13: You Owe Me A Date (Part 1)

The clanking of cutlery and chatter fill the restaurant room.

"I have to say, Ms. Dawn," Marcus spoke, interrupting my thoughts. "For a first timer, you did well in the meeting. The presentation was immaculate and well-detailed, as well as your ideas and the way you introduced them to me."

I picked up the glass from the table and took a sip of the wine. I felt Marcus' hard gaze onto me, watching my every step.

"Thank you" I reply, nonchalantly. The whole time I've been on this second date with him, I've been trying to push him away, but the two-timing dickhead kept trying, starting conversation to which I end with my small responses.

"Are you enjoying the food, Ms. Dawn?" He queries.

I put down my glass of wine as I realise a drop falls from my matte-red coated lips to my chin. I chuckle softly and look for my napkin. Out of nowhere, Marcus leans forward, pulling my face closer and closer, inches away from him. He takes a long look of my lips and licks his, before using his thumb to wipe my chin.

For a moment, I admit I wanted to kiss him and taste him and see how he felt on me, but I rolled my eyes, refusing to be charmed. I pull away from him and clear my throat.

"The food was lovely," I answer in a dead tone. "Should we get the bill?."

He lifts an eyebrow as he continues to talk. "I would pay, Ms. Dawn, but it appears that somebody has run away with my credit card,"

I immediately give him a fake smile, as I call for the bill and take out a credit card. I enter the pin and wait for the money transaction to occur, and then hand it back to him, with the same, wide, fake ass grin.

"That's okay!" I exclaim. "I pay for meals all the time. I'm very independant."

I gathered my things and walked out, proud to be done with this stupid date. As I was about to cross the street, I felt someone grab my arm.

Marcus.

"Get the fuck off me!" I growled.

He used both of his hands and shook me.

"God, will you listen to me woman?!" He roared.

The anger in his voice silenced me, along with how intimidating he was. His voice was like nothing I've ever heard before. It sounded like a drum, but deeper, like a tuba, but deeper. It was smooth, like butter, but it could be as rocky as rocky road ice cream. His tone was as deep as the sun at midnight.

"That woman you saw me with, that's just a friend" He yelled furiously. "I grew up with her and consider her as a sister to me, so stop acting like a bitch when you're not one!"

I suddenly felt a wave of guilt over me. "So you weren't two-timing me?"

"No!" He grumbled.

"I'm sorry..." I murmured, biting my lip.

He untightened his wild grip on my arm, and took my hands into his. "I'm with you, because I like you. I think you're beautiful and Christ, I know we've only met a couple times, each for a brief moment but I'm a man who knows what he wants."

I stop, and look him in the eyes as I listen to him. His brown eyes are large, warm like the colour of honey. I didn't really know him, but I finally understood what a man was like. I confess, I still had little feelings for Ethan, but he wasn't half as mature as Marcus. Marcus was charming, mature and like he said, he knew what he wanted. He had proven it to me on several occasions and I just couldn't resist. It was like a chase. He was chasing, chasing, chasing me and even though I was acting like a real bitch, I liked the chase because out if all the women in the world, he was after me.

Feeling guilty, I asked. "Can we start over?"

He tucked a few strands of hair behind my ears, giving me a genuine smile as he nodded.

"Can we start over, right now?" I query, with a mischevious smile as an idea pops and explodes in my mind.

He looks at me, bewildered yet anxious. "You're going to get me into trouble, aren't you, amorina?"

"Only if we don't get caught-" I say innocently. He shook his head and roared with laughter, following me after I take his car keys and make my way to the car. We get in, strap in quickly and I slam the accelerator as the buzz of the roaring engine gets louder and louder.

"This is kidnapping, you know that, right?" Marcus smiles. I don't respond but give him a wide smile.

I begin speeding, to be greeted by faint sounds of police sirens.

Shit.