62: Damien

I threw our things into the suitcase, unbothered that it wasn't folded and would probably crease inside. No worries, I could always iron it later.

"Zafrina," Ethan pleaded. "Don't go."

I avoided eye contact with him. Those eyes could make do anything he wanted, and I knew if I looked at him, I would surrender. And it wasn't happening, no way.

"I'm not stopping you from seeing her, Ethan." I spoke in a monotone voice. "But I can't trust you, or Gianna."

"Where are you going?" He queried.

I felt a fire roaring inside me. "Nailea, sweety. Could you go downstairs and wait in the kitchen please?"

She nodded and obliged right away. I made sure she was gone, and the door was completely shut as I turned to face him with furious eyes. "Where am I going?" I scoffed. "You didn't care about where I was, or what had happened to me and your child for the last six years. But suddenly, when I'm taking our daughter somewhere safe and far away from you, since you're obviously not ready to be a responsible dad, and your 'precious fiancée' has the brain of a dodo and can't be trusted around our daughter, you care about where I'm going?"

I pushed past him, but he caught grip of my wrist, and pulled me back. I was pushed against the pillar of the bed, as he stood infront of me, inches away.

"I can't truly apologise for letting you leave unless you give me proof, Zafrina." He replied. "I can see that I've hurt you, but I don't know why."

I bit my lip, knowing he was right. "I only have evidence to prove I'm innocent in all of this."

"Show me!" He commanded. "I need you to show me."

I sighed of relief. He was giving me a chance of proving myself, but I knew it was the wrong time. I placed a hand on his chest, sparks flying. Could he feel it too? I wonder...

If I looked at him, I know I would burst with tears. I missed him.

"Let me go," I whispered. "Please."

"Zafrina, I-"

"Please." I interrupted, my voice breaking. He stepped back, and immediately, I grabbed my suitcase and walked out.

-----

ELENA'S POV:

The ringing of the doorbell caught me off guard.

"Sylvia!" I called. "Get the door will you?"

No answer. I rolled my eyes. I couldn't be mad at Sylvia, she did work really hard. I checked the time, wondering where she was. She would always come rushing when she heard me calling. It was around 1pm, her break. Sylvia was probably taking a nap. I sighed and made my way downstairs, to the front door. Whoever was at the door wouldn't stop knocking.

"I'm coming!" I snapped in frustration. God, what an impatient imbecile!

Twisting the door knob, I opened the door "How can I help-"

He looked back at me, as shocked as I was to see him.

"What are you doing here?" I muttured.

Damien stepped forward, inviting himself into the Calaway residence, as I stepped back.

"I'm here for Zafrina." He replied. There was an awkward silence amongst us, until he broke it. "So, you're engaged, huh?"

I gave him a weak smile. "Yeah. I love him."

"Well, I'm glad you're happy," Damien smiled. "You deserve it, Elena."

"And you?" I asked. "You must be Colombia's finest bachelor. How many hearts have you broken?" I giggled.

But, he wasn't laughing. "Are you happy?"

"What?" I scoffed.

"Are you happy?"

I gulped. "Why wouldn't I be? Alex and I love each other, a lot. He knows everything about me."

"You didnt answer my question." He spoke.

I looked into his eyes, as he looked into mine. "You didn't answer mine either."

"I had my heart broken seven years ago." He answered. "I can't put anyone through the hell I'm living."

I sighed. "I gave you a choice, Damien."

"And I chose not to be selfish." He scoffed. "She was pregnant, Elena. I was there for her in ways you weren't, and you've known her since you were toddlers."

The sound of footsteps echoed through my ears, as I realised Alex was here. I could tell it was him from the sound of his steps.

"Hey, babe?" Alex called. "What's your favourite colour?"

"My favourite colour-"

"Green," Damien interrupted me. "Her favourite colour is green."

His eyes never left mine, trapping me. I could see the broken heart beating through his eyes, yet he still loved me. Six years later, and he still loved me. My heart ached. He never found someone else, whilst I was able to move on from him so quickly. I'll admit I always thought he'd be at the other side of the aisle, not Alex.

Zafrina made her way out of the kitchen, holding Nailea's hand as Ethan followed behind them.

"Thank you for picking me up, Damien." She smiled.

"No worries," He replied. "If you're ready we should get going." He turned, facing away from me as he followed Zafrina and Nailea out the door.

"You're leaving?" I blurted out. It was almost as if my words paralysed him for a moment. He refused to turn back and look at me.

Damien took a deep breath, before he spoke in a sorrowful tone. "Goodbye, Elena. Alex is a lucky man, indeed."

And just like that, he had left me once more.