "Yes, actually it was" Ernie said giving everyone a huge smile "Well..." Aisha said hoping that he would tell her. "My niece Laurie will be here tomorrow. That was her on the phone to let me know her flight arrangements." Ernie smiled. As the day past Ernie made sure everything at the Youth Center was in the best order possible. It was a little nervous about Laurie coming to visit because she was a very shy person, and, it shocked him that she decides to come visit to look at the art school.

"As anyone seen Ernie?" Rocky said sitting down at the table. "He is still at the airport. His niece's flight is late." Kimberly said laying her head on the table. As the time past everyone started getting worried about Ernie and his niece. "Hey guys" Ernie said walking in carrying a case. "Hey where is your niece?" Kimberly said smiling Ernie looked behind him "She was right behind me." Ernie turned around walked around the corner "Come on Laurie. They will not bit they are very nice people." Ernie returned with his arm around a young lady's shoulder. "Guys this is my niece Laurie. She will be visiting me for a couple of days to see if she would like to attend the Art school here in Angel Grove." Ernie said with a big smile on his face. He introduces everyone to her. Laurie gave them each a little smile "Uncle Ernie may I work on my drawing that I will submit to the art school?" Laurie said in a small voice. "Sure, it's okay" Ernie said pointing to a table where she could work. Ernie watched as Laurie made her way to a table that was off in the corner of the building. He gave a worried look then started to work. Tommy looked over at Laurie "Guys I will be right back" Tommy said making his way to Laurie table.

**Laurie**

I wish Momma would have allowed me to stay at my school at home. I rather stay at home drawing, but she insisted that I come because she said it would do me some good to change my surroundings. "Hello" I heard a voice say I turned around to see a young man with long brown hair that was in a ponytail smiling at me. "Hello" I said then turn back to my sketch book. "My name is Tommy. May I join you?" the young man said giving me a smile. "I guess so" I said moving my pencil bag over to give him some room on the table. We sat there in silence he watched me as I worked on my artwork. As I work Tommy talked to me about Angel Grove about the different things there was to do here, about the local high school and even the activities that goes on here at the youth center. "When will you meet with the admission director at the art school" Tommy said I looked at him thinking "Well actually I meet with her tomorrow." I said placing my pencil down giving him a smile. We started talking about other things beside my upcoming meeting. I enjoyed talking with him before I knew it his friends had made it over to our table and joined in the conversations. Over the next couple of hours, I enjoyed talking with them they did not make me feel like I was weird person.

Over the next couple of days, I met with the admissions director, toured the school, and spent time with Tommy and the others. I worked on my admission artwork as much as I could, but I kept on redrawing a lot of it. "Laurie your drawing looks amazing." Aisha said giving me a smile "I don't know" I said looking at my drawing. Everyone else loved the way it looked, but to me there was something missing or not right about it. I had been working for the last couple of days trying to finish before I left to returned home, but to be honest I rather stay here with Uncle Ernie. "I need to get some air" I said standing up then made my way outside. Aisha offered to walk with me, but I told her that it was alright. I just needed time to think and well rethink my admission's artwork. I made my way through the park looking around for something that would inspire me. I made my way through the park till I made it to a small pond where I noticed Tommy was there. I watched each of his movements that he did it seemed like everything was just so fluid as he moved. I just stood there watching him till I saw Kimberly walk up to him. I knew that I had no chance with Tommy because I knew that he like Kimberly, and well who would want someone like me when they could have someone as Kimberly. I decided it was time for me to return to the Youth Center because I think I had something I wanted to add to my artwork.

I finished my artwork in time to make it to the art school before I was supposed to be at the airport. "Please call me when you get home" Uncle Ernie said giving me a hug. "I promise" I said then gave him a hug "I just wish I were able to see your admission artwork before you submitted it to the school" he said handing me a small bag. "I am sorry I was unable to show you." I said then walked toward the door. When I reached the door, I ran into someone I did not think I would get to see before I left. "Laurie" Tommy said giving me a smile then wrapped his arms around me hugging me tight. I gave him a smile "May I take you to the airport?" Tommy said giving me a smile. I just looked up at him in surprise "Sure, but I have a car right outside to take me to the airport." I said then picked up my bag then start to make my way out of the door, but I felt someone grab my hand. I look back to see Tommy giving me a worried look. "Please Laurie I just want to make sure that you make it to the airport. I am worried about you going to the airport alone, plus I owe it to your Uncle to make sure you make it there safely." I looked back at my Uncle I know he worries about me then I looked at Tommy. "ok" I said watched as a smile appeared on his face.

** Four months**

"Hey Ernie, anything from Laurie?" Aisha said walking up to the counter. "Well that is one thing I want to tell you guys." Ernie said walking around to the front of the counter. "Well?" Aisha said giving him a puzzled look. "Well I need to wait till the others come because she does not want me to tell the news till the others came" Ernie smiled when he saw Rocky, Adam, and Billy walk up "Hey guys" Rocky said sitting down at the counter. Before they knew it, Kimberly and Tommy walked in smiling. "Well now that everyone is here, I guess I can let everyone know the news" Ernie said laying his towel on the counter. "What's that?" Tommy said smiling "Well" Ernie said then looked over at the door then pointed. Everyone looked to see what he was pointing at. "Laurie?" Everyone said then ran over to her.

*Laurie*

We stopped outside the room I stood there scared to open the door. "Hey its okay. I am sure they will love it." Kimberly said smiling at me. I opened the doors allowed everyone to walk inside. I stood there listening to the as they saw the painting. I turned around making my way outside I knew they liked my artwork, but I just was scared to face Tommy. My mom told me that she knew that I made friends while I was in Angel Grove without me telling her. I thought that Uncle Ernie had called her, but she told me she saw the glow. I walked over to the spot where I first saw Tommy exercising. "Laurie your drawing is amazing" Tommy said sitting beside me placing his hand on my arm. When I felt his touch, I nearly cleared the spot I was sitting. "Tommy? You scared me" I said placing my hand on my chest trying to calm my fast beating heart. "I am sorry I didn't mean to scare you, but I just wanted to tell you how amazing it is" He gave me a smile I could not help but smile back at him. We sat there for awhile talking about different things. I watched as he began to stand up brushing his pants off. "There is something that I wanted to ask you." Tommy said then offered me his hand smiling at me. I took his hand offering his assistance getting back on my feet. I don't know why I did it, but I just blurted out "I have had a huge crush on you since I first met you. I would understand if you do not feel the same about me. I mean you are probably with Kim..." I was unable to finish my sentence his lips were on mine. As he moved away, he touched my cheek smiling at me I pulled him back to me kissing him deeply. I felt his arms wrap around my waist pulling me close to him. I smiled slipping his neck my finger running through his hair as the kiss continued. "Laurie, I think you are beautiful. I have wanted to tell you that I liked you. Ernie could tell I had feelings for you he asked that I take it slow with you" Tommy's fingers ran down my cheek then kissed me again. "I was accepted at the Art school" I said smiling up at him. Tommy's smile was so bright he picked me up spinning me around making me giggle. "will you have dinner with me?" Tommy said placing me on my feet. I nodded then kissed him softly. "Come on let's go tell the other's the good news" Tommy took my hand leading back to where the others were.