Chapter 7: Royal Tutor

"Eh?" I mumbled. "What's wrong Ed?" Dad asked, as Fiore hid his creepy smirk. "Nothing, sire..." I said, unable to refuse. "Good, then all's set. I'll leave the rest to you Fiore-kun...!" Dad said, cheerfully. "Yes sir..." Fiore smiled, like a fraud. "So, my opinion is not important here..." I complained in my mind, as I sighed deeply.

"Well, since it is our first time interacting, perhaps a bit of an introduction is needed between us..." Fiore smirked, as we sat down over the seats in my study room. "It surely is our first time interacting properly, though is introduction still needed?" I asked. "It's up to you, young master..." Fiore said. "I'm fine without it..." I said. "Understood..." he agreed.

"Know, since I'll be your tutor from now, I must know your capabilities. So, let's have a test, is that fine with you?" He asked. "Definitely..." I agreed, as he handed over a paper to me.

It was a test with a maximum score of 100, with Mathematics, History, Magic, Demonology and Mythology (which is true in this world)

I took the pen, and started answering. At first, I was thinking off using memory check so I can perfect the test, because all of this was on the books that I've read, before. But, as I look at Fiore, it seemed like doing that will only be pointless.

Mathematics in here is exactly the same as of the past world. It is filled with bunch of mathematic theories that I've gone bored of. Even though, I was pretty much of a stupid guy, in a way that I doubted God's existence, I was best in Mathematics and Science. So, I ended up answering all of the math questions first.

In the midst of answering, I was surprised to see a strange question. "How many days are in 7years total?" I gulped as I read the question in my mind. In this case of question, you need to take account of the leap year. But what matter is when did this 7 years started.

Whether before the 7 years a leap year or it was about to occur, right after the 1st year in this 7 years, it will be a confusion, afterwards. If it were to happen before the 7 years, then there'll only 1 leap year with 366 days, and an exact 6 times of 365 days. Although, if it was to happen in the start of the 7 years, then there'll be 2 leap year in exact.

I scratched my head, leaving it in a mess. I sighed, as I looked at Fiore who was smirking as if he schemed this. Well, it is a great shame for me if I were to fail this test, because of this question so.....

After the test, Fiore checked it, as I laid my head down the table having my soul flow out like smoke. I answered History, Magic, Demonology and Mythology perfectly. The test for History centered the formation of the world, which was written in the book, while the test for Magic centered the control of Ether and more theories about it like Science. Demonology and Mythology centered the whole topic on them.

"I'm done checking it..." Fiore said as I jolted. "So, how did it go?" I asked, as I was curious of the outcome of my choice earlier. "Perfect..." Fiore said. "Alright...!" I cheered. "It seems like all I can do is to improve your intelligence more, and train your physical body, I guess..." Fiore sighed.

About the strange question regarding the leap year, I answered 2, 556 days. I took account the possibility of having a leap year before the 7 years. Later on, Fiore informed me that he thought that I will pick the possibility of having a leap year in the start of 7 years. But, unfortunate for him, since he smiled while I was answering it, I was reminded of balance. If I were to think of having a leap a year just before the 7 years, then there'll be six 365 days and one 366 days, which will be on the middle making a balance....

Well, that question was a logical tricky question, which became confusing because of taking account of the leap year....

"Your son perfected the test I created for him..." Fiore said. "So that means, that he answered that tricky question correctly?" Geralt asked. "Absolutely, sire..." Fiore said. "I see..." Geralt chuckled. "It seems like hiring you was the best choice Fiore-kun...then, like we've promised about in the contract..." The emperor said. "Yes sir, I'll see to it that he'll ace in intelligence and physical sir, until the day that I'll leave the castle..." Fiore said. "Good..." Geralt nodded.