Chapter 192

"Nicole, can you come downstairs please?" Yelled Ashton from downstairs. I turned my iPod off and got off my bed. I went downstairs and saw him standing near the couch. He was the only one there. "Yes, Ash?" I said. He looked at me and smiled. "Okay, so I am having a parent/teacher conference on Monday with your teacher, Mr. Miller," he said happily. "Really? Uhh, w-when did this happen?" I asked worriedly.

Ash: I just got a call from the school today.

Nicole: ... I see.

Ash: Something wrong?

Nicole: Uhh, nope. Nothing.

Ash: What, you're not scared or anything, are you? I mean, you shouldn't be. It's not like you did anything wrong.

Nicole: Yeah.... Right.

Ash: The reason Calum's not going is because I'm the oldest guardian you have so I'm required to go.

Nicole: I understand.

Ash: You know, I'm almost positive that everything Mr. Miller says will be good comments. Don't you agree?

Nicole: ...

Ash: Nicole?

Nicole: Hm?

Ash: Don't you agree?

Nicole: Uhh, yeah, 'course I do. I'm gonna go grab a snack, okay?

Calum: Well okay.

I walked over to the kitchen and just paced around on the floor. I can't let Ashton meet Mr. Miller. The comments won't be ALL good. You see, I don't do that well in my studies. Oh, forget that. I don't do well at all. Ever since Mr. Miller has been my teacher, I haven't gotten an A+ or anything like that. Only D's or F's. I can't help it though. It's all too confusing! I get frustrated in class and its too hard. In my class, I'm known on the rebel or the girl-who-is-too-lazy-to-do-work. When I don't wanna do my work, I whisper to the people around me but Mr. Miller always catches me. I know I don't seem like the kinda girl to be known as that but I am. I mean, you guys have know me for a while now. You'd think I'd the be the kind of girl to get good grades and behave in class but I guess you thought wrong. I don't behave in class and I don't wanna get in trouble for doing that! Ugh. I have no choice though. This is stupid. I went back upstairs to text Taylor or Emma about the parent/teacher conference until I realized I had gotten a text from Jessica. Ugh, what does she want now? The text had a photo with it. A photo of... MATT?!? It said, "Matt says hi." |Picture on first page| He was making a quite funny face. Oh, now I'm pissed. How the hell is she with Matt right now?!?

Nicole: Why the heck r u and Matt 2gether Jessica?!

Jessica: relax. we met in the same cafe alright?

Nicole: u stay away from him?

Jessica: why should I? he likes me more than he likes u anyway

Nicole: shut up. get away from him

Jessica: its not like im gonna do anything 2 him

This is not good. If Jessica and Matthew talk, Matthew is going to realize he liked Jessica more than me and then we're gonna end up breaking up and he'll go for her! Jessica's going to say things to Matt that are going to make him think that I'm not up to his standards. I mean, she was his crush in the first place.

Nicole: i'm gonna txt Matt right now

Jessica: ya u do that

I exited the Jessica texts and texted Matt.

Nicole: Matt ur with Jessica right now?

Jessica's POV

I was chatting with Matthew for awhile and he was a really nice guy. I thought now was my chance to flirt with him. I mean, what do I got to lose? He liked me before he liked Nicole so no matter what I do, he'll just like me even more. "So, Matt. That day you came to school, Nicole told me you liked me," I said to him in a flirtatious way.

Matt: Well, uh, yeah, I had. I mean, you're a very nice girl and everything and I respect that but Nicole and I had started dating at that moment and sooooo yeah.

Jessica: Ohhh. So you don't like me? (Does pouty face) 😔

Matt: Well of course I like you but just as a friend, Jessica. I'm taken you know. And listen, Jessica, I don't mean to be rude or anything but you're talking to me in a very seductive way and I don't really appreciate that. To be honest, you're actually making me very uncomfortable right now.

Jessica: I... I am? 😰

Matt: Yeah, you are. (Gets text) Excuse me for a sec.

I know he was about to get Nicole's text. I had to stop him. His phone was on the table and just as his hand hovered over it, my hand grabbed his and I said, "Wait." He looked at me with a confused and weirded out face. He pulled his phone away rudely and said, "I should get going." Then he walked through the doors of the café and I saw him reading the text he had gotten. Then I saw about 7 girls run up to him squealing. This was the most embarrassing moment of my life. My own celebrity crush hates me. I mean, do you know how that feels? Imagine your favourite guy from One Direction turning you down, or the sexiest man alive from the magazines hating you? Well that's how it felt for me. It also felt like somebody stabbing me in the stomach... while I'm pregnant... while giving birth.

Nicole's POV

Matt wasn't answering my text. I was worried for a second until it said Matt is typing. I let out a great sigh of relief.

Matt: Well I just left the cafe. but ur friend tried 2 hit on me Nicole. I turned her down though

Nicole: she tried 2 hit on u?

Matt: ya. she was talking about how u told her that when I first came 2 school, I had a crush on her

Nicole: wow. how could she?

Matt: ya. I thought she was better than that but I guess not