8: Aloha

The car door swung open. "aloha awakea, aloha auinalā! Welcome to Plumeria Hotel!"

"Mahalo!" I replied. The men began to unload the car trunk and load it onto the luggage trolley.

I got out the car and made my way up the grand steps to the entrance of the hotel. I suddenly felt bad. I had enough money to pay a couple hundreds on the hotel, but Pop pop paid off the rest. By the looks of it, it was definitely a 5-star hotel. There were two set of steps. One on the left, and the other on the right.

The double doors were opened by two men in uniform who guided me straight down to the receptionist. I took out my receipt as evidence that I would be staying here and handed it over.

She spoke with a strong hawaiian accent. "You are checking in for the La Cronalina Suite, ae?"

"Yes," I answered. "Is it ready for me?"

She smiled at me. "Ae, it is ready. Manolo will take you to the suite now, and your luggage will be delivered, ae?"

"Right, thank you for your help." I say. She gave me a key card and an 'all-inclusive' wristband. I smiled at her before following a man called Manolo. I was so glad when I realised that all members of staff in the hotel had name badges.

He took me through a life that could only be accessed through my key card. We stepped in and I realised that instead of going up, we were going down. The lift gave a sudden ding, indicating that we had arrived, but the doors did not open.

"Keycard, please." A monotone female voice said. I obliged.

The metal doors pulled apart and I stepped out. There was a room, a small lounge with a sofa, a coffee table and a door labelled 'La Cronalina Suite'.

I once again, scanned my keycard over the authorication scanner, hearing a lock unclick. I grabbed the handle and welcomed myself into the suite.

I gasped. "This is all...mine?"

"Ae, all yours madam" Manolo responded.

"Thank you, Manolo. I'll look around, I appreciate the help."

"Ae, madam. You are very welcome," He said, retrieving back to the lift.

It was magnificent.

The white marbled-floors were refreshingly cold and the place was filled and lit with natural sunlight, beaming through its window panes. It was like an entrance hall - a ballroom.

There was a kitchen in the corner and countertops. Inside a table for six with the kitchen countertops surrounding it. There was a pantry, quite large filled with food, labelled and organised.

There was a corner, with a grand bookcase and lounges, along with a vintage wooden desk.

There were four guest bedrooms which had not a single bit of dust, the master bedroom was the best, with a king-sized double bed along with a walk-in closet filled with only the most sexiest of clothes from bikinis to lingeries, flip flops to stiletto, sunglasses to purses. I came across a small note on the side of the table which read: pour mon petite papillon, Pop pop.

He spoiled me a little too much at times, but I honestly wasn't complaining. He was like a father to me, and at times I didn't feel like an orphan.

I decided to change into a pair of baggy shorts with a tank top. Of course, I wore a bikini underneath just in case I wanted to go for a swim. I left the suite and decided to go to the pool. The pool was a magnificent shape, shaped like a guitar. There were decks surrounding the crowded pool. I suddenly saw the rude woman from the plane.

She walked over. "If it isn't the snitch,"

"Snitch?"

She rolled her eyes. "It's british slang for tattle-tale"

"Tattle-tale?" I said, confused. "Nevermind. Didn't they kick you off the plane?"

"Well, yes" She responded. "But I know people in higher places,"

"Wow," I stated, in disbelief.

She sighed, obviously showing her irritation towards me. "I slept with the captain,"

My eyes widened. "Damn. I could never do that,"

She scoffed. "You obviously think I'm a slut"

I shook my head. "Although, yes that's the right term, you did it to get what you want. I think that's really clever."

"And maybe you're not the snooty bitch I thought you were," She replied. "Caia Havering."

"Zafrina" I saw that she had her hand out and shook it in response. "It's nice to re-meet you?"

She chuckled. "I think we'll get along just fine,"

"I agree," I smiled.

A/N: Hi guys! So sorry I haven't updated in a while, things have been hectic at my end. I know this chapter may seem a little boring, but I promise you it is key to the events that you'll unravel as you read! Our new British character, Caia Havering is a key character in the story, so pay attention!