Chapter 25

The afternoon flashed by and I was all better. I was right now in the kitchen alone just thinking. You know those times when you just think. Not really about something specific. Just thinking. Kind of like -- KNOCK KNOCK!!!!! The door interrupted my thoughts. I wished one of the boys were down here right now so that they could answer the door instead of me. I walked over to the door and opened and there stood a really tall, muscular guy with hair dangling down his forehead. He was chewing gum. When I had opened the door and saw him, he looked down at me and smiled. "Well, hello there. Are you Nicole?" The guy I assumed was named Riker said. I responded, "Yeah. Are you Riker?" He said yeah too. He had a kind of deep voice. Manly. Well, no doubt. HE'S A MAN! But on the other hand, Ashton doesn't sound like a man. KIDDING! Anyway, I let Riker in and he sat down on the couch. He asked me, "Is Luke here?" I said, "Yeah, let me just go get him." Then I went up to Luke's room. His door was open and I saw him working. "Hey, Luke? Riker's here," I said. He replied, "Oh, goody! Is he downstairs?"

Nicole: Yep. I already said hello to him.

Luke: Aw, how nice.

Nicole: Aw? Whats that suppose to mean?

Luke: Well I just think its cute how you say hello to guests without being shy. Unlike you did with me.

Nicole: Cute? Psh! I am not cute.

Luke: Yes, you are.

Nicole: No, I'm not.

Luke: Yes, you are.

Nicole: No, I'm not.

Luke: Yes, you are.

Nicole: Just go talk to Riker!

Luke: (laughs) Goodbye, cutie.

Then Luke walked out with a smirk on his face. Payback time! I'm surprised he left his door open. I went in and looked around for something to do. Aha! I found Luke's diary! Wait a second! LUKE HAS A DIARY!??!?!?! This is awesome!!!!!!!!! I took it and it clearly stated on the front, 'LUKE'S DIARY! DO NOT TOUCH!' in big letters. Well, that just gives me more reason to read it. I tried reaching for it but it was too high. Ugh! CURSE BEING SHORT! I tried my best but I couldn't get it. I needed help. I have an idea! I don't think Calum would mind if I took Luke's diary. I went into his room and saw him sleeping. Darn it! Then I went to Ashton's room and luckily, Ashton was free. He was folding his clothes. ODD. I went into his room and started talking to him.

Nicole: Hey, Ashton? Can you do me a favour?

Ashton: Sure, what can I do for you?

Nicole: I need to grab Luke's diary from his shelf but I can't reach it. Can you reach it for me?

Ashton: Luke has a diary?

Nicole: Yeah, weird, right?

Ashton: Yeah! Of course I'll -- Wait.

Nicole: What is it?

Ashton: Oops.

Nicole: What's oops?

Ashton: Nicole, I may have accidentally promised Luke that I would protect him and his things from you.

Nicole: You what?!? How could you?

Ashton: He said I could drive his car for a month.

Nicole: Don't you have your own car?

Ashton: Yeah, but... his is cooler --

Nicole: Oh my gosh, Ashton! Are you kidding me?

Ashton: I'm afraid not. So what I'm going to have to do is keep you away from Luke's room, Nicole. You can't go in there.

Nicole: (sighs) Ugh, fine.

Ashton: Good. My work here is done.

Then I walked out of Ashton's room and let him continue his stuff. All of a sudden, I got called down by Luke. I went downstairs and said, "Yes?"

Luke: Hey, can you get Riker and I some pop from the fridge?

Nicole: Seriously? You called me down here just so I could get you pop from the fridge?

Luke: Mm, yeah, pretty much.

Nicole: (mumbles) Couch potato.

Even though I had mumbled those last 2 words, it seemed to be as though Riker had heard me because he started laughing. I made my way to the kitchen and opened the fridge. I saw some Pepsi and some Coca Cola. Wait, I know Luke likes Pepsi more so I'll just get him Coca Cola. I got it out of the fridge and went back to the living room. I gave it to Luke and just as I was about to leave, Luke called me over again.

Luke: Uh, Nicole?

Nicole: Yes?

Luke: This is Pepsi. I'd prefer you get Coca Cola.

Nicole: Ugh, last time I checked, you had legs. (walks upstairs)

That's right. I got a little sass up my sleeve.