Chapter 38: A Cozy Place

After Forth's body completely healed, we visited his mother...Gina-san's grave. Lorenz-san was given a trial, without any hurdle he was successfully thrown to the Empire's Prison, Babel Tower. "Lloyd-san if it isn't rude can I ask something?" I said. "Hmm, what is it?" He nodded. "Did you know Lorenz-san from way back?" I asked. "Yeah, well you can call it an albatross around my neck" He laughed. "Back when we were the same age as you guys we formed an adventure party. Harold, me, Gina, Geralt, Liassa-chan your mom, my wife Kyla, Neraida, Lorenz, Christophe, and Kirt's dad Erio" He said. "I see, that's why King Harold nonchalantly asked us about you guys, but why did it seemed like he was more interested of your wife instead of you?" I said. "Ah, it was because of circumstances" Lloyd-san chuckled. "Eh?"

Not that long, we reached Gothiceln. "Hmm, this fresh air of Gothiceln is so soothing" Kirt said, as he took a breath. "Haha, you can say that" Lloyd san said. "Hmm, I didn't knew that you had such many kids already, Lloyd-kun" An old woman said, as she passed by. "They're not my kids, this is my only son and the others are his friends, Madam" He answered. "Oh what a misunderstanding of me, I'm sorry" She said. Women here were unexpectedly ladylike, meanwhile men are all Gentleman. So this is the well-known righteous Kingdom. Oh, too bright that I might get blind.

We went over Russell's house. "Is it alright if you don't check your home over, Ana-chan?" Lloyd-san asked. "It's alright, plus mom surely won't be there" She said. "Jeez, that Neraida..." Lloyd-san mumbled. "Did you go to see Nera-chan?" A beautiful woman opened the door. "I didn't, you're too fast when it comes to her, Kyla" Lloyd-san chuckled.

"Sorry for the sudden appearance, I am Russell's mother Kyla" She said, with a polite tone. "I am Edward von Collins, you can call me Ed" I said. "I see, so you're Liassa-chan and Geralt-kun's third son, right?" She said, with sparkling eyes. "Uhm, well yes..."I nodded. "I am Gino Borther" Gino said. "You look very much like Christophe-kun" Kyla-san said. "Thank you very much, Ma'am" Gino said. "I am Kirt Yulirken, Madam" Kirt said, trying to impersonate Gino. "I thought you were Erio-kun's doppelganger, earlier" She said. "I see" Kirt smiled. "Stop impersonating me!" Gino whispered. "Bleh!" Kirt pissed him off. "You two are noisy" Reina said. "That attitude are you perhaps Harold-kun's daughter?" Kyla san asked. "Well, um yes. I am Reina sen Arledimeth" Reina said. "Wow, you're cute and shy like Harold-kun" Kyla-san hugged her like a doll. I kinda get now why Harold-san was interested in her. I gulped. "A-ana...Kirth—lyn, desu" She politely nod. "Nera-chan's daughter, huh? You're unlike her" Kyla-san said. "I see" Ana bowed. I looked at her, wondering what's wrong. Even though she noticed my gaze she didn't looked at me, and remained looking down.

Russell's house gives off a very cozy feeling. I walked over the street to Gothiceln Park. I saw Ana sitting in a bench, while singing. This is a déjà vu, I once see her like that and this will be the second time. For some reason, I always see her sing like that when she has a problem. She is singing a very sad song that will surely make her cry later. I stayed there, to wait for her to stop singing, as I felt guilty of unable to comfort her with my words.

"What's wrong?" I asked her who was sniffing. "Ed-kun?" She mumbled. "You see, I...I'm a novice when it comes to comforting girls, so I prefer your happy face, than this. That's why, stop crying already, Ana" I said, as I held out a handkerchief to her as I blushed. "Ed-kun sorry for making you worry, but I'm fine" She said, as she stand and walked. "Thank you!" She said, as she turned to me as her hair fluttered. Turning like a kid, she was about to fell, that she stomped the ground until she became stable. For some reason, I became speechless. "Ed-kun?" She asked. I grinned. "It's nothing, let's go back" I said. "Alright" She said, as she followed me.

In this second life of mine, a lot of trial awaits. Lots of friends and foes await our encounter. Still, I am here standing beyond the path I chose since dying as Hakuya. Surely, from now on I will have to take many deviations, and overcome many wall. I surely will feel disappointed and depressed, sometimes. But still, I will continue to choose tomorrow for the better of this world, and for the better of me. I will continue to go forward, without turning back, straightly....forward with confidence pushing my back as I go on.

"Father?" The woman with a heavy sword behind her, mumbled. "Time is ticking and days are passing. The main event awaits the protagonist. Now, how would you make it interesting for me, Hakuya?" The man sitting in the throne smirked, as he leaned his chin at his fists.

Things were yet unknown, events remain mysterious. Time is ticking and days continue to pass. Fire burns, Water drowns Wind slashes, and Earth blocks. Light restores and Dark destroys. I sense a bad premonition of things. This time, I didn't know that I was too close to the folktale which everyone took as a joke. A tale of two kids accused as gods, by pathetic adults who hid in their reputation.