Chapter 77

After Taylor had taken me home, I forgot all about what had happened and went to bed.

THE NEXT DAY
11:31 AM

I woke up pretty late because of how late I slept last night. After doing everything I was supposed to, I went downstairs and saw Calum wearing nothing but socks, skinny jeans, and a beanie. I made a joke by turning my head away and blocking my eyes. I said, "Oh god! It's blinding me! Put a shirt on!" Calum started laughing. I laughed too. Then he said, "Why? Are you blinded by how muscular and ripped I am?" He made this face: 😏. I said to him, "That is far off." I sat down with him and we started to talk some more.

Nicole: I like your hat.

Calum: It's called a beanie. Girls wear it too sometimes. Here. (Puts beanie on Nicole).

Nicole: How's it look?

Calum: Wow, Nicole. You don't look half bad. Maybe I should get you your own beanie.

Nicole: That's okay. I can just steal yours.

Calum: Yeah, that's not gonna happen. What colour do you want?

Nicole: Pink.

Calum: (laughs) Okay. I can go to the store and get it now. Wanna come?

Nicole: Sure!

20 minutes later, we came back and I had 7 beanies that were all different colours. Calum said I could wear a different one for every day of the week. He told me to wear the pink one of my favourite day of the week. Friday. The colours I got were pink, purple, yellow, bright green, red, black, and orange. I'm gonna wear the YELLOW one today. I put the rest in my drawer and put the yellow one on. I went downstairs and showed Calum as he stared in amazement. He said as a joke, "Great! Now all you need is some chains and to lower your pants a bit." I laughed.

Nicole: Ya, like that's gonna happen.

Calum: You're totally right. I would never let you bag your pants down.

Nicole: But Justin does it. And so does Liam and Harry. Same with Connor sometimes.

Calum: Well what do they all have in common?

Nicole: They're all boys?

Calum: Exactly. Boys will be boys and girls will be girls. So you have to act like a girl, not a boy because boys are boys who sometimes disrespect girls and girls are sometimes girls who disrespect girls and boys so you have to be a perfect kind of girl.

Nicole: Got it.

Calum: You didn't understand a word of that, did you?

Nicole: Not even a syllable.

Calum: (sighs) Never mind.

I adjusted my beanie and Ash and Luke came downstairs. Luke smiled and made a comment. He said, "Ooh, Nicole, you looking hip, girlfriend." Everyone laughed. Ash then mentioned, "But seriously, you look really good in a beanie, Nicole. You should wear them more often."

Calum: I bought her one for every day of the week.

Nicole: Today is Thursday and from now on, I'll wear yellow every Thursday.

Luke: And plus, school starts again next week so I bet everyone will love how you look.

Nicole: Wait, next week? Aww!

Ashton: Don't worry, Nicole. You never know. Maybe you're gonna start a trend.

Nicole: Yeah but if school starts, that means homework!

Calum: Oh, that's too bad.

Ashton: And remember, we'll always be there to help you with your work.

Nicole: Okay.

I went upstairs to my room and started to text Emma.

Nicole: hey emma!

Emma: (5 minutes later) Hey, Nicole! Whats up?

Nicole: I've just started getting into beanies now and I'm wearing a yellow one right now. I'll text u a selfie

Emma: (gets selfie) Wow! u look amazing! really hip!

Nicole: Ikr? hey were u aware that school starts again next week

Emma: no! next week!? 😲 This is terrible!!

Nicole: it's not that bad. I just don't want any homework

Emma: neither do I but aren't u worried?

Nicole: worried about what?

Emma: Hannah! She still goes 2 school u know!

Nicole: I'm not afraid of her anymore. if anything she should be afraid of me

Emma: well next year, Jessica Taylor and I r graduating

Nicole: yeah I know. I wish u guys were in grade 7 like me

Emma: me 2. easier work

Nicole: so r u excited 4 new years?

Emma: yeah! I can't wait!

Nicole: I wonder what the guys r gonna do

Emma: they r probably going 2 get u something

Nicole: what do u mean

Emma: they'll probably throw u a party saying u have been with them 4 a certain amount of time. how long have u been with them?

Nicole: about 6 months

Emma: wow. maybe u should get something 4 them 4 taking care of u all this time

Nicole: but how would I get them something if they go shopping with me all the time? i can't buy them anything with them watching me

Emma: go shopping with me. I have 2 get something 4 Kate (A/N Kate is Emma's big sister) 2.

Nicole: with u? but when?

Emma: the day b4 new year's. get it 4 them last minute

Nicole : why last minute?

Emma: idk! I guess it's just more fun 2 be in a rush.

Nicole: u sure r risky arent u?

Emma: yep!