Chapter 176

"No, we're alright, Mrs. Hynes. We're sorry about the noise," Liam said into the phone. The neighbours were calling because they had heard all the things breaking and smashing. Liam said, "Pardon me? Well, umm, you see, there was a bird in the house..." Liam continued the story on the phone as me, Harry, Niall, and Louis tried to clean up the mess before Calum, Luke, Michael, and Ashton came home. We were almost done. There was just one thing we needed to clean and that was the pile of books. Niall quickly grabbed them all but then we heard the door open and Michael, Calum, Ashton, and Luke came in and saw everything was clean. Oh, thank goodness. But it doesn't really matter 'cause I'm gonna have to tell them everything anyway. Calum ran to me and hugged me. He said, "Nicole, where's the police? Are you okay?" Louis and Niall snickered. I frowned at them. They found it hilarious how the story went down and they were just dying to hear everyone's reaction. After telling them everything, it was dead silent. All of a sudden, laughter filled the room as all 4 of them laughed at my story. "Nicole, that was brave of you. To swing a bat at a bird? Incredible," Ashton joked. They all laughed again. I didn't though. They were making fun of me. Then Michael said, "You must've been angry at that bird to trash the whole house." They all started laughing again. Then Luke said, "Oh, no. Watch out for the bird killer!" More laughs. Calum said, "I swear if I was here and you hit the bird with that bat, I'd yell home run!" Laugh, laugh, laugh. So much laughing. They weren't even good jokes! They just found it funny how I got all gorilla and tried to kill a bird. Liam couldn't even talk on the phone anymore 'cause he was laughing so he just told the neighbours it was okay and ended the call. I was the only one not laughing. When they finally stopped, Calum said to me, "It's alright, Nicole. As long as the house is in one piece." And just at that moment, the blinds on the curtains fell and dangled off the pipe holding it up, and a book fell off the shelf, leading many others to fall off too. Louis then said, "Well... half a piece." We all laughed and fixed those pieces. LOL. But we couldn't exactly fix the blinds. No matter what, it would just stay dangling and it wouldn't go up. So Michael said, "Oh, what the heck?" and he ripped the curtains off the window letting a huge amount of sunshine in. It was so bright but so beautiful. I didn't even know the sun had that much brightness. I really need to get out more.

Hey, guys. Sorry for the short chapter. I've just been so busy lately with school work and learning and candy crush and watching TV -- wait. What? Umm, okay. I may have been lying. I barely have any homework and I haven't learned anything new since last month soooooo I guess I've just been lazy. I'm so sorry. I promise to update a little bit more often, okay? Thanks for understanding. Love you and thanks for reading my book! 😘