Chapter 37

Then I glanced at the doors. I tried opening them even my my arm. I opened them and got out. Then I looked at my arm and it looked bad. Like, real bad. It had a bruise on it in the shape of a hand. I touched it and it hurt. I speed walked to somewhere close and I saw a deep ditch. I went in and because I didn't know how to get home I just stayed in the ditch. Then I saw a really thick pole and walked up to it. I could see my reflection and I looked so bad. My eye was swollen, my cheek was red, my arm had that hand print bruise on it and I rolled up my pant leg up to see multiple cuts and bruises. I was just beaten up. I felt terrible. But I can't just stay in a ditch all night. What if somebody finds me? I can't let anybody know about this... including Jessica. I didn't know what to do. But I have an idea. Ashton always gives me extra money for school just in case I need it. I can find an open store and buy some makeup and extra clothes. Makeup to cover my eyes and a long sleeve shirt. I walked for 2 minutes until I saw a corner store. Ugh, they wouldn't have either. But them I walked for 2 more minutes and saw a closed store. But outside the store was clothes on hooks that haven't been taken inside yet. I hurried to the hangers and took a long sleeve shirt. No makeup though. I left the store and went into another ditch. I knew no one was watching so I changed into the long sleeve shirt and took the tag off. The good part was that the shirt looked exactly like one of my shirts at home. Home. I miss home. I miss the guys. Wait. The guys! They must be worried sick about me! But I'm lost and I'm scared and I have no place to go. I left my old short sleeve shirt in the ditch walked some more with the new long sleeve shirt. What am I going to do about my eye? I thought, No. I don't wanna do this anymore. I wanna go home and forget about it all. I need to go. Then I walked and walked and walked. I didn't stop walking. You don't know how much my leg was hurting. All of a sudden, I saw 2 lights down the road. It got closer and closer. It looked like a car. But not Calum's car. Not Ashton's car. And not Luke's car. I sure wish it was though. I jumped into a ditch carefully and let the car pass. It passed and I continued to walk. I know I could've asked that person for help but I can't let anybody know about this. Then I saw another car. Still not Calum's, Ashton's or Luke's. I went into the ditch and back out. But after that last car, I started to think. I thought that I should just give up. Stop walking, Nicole. Enough. You have too much on your mind. Why not end it? End the pain. End the horror. End the life. And I knew how. Go to sleep. I'm in so much pain and I am so horrifically beaten that if I sleep, I will not wake up. I know that I have not gotten the chance to say goodbye to Calum, Luke, Ashton, Jessica, or even Veronica, but why should I? It's over. It's done. I'm done. I went to sleep.