Chapter 1

Nicole's POV

My parents just left to the airport. I couldn't go with them because there would be nobody to drop me off back home. They told me that my babysitter should be coming soon. I know I sound really monotone right now and really bland but that's because -- and I know this sounds crazy -- I'm scared of my babysitter. I haven't even met him yet! I've only seen pictures and he has a piercing on his bottom lip. Thats all I need to see to be thinking what I'm thinking right now! He must be some kind of gangster. I'm so scared right now. And I can't believe I'm gonna be with this guy for 6 years!!!! Right now it's the summer break and I don't go to school. But I really wish I did because then I wouldn't have to be home all day with this guy! I hope he's nice. Well, I guess we'll never find out because I'm not meeting him. I'm just gonna stay in my closet in my room. He won't know where I am. Right now I'm in my room on my bed and my door is closed. I have a plan. When I hear a door from downstairs open, I'll go into my closet. I'm texting my best friend right now, Jessica. Shes one grade older than me and way taller but who cares? By the way, I'm really short for my age. I'm 4 foot something. But whatever. After 5 minutes of texting Jessica, I heard a door from downstairs open and a male voice say, "Hey, it's Luke here!!" I was scared to death. I quickly texted her to say I had to go and then I put my iPod in my back pocket and went to the closet. I entered it and then closed it. My heart was pumping so fast. Then I heard my bedroom door open. I heard footsteps and I knew he was all the way up to my bed. He was about to leave the room until the worst thing ever happened. My iPod made a noise because I got a notification. Jessica had texted me back. It was so loud, Luke heard it. I scrunched my eyes. I was filled with horror and anger. All of a sudden, Luke walked over to the closet and opened it. He had a smile on his face and trust me, he looked much scarier in person. But his smile was kind of heartwarming, and it kind of made me feel good. I was crunched up in a ball and my arms were wrapped around my knees. He laughed and said, "Well hello there. You must be Nicole." I looked at him and said, "Yeah, I am."

Luke: Well, I'm Luke. Nice to meet you.

Nicole: Nice to meet you too?

Luke: How about you come with me downstairs and we can talk?

Nicole: Um, okay.

I was still trembling. He held his hand out and I held it. Then he pulled me up and I stood. He was way taller than me. Of course because pretty much everyone is taller than me. He brought me downstairs and we both sat in the living room on the couches. We talked for a bit and it actually went really well. He seems really nice. I'm not really scared of him anymore. He also said he had a friend he'd like me to meet. He said his name was Ashton and that when he is busy, Ashton is going to take care of me. I wonder if this Ashton guy is nice too. Anyway, forget about that. After we finished talking, I helped Luke bring his bags up to his new room. His room was blue and way bigger than mine. After that, we watched a movie together. We watched Muppets Most Wanted and it was absolutely hilarious. We had some laughs and eventually, I had to go bed. Now here is the number 1 thing that makes me like him. MY BEDTIME IS 10:00!!!! Before it was 9:00 but not anymore! This is awesome!