Chapter 10: Farewell......

"Hmm, Seria what're you packing?" I asked. "It's Fiore-kun's packages" she said. "Hmm, is he visiting his family or something?" I asked. "You didn't heard it?" She asked. "Heard what?" I asked. "The retirement he suggested to the Emperor" Seria-san said. "He's leaving?" I asked. "Unfortunately, yes Ed-sama" Seria-san said. I couldn't comprehend what she was talking about, nor get it. It won't strike to me that the teacher I had thought was stubborn and annoys me a lot is leaving. "That's a lie!" I said and run away. "Ed!" Fiore arrived.

I ran with all of my might, aimlessly. For some reason, my feet brought me to the bridge, filled with fireflies, in the castle. "Damn it all!" I said. This has been the while since I cried this much. Been since, my mom died. "Sorry I didnt mention it to you" Fiore said, as he approached me. "It doesn't matter..." I mumbled. "I was planning on telling you, but I couldn't bring myself to do so" he added. "I don't blame you, but I am frustrated!" I said. "Ed..." He mumbled. "Why did you made that promise if you're gonna leave? How am I going to keep it? How, if I'll continue on to hate you more because of this?!" I shouted. Ah, what should I do, I can't control my own voice, surely I will say lot of bad things to him, and surely I will hurt him. "Ed, have you heard of the story of the frog?" He asked. "I don't know, what the heck you are asking at times like this..." I said as I wiped down my tears.

"The frog was looking up the sky he saw from the well he was trapped in. He thought that the sky he saw was only a fragment of the sky above us all. He thought that the world was as vast as the sky" that's the story, and I also think so" He said. I remained silent. "So, I believe that we will meet again, someday. Because the world is so vast, out of it, there are coincidences that can also be called fate, that's why. You don't have to worry about unable to keep your word. Coz' as long as you won't hate me, you can keep it, and we can meet each other again, so stop crying, okay?" He added. I couldn't stop my tears. But that tears were no longer shed for sadness, but for the belief of happiness.

I was once taught that everything has an end, such as happiness and sadness and life. Since, when have I forgotten about that? That day, I bid farewell to Fiore, believing that we will meet once again, because the world is so vast, like the frog think of, someday. I sealed all of my tears and melancholies, and moved forward instead of staying in that place. But I still remembered everything like yesterday. I had no intentions of forgetting it or erasing it from my mind. Someday, I sure will have times of forgetting it, but I am sure that fate will work to make me grasp that memory again. That memory, that time I spend with my beloved teacher.

Since, then 4 years have passed, I turned 12. "Ed!" Theia called me. "What's up?" I asked her. "Father's calling you, come there already or he'll get angry" She said. "I know" I said and tidied my things in my desk and left my room. I walked the hallway, I walked with Seria that day I first met Fiore. The statues I saw that day came into my vision as usual. As I saw them, I remembered the day, I first saw Fiore, the first teacher I have ever had.

I knocked at the door. My father permitted me to come in. As I come in, his usual menaceful aura came near my field. "You called for me?" I said. "Yeah, I have a matter to discuss" he said. "What is it, sir?" I asked. "I am thinking of enrolling you to the capital academy" He said. "Academy..?" I mumbled. "Yes, it is a school kids your age goes, you are already far more talented, but everything is different when you're in school" he said. "I see..." I said. "Don't you like it?" Dad asked. "I like it, but I think you are overestimating me when you said I'm talented, Dad" I said. "I guess so, then you better prove me that I'm not" he said. "Understood, sir" I bowed, and left his office. As usual his sending of the Emperor's aura to me, he sure is scary but a very warm person. Well, Academy, huh? It's been a while, since I went to school, I guess.

"Did you forget anything?" Seria asked. "Nope, I'm all fine" I said. "Well, then this is it, Ed" Seria said, with a smile wavering a bit in sadness. "Don't worry, Seria it's not like we'll never met again, so stop crying, you too Cia" I said. "I'm not crying..." She sobbed as she hid behind Theia. "Hahaha, I see good girl" I said and pat her head, which seems to have made her cry more. "Well, take a good care of your body there, Ed" Al-nii said. I nod. "Train a lot, so we can spar again when you come back" Herd-nii said. "I'll try everything I can" I chuckled. "Don't become a womanizer there, ok?" Theia said. "Well, I can promise that, but it's not possible for me to become like that, though" I said. "Well, it's you so there's no knowing what will happen" She grunted. "Cia-sama, bid your brother goodbye, now" Gina-san, her personal maid said. "Bye-bye, onii-chan" She said as she hugged me who is crouching. "Hmm, be a good girl while I'm gone, okay?" I said. She nodded, with a bit sob. I bid them goodbye, and rode the wagon. Someday, I will meet them all again. But If I were to say that I'm not sad, it will be a lie. I am a bit sad, as well motivated. I have changed a lot, since the day Fiore left. I will surely still keep changing, but I'm sure that I will still remain me no matter how much I have changed.