Leonardo looks at me confused for some seconds, before nodding. "Yeah, next time I will. Now I'm leaving, one of the mansion chauffeurs is coming to pick you up in thirty minutes so you can go and get Jonah." With that he walks past me and doesn't say another word. He leaves the apartment and slams the door shut.

I flinch a little, but however I make breakfast for myself until the car arrives. After thirty five minutes, someone knocks on the door. I guess it must be the chauffeur. I get my bag and open the door. But instead of the chauffeur, in front of it stays Parker. I immediately try to shut the door in front of his face, but he's fast enough to prevent the door from closing. Through gritting teeth, I throw the door open and throw him a harsh look.

"What are you doing here?!" I almost yell.

"Amelia please, listen to me." He begs. But oh, I'm not buying the 'good boy' role.

"I'm waiting for someone, so leave. I don't have time for you."

"The chauffeur is not coming because I told him I was going to pick you up instead."

I exhale sharply, trying to collect my nerves. "Well too bad for the gas you spent for coming here because I'm not going anywhere with you!"

Parker sighs. "Amelia please, come with me. I swear I'll explain everything, then you can decide either you still want to be my friend or not."

I cross my arms over my chest, looking at him from the corner of my eye.

"Please?"

I frown. "Okay, let's go."

We leave the apartment and go towards Parker's car. We hop inside, and leave from there.

"So? Explain to me why did you do that?" I ask, impatient for an answer.

"Okay, I'll explain everything. Just don't cut me off, okay?"

I nod.

"Okay, so maybe you won't believe it, but I was into you since the first day I saw you in the apartment. You were looking so beautiful and cute, and I couldn't get my eyes off you. I felt attracted to you physically. I also did some things to signal you that I liked you, which I don't know if you noticed. I winked at you, I hugged you, I kissed your cheeks... Anyways I felt this feeling getting stronger and stronger as days passed by. I always wanted to find a justification to come in the apartment, just to see you. Also when we hung out some times I got to know you better personally, and beside the physical attraction, I was attracted to you spiritually. But I also noticed that you weren't giving me the same signs as me. I saw that you felt more attracted to Leonardo."

"Wait, what?" I cut him off.

"I said don't cut me off please. And yeah, the way that you looked at Leonardo, you never looked at me the same way. So I decided that I was going to do everything to make you like me. One time, Mr. Patrick called me and said to come over. I went and long story short, he said he was aware of my feelings toward you and asked me a favour... To make you fall in love with me and to keep you away from Leonardo because for him, the perfect girl for Leonardo is Jennifer. And I agreed. I tried my best and the night I kissed you... I thought something was going to change between us, but you still felt the same about me. And then the trip to L.A came up and, you know the story after you came back."

Parker exhales, signalling that it is the end of his explanation. I look at him, my lips pursued.

"So, are you going to say anything?" Parker asks.

"What can I say?"

"I don't know. But I just want you to know that I never lied to you about my feelings. I just agreed about that damn deal because I want you to like me too, why not love me. But with Leonardo on the way, I feel like I have no chance."

November | ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें