Chapter 46: Black Knights of Vengeance

In the slums, "We must save those two idiots, Boss!" A man on black said, over a guy who sits on a black throne of thorns. "Alright, ready to dock fellas!" He said, while his left eye was covered.

Back in the palace, "They still haven't answered our question, they remained silent while enduring the pain" Rel said. "I sense a bad premonition, make sure to never let your guard down" Dad said. "Yes sir!" Rel and Led answered. "Seriously, what a load of work they're giving me" Dad exclaimed, as he scratched his hair.

"What is this place?!!" Forth exclaimed. With Dad's orders to relax around the palace, I showed Forth to the Great Library. "The great library, I guess..." I said. "There are so many books, I wonder what I should read first, this one...no this one, I can't choose!" He exclaimed. "He's not listening anymore" I sighed. "Isn't it fine, to see him like that once a while?" Kirt said. "You think so?" I asked. "Of course" He nodded. "Still, seeing lot of books, kinda break the hell out of my brain" Gino said, acting all dizzy. "Then, instead of staying here, wanna have a spar with me?" Herd asked him, as he leaned his wooden sword on his shoulder. "Is it alright?" Gino asked, with sparkling eyes. "Of course, I wanted to see Master's son's capability" Herd answered. "I might break your expectation, but I gladly accept your offer" Gino said, acting like a child, and so the two of them left the library. "Ana, read this to me!" Cia ordered. "Alright, let me see..." Ana said. "She had gotten pretty fond of your sister" Kirt said. "Yeah, maybe because she's a kid so she's fine around?" I mumbled. "Maybe, because she had matured because of a certain someone" Kirt said, walking away me. "Who do you mean?" I asked. "Find it out yourself, dork-head" He said, leaving the library. Al-nii spend time talking with Forth, about things hard to get by listening. Theia is in a tea party with Reina. It seems that they are talking about Erina-san. Herd is with Gino, in the training room. Cia is with Ana, wherever she goes like a dog following its owner. Kirt seems to be somewhere loitering around the palace. While, Russell is....

"Yo!" I said. I saw Russell over the bridge. "Ah, yo I was walking around when I saw this bridge. I heard from dad that there's a place in this palace where fireflies appears on night" He said. "I kinda remember passing by your dad, when I was little" I mumbled. "He is some kind of a traveler knight" Russell said. "Oh, so that's why he was in Forthenor" I said. "Yup" Russell nodded. A slight silence slowed our time together for a second. "Hey! Ed, Is the fireflies here beautiful?" Russell asked, looking down the river. "Well, yeah. Not only here. They are beautiful wherever they are, as they fly around with confidence on their wings" I grinned. "I see, I wish I was that confident" He mumbled. "Huh? What do yo-" I was interrupted by his sudden leave, and sudden coming of a knight. "Ed-sama, it's an emergency" Rel said, along with a panting Led. "EH?"

"Ah, Ed I was waiting for you" Dad welcomed me. "What happened dad?" I asked. Rel and Led followed me panting. My siblings and the councils surrounded dad's chair. "We've got another letter, with a sender this time" Dad said, as he gave me the letter. "Go to the harbor, this midnight we're waiting for you. From Black Knights of Vengeance" So is written in the letter. "That is surely for you none other, do you have any recollection about that kind of organization?" Dad asked, I only shook my head.

"That's our organization" One of the guy who previously tried to attack me said. "It is also written in here that we are to free Hugo and Qhuial" Dad said. "I'm Qhuial" Said the little guy, with bangs covering his left eye. "And I'm Hugo" Said the big guy, with headband supporting his head as armor. "I see, then it is alright if I trust you this once?" Dad asked. "It's up to you" Qhuial said. Dad let go of them two, now that they are to escort us. "Qhuial-kun, about your question, I didn't hesitate by my answer but now I think of it, either of it doesn't sound wrong or right to me. So...." Dad explained. "It is up to you, just please for now make your people an opportunity cause you're the ruler of the human realm, more or less, so that you won't regret anything in the end, Your highness..." Qhuial said. "I know" He said, as we left. "Hicc, it's been a while since your last work, but I'd like you to investigate about those two's past" Dad said. "Do you find it hard to trust them?" Hicc asked. "You are free to enter the secret archives' chambers" Dad said, trying to avoid the question "Understood, your majesty" He bowed.

"So this is the harbor..." I said. "Is this your first time here?" Hugo asked. "Yeah, more or less, it will be my first time seriously going out outside" I said. "You're pretty introvert, aren't you?" Qhuial said. "It kinda hurts but yeah I am" I said. "Then, you're like us..." He mumbled. "You see, Dad is like that, for a certain reason that even I don't know, so he can't trust others easily, but I'm different. As long as I look into your eyes and know you, I'm willing to be your friend or foe, it is up to you" I said, with a grin. "That's absurd, there's no way we can get along enough to trust each other, and we're enemies" Qhuial said. "Still, I believe that deep down you're kind guys" I said. "Maybe father was right, you were really...It's nothing, what you're saying is the most absurd thing than this world" He said. Father? Is there boss his father? Suddenly, large black ships approached the Harbor. A man with blond hair and red left eye and an eye patch on his right appeared. Is that there boss?

"It's been a while, Father" Qhuial said. "Yeah, it's been a while since I saw you two, Qhuial, Hugo" He said, as he patted their heads. "Uhm..." I mumbled. "Ah, right You are Edward von Collins, right?" He asked. "Well, yes..." I said, he was kinda different from what I expected. "I am Niahl Vengean. Qhuial and Hugo's Dad" He said. I nodded. I was really confused by the way he acts. Is he really an enemy who tried to target me previously? All of them, including Qhuial and Hugo bowed before me. "Eh?" I said. "Welcome back, Ghart-sama" They said. "EH?" My siblings, friends and I exclaimed.