SPD (Space Patrol Delta)--Sky

            "Sweetie everything will be alright" Papa said taking the box out of my hands placing it in the truck. "I guess" I said crossing my arms. In reality I knew this was the best move for my Papa, but I really didn't want to move. I am moving to a new city all because Papa got this new teaching job at SPD academy. "Honey did you get everything from the house?" Momma said walking down the stairs adjusting the blanket that was wrapped around Benjamin. "Sweetie can you put your brother in his car seat?" I smiled at her then walked over to her taking my little brother in my arms. "Come on Ben lets go get in the car" I said bouncing him a little as he started to fuss. My brother was only a couple of weeks old, and since he was born my life had really changed. I have been the only child for 18 years, and reality I was happy not to be the center of my parent's world any longer. I started to sing to him to help calm him down. "Its ok little one I will be right beside you the whole way." I said smiling at him while I buckled him up in his car seat.

When we pulled up at our new house, I noticed a group of people standing in front of the house. A few of them were helping the movers with some of our furniture and boxes. "Well I can't believe it." Momma said smiling at Papa "That old dog I can't believe he would come meet us." Papa said smiling back at Momma. "What is it Papa?" I said trying to look "An old friend has come to welcome us back" Papa said parking the car. "Welcome to your new home Captain" I hear a voice call out. "Thank you, Commander," Papa said saluting someone "Ashlynn come meet my old friend" Papa called out. "Go on sweetie I will get your brother." Momma said opening my door. I walked up to see Papa talking to a giant dog like person and beside him were four people, which I took to be cadets. "Gram that can not be Ashlynn" I heard a lady say. "it is Kat" Papa said placing his hand on my shoulders "She has grown up" Kat said giving me a smile "Hello Ashlynn. I am Kat Manx." She offered me her hand "Hello Ms. Manx" I said smiling at her. "Sweetie you can call me Kat." She said smiling then gave me a hug. "Gram where is Adison and the new baby?" Kat said smiling at Papa. "We are right here" Momma said walking up cuddling Ben in his blanket "Oh goodness" Kat said walking up to Momma. Momma had to biggest smile on her face as she showed off Benjamin. I stood there watching them fuss over my little brother. "Hello, my name is Sky" I heard a voice say I looked to see a guy in blue offering me his hand "Hi I am Ashlynn" I said smiling at him then tucked some hair behind my ear. He gave me a smile then place his hands behind his back "Hi I am Jack" a man in red said offering me his hand "Hi I am Z" a young lady in yellow "I am Bridge and this is Sydney" a guy in green said then point to a young lady in pink "Everyone calls me Syd" Sydney said giving me a smile. "It's nice to meet you all" I said smiling biting my lip, which I tended to do when I was nervous. I looked over at my parents as they talked to old friends. I have never seen them so happy before. I guess being away as long as they have been really taking a toll on them. "Your dad was a student here at the academy?" Syd said smiling at me "Well for as I know he was a student then became a teacher. That is the reason we moved back, because he will be teaching a class at the academy." We chatted for a while they asked me questions about the places we have lived at since Papa left the academy. I noticed that Sky would on occasion glance at me, well I am not going to lie I checked him out too. "Cadets" Chief Cruger called out "Yes sir" they all said standing at attention "My dear friend will be as of tomorrow you commander and instructor" Cruger said placing his hands behind his back as he walked toward him. "Ashlynn" he said looking at me "Yes Uncle Anubis" I said smiling at me and he returned the smile then placed his hand on my shoulder "Your father stated that you showed interest in attending the academy in the fall" I looked at him gave him a smile "Yes Sir I would like to follow in his footsteps, but I still have a couple of semesters left in school" I watched him as he turned around thinking "Doggie go ahead and tell her" I heard a sweet voice call out and looked to see my aunt Isinia walking up "Gram and Adison so nice to see you. Welcome home" she hugged Mama and Papa "He looks just like you Gram" I smiled then ran to her hugging her "Well this young lady can not be my God daughter" She said smiling at me then gave me a hug. "God Daughter?" I heard Sky and the other say in unison. "Cadets you didn't know that Ashlynn was my God Daughter?" Cruger said looking at them "No sir sorry" Nick said relaxing "I am sorry guys that in our fault." Momma said with a giggle "We have fallen behind with sending pictures to her God parents." Papa said with a smile "In fact Chief Cruger his wife and Kat are the god parents for not only Ashlyn, but now our son Benjamin." Papa smile at the three "Where is Boom?" Momma said looking at Kat. "He was here a moment ago" Kat said looking around then we heard a noise inside the house. "I think we found him" Jack said the walked inside the house. We followed him to find the source of the noise. Boom was trying to help unpack a couple of the boxes in the kitchen "Boom is that you?" Papa said with a smile "Gram?" Boom said sticking his head up over the boxes "Hi their old friend" Papa said helping him up "What were you doing?" Kat said making sure Boom was okay. "I was trying to help with the unpacking because I knew that Gram and Adison had a lot on their hands with the children." Boom said with a smile then looked at the box he landed on. I couldn't help but let out a giggle. Boom recognized my giggle then walked over and hugged me. "You have grown so much" he said looking at me "Gram where is the little girl, I used to baby sit?" Papa smiled "She grew up didn't she" Boom nodded "Boom we want to ask you something" Momma said walking over giving him a hug "Yes I will continue to baby sit; well can we change it to guidance other than babysitting?" Boom said with a smile. Momma and Papa laughed "Well we have added another child to family" Momma said showing him Benjamin who had fallen back asleep "We want you to be his god father." Papa said placing his hand on Boom Shoulder. I watched as a smile grew on his face "Yes" Momma handed him Benjamin which I could tell he fall in love with him.