Chapter 199

I tied myself down to just three dresses and then did Eenie meanie miney mo. I ended up with a beautiful sleeveless green dress that had a collar on it. Today I wasn't really in the mood to go all out so I decided to wear some striped leggings with it and a jean jacket. I looked in the mirror and thought to myself, wow, I can pull off anything. LOL. Then for my shoes I wore strappy pink heels that made me about 3 inches taller. Yay! Then I wore pink hoop earrings and to finish it off, I did my nails which overall took about 20 minutes. It was now 6:32 PM and I was all ready. I decided to wear some mascara and eyeliner and that's it 'cause it wasn't a big event. I was just told to get my mind off everything. God, I hope Matthew's alright. I can't believe I didn't believe him. I should have. He must be devastated and he'll probably never want me back again. No, I bet he's over it by now. He's a strong kid. I'm not. He's probably playing basketball outside with his friends while I'm in my room moping about how I broke up with him for no reason. Sigh. All of a sudden, Luke called me downstairs. I went downstairs in my heels trying not to fall or anything and when I got down there, everybody oohed. I chuckled. "You look fabulous. Okay, so it takes about 10 minutes to get to East Side Mario's so we'll go at 6:50," said Ashton. I nodded my head.

Ashton's POV

Matthew's gonna make his way to the restaurant at about 6:40 and wait for us there at 6:50. We're making our way at 6:50 and gonna be there at 7:00. What's gonna happen is we're all gonna find our table and eventually, I'm gonna say I have to go to the washroom. Then I'm gonna find Matt who's gonna be waiting in the washroom for our call. I'm gonna tell him to go to whatever table we're at. Basically, each of us (Calum, Luke, and I) are gonna make up excuses to leave the table like going to washroom (like I said) or getting some napkins but really, we're gonna leave the restaurant for about an hour for Nicole to see Matt. Its gonna be awesome! At least, I hope so. I hope Nicole won't still be too overwhelmed.

Nicole's POV

10 minutes passed and we were all gonna go to the car and leave to go to East Side Mario's. When we got in the car, it was a silent ride. Keep in mind, I still knew there was something fishy about all this.

AT EAST SIDE MARIO'S

"Table for four please," said Calum to the nice lady at the counter.

Calum's POV

I looked at Nicole who was looking down at her feet and I took the chance to quickly whisper to the lady, "But the table's gonna turn into a table for two so do you mind taking 2 chairs away from the table when you see just the girl sitting there?" The lady smiled and nodded and I said, "Thanks." She replied, "No problem."

Nicole's POV

Soon enough we got our table and sat down. We got our menu and I kept glancing at Ashton who I noticed was continuously checking his watch every 30 seconds. What's he doing? I asked him what time it was and he had to check for the 50th time. He replied, "6:49. Um, if you'll excuse me I have to go to the washroom. Be right back." Then Ashton stood up and left to go to the washroom as I furrowed my eyebrows. That's odd. I remember Ashton going to the washroom before we left. 1 minute later, Calum said, "Oh, excuse me, I'm gonna go ask someone for napkins." Then he stood up and left. Why would Calum need napkins? We haven't even started eating yet. Well I guess it's just me and Luke then. We sat at the table quietly. 1 minute later, Luke said, "Hey, you know what? Ashton's been in the washroom for awhile. I should go check on him." He stood up and I then grabbed his hand and said, "Wait. He's only been gone 2 minutes. And I can't be alone here."

Luke: (holds hand tighter) Don't worry, Nicole. You'll be fine.

Nicole: Well at least wait for Calum to come back. He's the one who should be here by now. He was only getting napkins.

Luke: Well maybe he got caught up in something. Just stay here, Nicole. You're gonna be alright.

Nicole: (lets go of hand) Whatever, Luke! This was supposed to get my mind off everything but you guys aren't helping at all! Just go, Luke.

Luke: Nicole, I'm sorry, I --

Nicole: (calms down) No, I understand, Luke. Just go get Ashton.

Luke: (sighs and leaves)

After Luke left I sat there and stared at the menu. I didn't even focus on what I wanted to eat. But wait. I noticed Luke left his wallet at the table. Then I noticed Calum left his wallet at the table too. And Ashton too! Why would they do that? Is it just a coincidence that they ALL left their wallets at the table? Maybe they're literally asking for me to steal their money. Hmm.... All of a sudden, the same lady who was at the counter came and took Calum and Ashton's chairs. I quickly stopped her and said, "Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on. Um, there are people sitting there."

Lady: Oh, I'm sorry, miss, but this is a table for two.

Nicole: Ummm, no, it isn't. I heard my brother say it was a table of four earlier. And if it was a table of two, two people would be sitting here, wouldn't they?

Lady: And if it was a table of four, four people would be sitting here too, am I wrong, miss?

Nicole: Well pardon your attitude, lady sass, but if you were paying attention, there were four people here at this table.

Lady: But maybe if you were paying attention, there isn't anymore.

Nicole: Well there's not two people here either! Do you not see these three wallets? God, where are they?!

Lady: Listen, miss, but --

Nicole: No, no. You listen here. I came here with 3 others and I'm gonna leave here with 3 others so you better --

Matt: Nicole?

I looked beside the lady at whoever called my name and my stomach immediately just started churning.