Chapter 33: Royal Battle Day 3!!!

The next day, we bid Fiore goodbye. "Where are you going next?" I asked. "Hmm, I think I will try going over the continent on the South" He said. "I see..." I mumbled, as I looked down. "You are not alone anymore, you have friends to support you" Fiore said, as he patted my head, with a grin. "You're right" I said, as I clenched my fist, and bid him goodbye. We'll meet again, I'm sure of it.

As if nothing in particular happened, the long 2nd part had finally come to an end. And, I wonder if it is fate or coincidence or maybe it was just a miracle, I have won the first and second game. But, due to my stiff muscles, I wouldn't be able to move thus I was removed from the third game. I did want to participate, but it will surely tear off my mana circulation the more I continue to reckless around. The next game was cavalry, the group who gets the most flags wins. Still, if you got your flag taken, it doesn't mean you're out. In other words, this game symbolizes defence and vengeance. I really want to participate. I sobbed, as I clenched my crutches.

The following are the favorite to win groups: Russell team, the members are Ana, Russell, Forth and Gino. Kirt team, which includes Reina in one of the member, and also Sucher team, that includes the 2 other finalist in the chivalry and Frankie. "It's Ferdinand!!" He grunted. Looks like the audience had gotten a bit disappointed, by the fact that they won't be seeing me win once again, though. By the way, this game's MCs are Akari and Kiiro. I was just about to get tired of Shiro's voice. "Now let's start the cavalry, everyone let's fight fair and square!" Kiiro said, starting the game. "How are you? Edward-kun" A middle-aged man with eye bags sat beside me. "Sir Gustav, whats wrong with those eyes?" I asked, with a worried tone. "Ah, this....well, since you guys are having fun here, we had lots of works more than ever" He said, with a sigh. "I-I see..." I mumbled. "Well, more or less it's doing great. How 'bout your body...?" He asked. "It's alright, I can't move for around 2 weeks, the healer said" I chuckled. "I see, you sure have it hard for a kid" He said. I stayed silent, unable of to think anything to say right now. "You're wrong sir" I mumbled. "Eh?" He said. "It's not hard for me, "Wounds heal but scar never fades" they say and it's the same for me. And I think of that scar as a prize of courage" I grinned. He was a bit astonished. "I see" He then chuckled. He stood, and patted my head. "You're pretty cool, for a kid. Thanks to you I have regained my motivation" He said. "Welcome sir" I smiled. He walked. "Edward-kun....!" He said. "What's wrong sir?" I asked. "Ah, nothing.... Get well soon!" He said, and left the audiences' seat. I wondered, what he was about to say.

15 minutes have passed since the game started. Russell team had gotten almost 40 flags. Kirt team got the half of it. Sucher team got 23. The remaining teams with flags are about 30. The time was ticking close. "Let's start the countdown, 10" Kiiro said. "9" The audiences said, as the participants desperately tries to win with their all. "8" Akari said. "7" Shiro said. "6" Kuro said. "5" Aori said. "4" I said. Russell and the other continue to fight, with a ticking time, behind them. "3" Sir Gustav said. "2" Reina said. "1" Ana said, with the ticking time everyone halted. "0!!!!!" The audiences shouted. "Game End, with 67 flags on their hand Russell team wins!" Kiiro said. I smirked, and left the seats as I drag my feet using my crutches.

"Congratulations Russell Team!!" We celebrated. "Thanks everyone" Russell said, as he sobbed. "Oh look at you, that's a bit gross" Gino said, as Russell blew his nose. "Congrats Ana" Reina said. "T-thank you Reina chan" Ana said gratefully, as they shared a toss. With this the Royal Battle has ended.

I walked over the first game's arena. To the 3rd stage, I went over as I walked while struggling with crutches. I've got after getting Sir Gustav's permission. "Third Stage: The Timeless Paradise..." I mumbled, as I laid down my crutches, to sit down over the green field, covered with flowers. For some reason, a certain image was projected in my mind.

"Ed! Ed, sheesh Wake up, sleepyhead..!" She shouted. I opened my slowly. As I saw her, tears overflowed from my eyes. "E-lia..." I mumbled. As I brushed off my tears, I hugged her. "EH?! Ed???" She jumped.

"I disappeared?" She mumbled, as I nodded. I told her about her disappearing. "Well, unfortunately that is reality" She said, as she stood over the flowers' center. "I know" I said as I looked down. "But, you know, it's not like we'll never see each other again. As long as we live, fate and coincidence continue to happen, it's not wrong to believe in them for a while, you know" She smiled, with her hands on her back. She suddenly disappeared into the flowers, as if she was a blooming petal.

I woke up from my slumber. "Well, it was a dream of course..." I mumbled, as I stood carrying myself with my crutches, as I went back to the dorm.

Even though, yesterday it was the hottest day of the whole summer, it seemed to have passed. Summer break ended, and autumn greeted us, with a slight gust of wind. I wore my autumn uniform, as I was ready to depart. My injuries soon healed after the Summer Break. Well, the fact that it was an unforgettable summer won't change. Time will slowly take our moments and will advance, as if it was willing to kill the mood. And soon the Fall break will come, which will start the most unforgettable memory in my life, surely..