36: It Was An Accident

"Carissima?" Marcus called. "Are you ready to go? We're going to be late to the party."

I finished curling my hair and applied the last touch to my makeup: setting spray. I slipped into my trainers, which didn't match my tight red dress but I was heavily pregnant and I could care less.

"Okay!" I called back. "I'll be down soon!"

I grabbed my purse, and chucked in my concealor, powder, matte liquid lipstick and my phone before climbing down the stairs.

Marcus went around the house, checking to make sure the doors and windows were locked before we drove off to Malachi and Sarah's house. It was Malachi's birthday today, and he was turning twenty eight. It was difficult for Marcus and I to find a present, so we decided we'd get him a cake and a gift basket filled with his favourite chocolates - can't go wrong with nutella. The man had a sweet tooth whilst Marcus here, stuffed his face in disgusting turkish delights.

"Baby, can I put on some music?" I asked.

"Knock yourself out." He replied, eyes focused on the road.

I beamed as I connected my phone to the car radio and began typing my favourite song into youtube.

When the song come on,

Lemme see ya get gone.

Baby mamas, this yo song,

Been pregnant for way too long-

"Nope, not this one again." Marcus snatched my phone away and typed another song into youtube.

What is love?

Baby don't hurt me,

don't hurt me, no more-

"Fuck no!" I scoffed, snatching the phone back as I put on another song.

I ain't gon' be cooking all day, I ain't your mama.

I ain't gon' do your laundry, I ain't your mama.

I ain't your mama, boy, I ain't your mama.

When you're gon' get your act together?

I ain't your mama-

Marcus grabbed my phone, as he tapped another song.

Move bitch, get out the way,

Get out the way bitch, get out the way.

Move bitch, get out the way,

Get out the way bitch, get out the way.

I looked at him frowning. "I'm going to scream."

"What?"

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"Fuck!" He yelled, jumping and throwing the phone in my direction. "Take it!"

"Aww," I chirped. "Thanks, babe!"

Been pregnant for way too long,

Now tell the DJ turn it on.

If she a baby mama (go head),

She gon' do that baby mama (work).

She gon' put it on ya (uh huh),

She gon do that baby mama.

Drop it down, drop it down down low.