Chapter 204

Special shout out to my amazing friend, Mckenna. Add her, everyone! She's incredible! Her name is mckenna2124. Also add cupcakecochrane. She's amazing too! Love you!

After talking on the phone with Louis, I put the phone down and went to the kitchen to grab something to eat like I had planned to do before the call. But then it was already lunch time. Yay! After lunch, Michael had asked me to go get the mail. I said to him, "Shouldn't someone have done that in the morning?" And Michael responded, "Yeahhh, I was supposed to but I forgot." I chuckled and left the house to go get the mail. Our mailbox is not at the end of our driveway. It's a few houses down so I had to walk a bit. While walking, I noticed another person wayyyy farther in front of me walking the opposite direction. I ignored it 'cause you know. People take walks every day. Wasn't my business. I continued to walk to the mailbox. When I got to the mailbox, the person who I had seen walking looked familiar. Very vaguely though. I stared at them for a moment until I realized who it was. Hold up. No way. It can't be. Can it? Brittany? She was in a black bikini, striped jacket, shorts, and heels. Her hair was up in a high bun with a bandana around it. (Picture on first page). She was whistling while walking towards me. I shouldn't start something 'cause its gonna end badly so I opened the mailbox and grabbed the mail. I then closed it and made my way back to the house. I don't know if Brittany noticed me. I mean, she doesn't live near our house. Why would she be walking? And in heels? This is weird. I ignored it and continued to walk until I heard my name being called. Oh no. I'm thinking she came for me. "Nicole! Yo, it's Brittany!" she yelled. I stopped in my tracks and huffed. I turned around and she was walking closer to me with a smile on her face. I didn't answer her. I just glared at her with attitude. A she finally approached me, she said, "Wooooow. Long time, no see, eh?" I raised my eyebrows and said, "If only it could be longer." She laughed and threw her head back. She replied, "Well I was hoping that we could let bygones be bygones, you know? The past is in the past." I crossed my arms with the mail in my hand.

Nicole: You want Luke back, don't you?

Brittany: What? No. I'm over him... But, uh, by any chance... is he still single?

Nicole: Sorry, Brittany. You're too late. Luke is dating someone who has more clothes now. Oopsie. Did I say that out loud?

Brittany: (sighs) Who's he dating now?

Nicole: It doesn't matter anymore, Brittany. You had your chance and you blew it. Now it's too late. Besides, the heart wants what it wants, right?

Brittany: OMG. He's dating Selena Gomez?!

Nicole: Bingo.

Brittany: Oh, my god. I could never compare to that woman. She's a sex goddess and he's a sex god. They're prefect for each other.

Nicole: Please stop talking. 😒 Besides, Brittany. Luke ended it with you 'cause you were -- excuse my french -- a bitch to me.

Brittany: Ugh, don't remind me. I can't believe I actually lost to a little girl.

Nicole: And that's the kind of attitude and ended your relationship.

Brittany: Hey, you don't know anything about relationships. You're 9. You don't even have a boyfriend.

Nicole: Number 1: I'm 12, you idiot.

Brittany: (gasps)

Nicole: And number 2: Get in the now, Brittany. I'm dating the one and only Matthew Espinosa. So you can suck it.

Brittany: No, you're not.

Nicole: Brittany, theres something called the Internet. Look it up.

Brittany: Oh, my god. Even a little girl has a boyfriend and I don't? What's wrong with me?

Nicole: The fact that you keep calling me a little girl.

Brittany: Oh, shut up.

Nicole: You shut up.

Brittany: No, you shut up.

Michael's POV

I noticed Nicole had been outside for quite awhile. I mean, I know she has to walk to the mailboxes but it shouldn't take this long. I told Calum and he offered to go outside and check on her.

Calum's POV

Michael told me that Nicole was supposed to grab the mail but she's been taking awhile so I decided to go check on her. I wanted to do it because I was already going out to get some salmon for dinner. I got my shoes on and walked to the mailboxes. As I got closer, I saw Nicole talking to someone who looked really sexy and beautiful. I thought, is this one of Nicole's friends? If so, her friends wear REALLY revealing clothes. I heard them arguing so I approached them.

Nicole's POV

Nicole: No, you shut up.

Brittany: No, you shut up.

Nicole: No, you shut up.

Brittany: No, you shut up.

Calum: Would both of you shut up?

I looked behind me and saw Calum walking towards us. Oh no.

Calum: What is going on here? Nicole, is this one I your friends?

Nicole: No way. She's like, 40.

Brittany: I'm 19!

Calum: Whoa. Really?

Brittany instantly noticed Calum and her eyes just popped out of her head. She pushed me aside and said to Calum, "Well hey there, sexy." My mouth gaped open. Calum furrowed his eyes and said, "Um, hi. Who are you?"

Brittany: Brittany.

Calum: Huh. That name sounds familiar. And so does your face.

Nicole: Yeah, maybe 'cause she's --

Brittany instantly covered my mouth with her hand and said, "So how old are you?"

Calum: Same age as you. Hey, have we met before? You really do look vaguely familiar.

Brittany: No, but I wish we had. I do have one of those faces but small world, right? Hey, are you free tonight?

Calum: Well I don't think --

Nicole: He's busy! Sorry, he can't talk to you.

I knew she found Calum attractive and she wanted to date him. I couldn't let that happen.