52: Dreaming

I sat down, slouching like a sloth sprawled across the couch as I replayed the sex tape of 'Alex and I'. It was vile, and as I watched it, I felt more and more disgusted at myself. I knew the woman in the video wasn't me, but the resemblance was so uncanny. I felt so sick, as I saw how Alex was...fucking her. It sounded sick to say it like that, but this was what it is. The woman's face was covered in bodily fluids, as cheap, jet-black mascara ran down her face. I couldn't believe it. The tears rolled down, unannounced as my silent cries turned to weeps. People thought this was me, the successful Zafrina Dawn, belitted as the 'hotel whore' everyone saw me as trashy, cheap pleasure. I slammed the laptop, before throwing it against the wall, relieved as it crumbled into unfixable pieces. This was an accurate representation of how wounded my heart was. Damien came running in, obviously spooked by the clamorous crashing of the laptop.

"Jesus Christ," He snarled. "Zafrina, don't tell me you were watching that stupid video again."

I didn't answer.

He walked up to me, placing his hands on my arms and shaking me gently. "Why are you doing this to yourself? This has been going on for the last few months, this stress isn't good for you, or Nailea."

But all I could do was stare at him, with my jaded green eyes that were no longer vivid, but dull. I had lost my shine.

"I'm sorry." I muttured.

He let out a long sigh and hugged me tightly. "I know how you feel, Cariña."

I understood how he felt too. Since he had left Elena, Elena began dating Alex, and eventually the two started a relationship. I was shocked, Elena and Damien were together for three years, and were engaged. They constantly talked about starting a family, and now it seems Elena wouldn't be fulfilling this dream with Damien, but the man who caused this unjust separation. As for Ethan, well...he found love again.

Her name was Gianna Louis, british fashion model who went from rags to riches. She was all over the media, not only for her desirable beauty, but for the rare colour in her eyes. Gianna was absolutely eye-catching, with the softest, ash brown hair as well as a fair, olive complexion. Her eyes were possibly the loveliest, the left, filled with agate blue eyes, filled with little pools of chocolate caramel, and the right, filled with chartreuse green eyes. She had a medium-sized, greek nose as well as sandstone, plump lips which was similar to a warm medium pink. Gianna's hair descended down to her shoulders, stopping just below her breasts. She had an appealing figure too - an hourglass figure, with hips not too small, and not too wide either. She had the kind of body that suited any outfit. Days went by, and from afar I could see that Ethan was becoming happier, and every drop of happiness he received, I felt a drop of mine evaporate. I was so dissapointed. He had given up on me, our daughter. And I know I've been saying this repeatedly, but it's not something I can just move on from.

"What's wrong?" Damien asked. "What's on your mind?"

"Everything," I murmured. "Everything is wrong."

He lifted my chin, as our gazes met. I noticed how similar his eyes were to mine: broken, and incomplete. "You're strong enough to handle the pain, you'll get through it."

I gave a small chuckle, in disbelief. "I don't want to deal with it, with any of it."

"But, why?" He queried.

"I know I'm strong enough," I smiled weakly. "But I don't see why I have to deal with it. I don't understand why I deserve all of this pain."

I got up from the couch, as I placed my hands on my lower back to support my weight. "I'm going to go for a walk."

I slipped on my flats before heading out to the local park.

As I stroll into the park, I fold my arms, hugging myself tight. I know I shouldn't be out, walking around when I'm heavily pregnant, but I felt so useless. I didn't want to be useful, not anymore. Instead, I longed to stand on the mountain-tops, surrounded by the scent of the green grass and the wild flowers as I looked down from below. I would be the queen of the world, grinning as I closed my eyes and felt the gentle breeze caress my face. The wind would express his love for me, whispering in my ears as I giggle to myself. And spreading my arms, I would soar far above the clowds in my own world, just imagining life, not for what it is, but for what it could be. When I opened my eyes once more, butterflies would flutter in the sky, flapping its colourful wings. The deers would run wild and free, surviving life and it's adventures. And even though we are all of different species, there would be something we would all have in common - freedom.

But this was not the reality when I opened my eyes this time. Instead, I was just in a park, a small field of green, surrounded by other people trying to live their lives. Although it wasn't as bewitching as my dreams, I still found comfort living vicariously through others. The children weren't like butterflies, but they were just as vibrant and free.

A/N: hey guys! So new character introduced, who is actually based on one of my close friends, CuteCookie1_

I hope you like your character Gianna!! <3