Chapter 53: Training (Part 3)

“Then, let me go next…!” Reina said, while she wielded her rapier, in her front as if she were asking a duel, well she is exactly… “Good, I like brave girls like you…” Niahl smirked. But, somehow I’m kinda worried about this battle. If Niahl unconsciously enrages Reina, surely she will turn into her dragon form again. If I’m right she can’t still control it freely, right? “Let’s start, do your best and hold on for about 30 minutes, milady!” Niahl provoked her. “I don’t think that’s good, probably she will come sprinting to him, and become a dragon out of a sudden, if not careful…” I mumbled, in my mind. I looked at Reina, to see what’s going on with her. I expected to see her slowly turning into a dragon, yet…Yet, what I saw was her normal human form. For a moment, I saw a crimson flower, standing still without withering, even in a battlefield. But, when I blinked, I saw Reina again. Upon seeing her serious and not wavering expression, I couldn’t help but smile. “Don’t worry, 10 minutes is enough for me to land a hit on you…” Reina smiled. “I guess she had grown a bit, but her prideful and arrogant personality, just won’t change…” I thought, as I sighed with my face covered by my right hand. Reina stared over Niahl where the tip of her rapier was pointing to. She took a deep breath, with her eyes closed. When, she opened her eyes, it was like trap…a trap which makes you unable to avert your eyes from hers…as if you were captivated by her eyes, no probably, the captivating one is not her eyes, but the fire she lit easily in her eyes with all confidence, or arrogance if I would rephrase. I sighed once again. Niahl smirked. It looks like he was also captivated, with Reina’s eyes. Captivated by her eyes and the crimson flowers on the path she walked, Niahl remained still. Before he could even comprehend to the events, Reina sprinted to his strike zone, and was about to hit him. Nervously, Niahl parried causing them to clash. “Does your hands hurt with the pressure, milady…?” He mumbled to Reina. “That’s my line!” Reina said, as she pushed Niahl sword with hers. “Oi, oi…you’re not bad, milady…!” Niahl laughed, as they continue to clash sword with each other. Parrying, dodging and thrusting, as if they were carrying a conversation using swords, they continued to clash. Suddenly crimson flowers appeared around Reina. On the path she just walked were crimson flowers. Wait, what? W-Why are there crimson flowers there? Doesn’t that appear just when Reina becomes a dragon? But, the person in subject hasn’t changed one a bit… “What the heck…?” I laughed, breath by breath. This scene, it was the same as back then. Crimson flower surrounding her in the place of flames…when it scattered, Reina had turned into a dragon. Yet, right now what appeared was Reina, with some dragon scales on her body, as if it was burn marks. She came sprinting to Niahl, with the path she walked filled with crimson flowers. She tried to thrust her sword into Niahl’s neck, but her hand was grabbed by Niahl. “Time is ticking only half a minute is left, milady…”Niahl smirked, as he tried to hit her waist. She grabbed Niahl’s hand which was about to hit her with the sword, and jumped with her left hand grabbing on Niahl’s right hand, to erase the possibility of him hitting her. Her right hand which was wielding her rapier was grabbed by Niahl. If he were to let go of it, she will be able to thrust her sword into his throat. With such position, Reina jumped, and chanted, “Ashes to ashes, dust to dust…Fill this raging fire hope with God’s whim...Scatter crimson flowers…Quemar su alma lamentable (Burn his pitiful soul) out of my sight!!” she shoved him out of her sight, as she kicked his face and using the force of her left hand that was grabbing onto Niahl’s arm, and her right hand which was hold by him, to throw him. Niahl flew out of her sight, like she stated. Her hair fluttered as the crimson flowers disappeared into thin air. I sighed. I thought that she would turn into a dragon there out of a sudden. Well, it wasn’t like she was able to control her dragon form, she was only able to reduce its effects, and was able to stay the same, with some scales on her body, though. The fact that the dragon scales appeared, allowed her to use some of her strength as a dragon, the strength so strong as if it is idiotic enough to think of. But, more or less…I can say that she had just accepted the dragon inside her. “Like I noted, only 10 minutes, right Niahl?” Reina said, with a smile to Niahl who had just stood up, with his nose bleeding and some burn marks on his face. “Haah…” All he can do was to sigh, while looking at Reina who was very happy. Seems like it only added more oil to the flame, Niahl seems losing his motivation. “Oi, oi aren’t you the one who bring this up…” I mumbled in my mind. “Who’s next?” Niahl asked. Even his questions show his less motivation. As if it was giving sympathy to Niahl, it suddenly snowed. “Ah!” Russell mumbled. “It’s snow…” Anna said. “What should we do?” Russell asked. “Well, we should continue right, Niahl?” Gino said. Oh by the way, about Reina’s chant, where she said “burn thy pitiful out of my sight” As you can guess, the out of my sight part isn’t included to the real chanting. All I can say for Niahl is truly, pitiful…