Chapter 34: Lux's Daily Life

I am Lux, puu..! For those who are wondering what animal I am, let me clearly tell you. I am a Dog, yet I am always mistaken for a cat, due to my laziness, and my habit of staying on either Reina or Anna's shoulder. And because I like drinking milk, I guess. Well, surely you're wondering why I am the narrator of this chapter. That is because today, we are going to see the story starting from when these guys found me, in my own view. Let's call this chapter, LUX's POV. "That doesn't suit you.... It is like you're one of the main characters now...so we're gonna make it Lux's daily life, go on...!" Ed interferes. (Author Note: The following breaking of the fourth wall is needed in this chapter, so please consider it...Thank you)

"Wait a minute, Gino...I wasn't planning to point it out, but....why are you carrying a net around?" Ed asked, as I pointed to his net. "I hear humans..." I thought, as I tried to go near them, to hear more. "Well, to catch the ghost...I guess?" Gino said. "The Ghost is practically a human, not a bug!" Ed said. "Tsk, well, I thought it would be at least a bit helpful, though..." Gino sulked. "How come there are humans here...?!" I panicked.

I nearly showed myself to them, as I panicked. Suddenly, Ed grabs Gino's net, and caught me, after he threw of a light magic, to see me. "A Dog..?" He mumbles. "No, that's a cat, no matter how you look at it..." Forth said. "It's a Dog, idiot..!" Reina smacked them, as she took me from Ed. "Thank you..!" I said. "It's kinda kind, though" She said, as she patted my back. "It's cute..." Anna said, as she patted my head. Somehow, hearing Anna praise me made Reina pout a bit. Don't tell me, she's...? Maybe, just my misunderstanding...

After that, they found a girl named Elia; they mistook it for a ghost. Ed and the others took it to their dorm, including me. Before Ed and Russell can even enter their room, with the girl, they were suspected by Reina to be planning on doing something on the girl. After a quarrel, it resulted with the girl being with Ed and Russell, and me being owned by Reina and Anna, and was named Lux.

Reina put me on her own bed, and then she went over and slept with Anna on Anna's bed. How close they are, how envious...

On the morning, I woke up hearing Reina and Anna talk as they changed clothes. They were kinda talking about Ed. Then after, they went to Ed's room, with me on Reina's shoulder. Reina was extremely angry when she saw Elia close with Ed, close enough for them to kiss any minute. Kirt stated that it would bear a love triangle between Reina, Ed and Elia, which can be true, in some view...

Well, even though Reina was jealous at Elia, they got pretty well along. I overheard Ed and Elia's talk about this all being a dream. Will that mean that I will disappear by the time Elia disappear? I wouldn't want that, I want to stay with these kids. I finally got to meet kind humans; it will leave a bad taste if I were to leave now.

"Hey, Lux..."Elia called me. "You can understand me, right?" She asked. We were alone in the courtyard. I nodded at her. "As I thought, well surely you won't be able to respond so just listen, okay?" She said, as I nodded again. "You see, I ended up lying on Ed..." She said. I remained silent. "But, he doesn't remember me....I don't know what happened, but I found myself in the middle of the forest. And Ghart was nowhere to be found...I assumed that it wouldn't be safe for me to use my real name, so I disguised. Although, it is my nickname, Elia...the name Ed gave me, when we were kids..." She continued. Somehow, I felt nostalgic about her story. Suddenly I remembered, before I heard Ed and the others, I couldn't remember what happened before. But, a strange feeling remained, the feeling of despair that I felt, despair of not being able to save and protect someone, like that. When I remember it, I felt crying and so tears came flowing down..."Lux..." Elia mumbled. She smiled at me, suddenly she disappeared. Seeing the particles she shred as she disappears, I was reminded of something.