Chapter 32: Demise

"I shall have your ether, Prince!" The Demon stated, as suddenly we arrived somewhere off. "What happened?" Russell exclaimed. "The flute's gone....!" Forth said. "What?!" Russell exclaimed. "That bastard, teleported us..!" Fiore said. "Well, Ana and Lux's here, at least" Reina said. "Yeah, at least we've saved them, but now that "that" demon has the flute, surely sooner or later, he'll use it to gather the ether of every person here, including their soul" I said. "Yeah, first we have to find him once again..." Fiore said. "But, first let's know where we are..." Kirt suggested, as he looked around. "T-the....! Where in the Academy...!?" Kirt exclaimed. "So that place was near the academy...?" I mumbled. "Now that I think about it, that path was closer to some sewer..." Fiore said. "Oh, now that you say it, it kinda explains why it smells stinky there" I said. "Well, now that we managed to know where we are, where would the demon be?" I asked. "Hmm, if I was the demon, surely I would go to a place, where many people has gathered...."Fiore mumbled. "Gathered? Many people...?" Russell mumbled. "Ah, the Arena...!" Reina said. "Ah, right, if he used it in the arena, that sums up to many people, plus, some famous traveller and mage around the world comes to the arena" Kirt said. "Then, he is planning to use the flute tomorrow at the finals..." Forth said. "Probably, the only disadvantages for us, is we don't know where he will appear, so we need to be on guard tomorrow as the finals take place...." Fiore said. "Alright!"

"Good Morning, Ladies and gentleman...!!!" Shiro said. "You're much more nosy than usual..." Kuro said. "Because...because our Prince Edward have reached this far, so I'm excited to see him win, you two right guys!?" Shiro said, as the audience cheered. "Well, I know that his the favorite to win, thanks to Earl's attitude, but don't underestimate him, or that prince'll die" Kuro said. "Since, when did you gather that darkness in your mind?" Shiro said. "Since birth?" Kuro said, as the audience laughed. Oi, old men, don't put a laughter about that, cause what Kuro said just might be true. Damn, I' getting shivers down to my spine.

"Are you sure by me staying with you Reina-chan?" Anna asked as she followed Reina. "Of course, even if Fiore-san didn't say it, I will force you to come with me, instead of losing you once again..."Reina said. "Thanks, Reina-chan...."Anna smiled, as Reina blushed. "Puu....?" Lux mumbled.

What is this feeling? I'm kinda detecting something very nice to give me motivation! Ahem....! Let's do this shit! "Now, let us start "The Final Battle"! Prince Edward versus Earl!" Shiro said. "Divine Barrier....!" I mumbled beneath my breath before I stepped in the stage. A gust of wind surrounded the audience, as it soon disappeared. "This is..." Fiore mumbled, as he sweated. "What is it Fiore-san?" Kirt asked. "Divine Barrier, a shield from evil spirit, the guy who used this is probably Ed..." Fiore chuckled. "So the Demon can't enter the arena anymore?" Kirt asked. "No, he still can, but whatever he do, his action will be repelled by the barrier, though....." Fiore said. "What's wrong, Fiore-san?" Kirt asked. "This magic takes a great toll in the user's side....It will continue to consume his ether, even if it is already cast upon.....This is bad..." Fiore said. "Don't tell me he was planning to fight with Earl, with a half-exhausted body!" Kirt said. "Probably..." Fiore said. "Then, stop that fight! Please stop that fight, Fiore-san!" Kirt said. "I won't....more or less I can't. You see, that kid didn't have many friends. His sole friend was Flora his childhood friend. He was a bit strange matured-kid....So I was glad to see that he have so much friend now. That's why I can't, cause he's willing to sacrifice his body to save you, to save you all, all we can do is get our job done" Fiore said. "Ed...." Kirt mumbled, as he clenched his fists.

"Die!" Earl said as he attacked me with endless wind slash. This is harder than Gino. I continue to devour his wind slashes, without having any time to activate my fire. "Damn it...!" I clenched my teeth as I continue to dodge. "Hahah, meet your end, your majesty!" He laughed, as he unleashes his whirlwind. "Devour!" I said, as I turned his attack into particles. Damn, I'm tired. When will that damn demon appear? I looked over Fiore's side. "Where the hell are you looking at?" Earl asked, as he threw me by a punch over the barrier. "Ugh, damn it hurts....!" I thought as I stood back, as I coughed blood. "Thank you for being born, Ed..." Lycia said, as she kissed me in the forehead. "Nice to meet you, Edward" Seria said as she carried me. "Let's take our time, to get along, Ed" Geralt said, as he hugged me. "I'm counting on you to keep your promise, Ed" Fiore said as he chuckled with my pinky linked with his. "I'm back, onii-chan" Elicia said, as she woke up. "You've grown a lot, Ed" Al-nii said, as he and Herd-nii looked at me, while Theia stood with her arms crossed near her chest. Russell, Reina, Anna, Gino, Forth, Kirt, Lux and Elia....I know. I can't afford to die like this here, I mustn't lose here, I mustn't let things end here..., because I've made a decision. I've made a decision that I won't shed anymore tears that I won't waste any more time. This time I'll live a normal life, and I haven't been able to fulfill that yet. "Like I'll let myself die again over a crap like this!!!" I shouted, as I opened my eyes. I panted with a bit bloody and bruised body. "Give up already!' Earl shouted as he used his tornado once again. "Heh..." The demon smirked behind Earl in the audience as he readied his flute. "Release!!!" I said, as I released all the ether particles I devoured from Earl's attacks, and shoot it like a projectile bullet. The impact of the attack broke the stage's barrier and reached the demon, as it broke off his flute and ended as it stab his heart. As I made sure that he's already dead, I looked at Earl, who was beyond the wall unconscious, I fell out of conscious too. The Divine Barrier soon took off, as a gust of wind, once again surrounded the stage as it soon disappeared. "Ed!" Fiore shouted, as he went off inside the stage.

I opened my eyes. It was dark and somehow vague. "Are you sure about your choice?" Elia asked. "Choice?" I mumbled. "Yes, you choosing to live, it will take a lot of time for you to achieve the normal life you wish. Or perhaps you won't grasp it. Even so, will you walk upon the path that you took?" Elia said, as a trail appeared beneath my feet. I looked behind me, and then I looked behind Elia. I saw the past behind me, and caught a glimpse of the future waiting me behind Elia. I smiled, and looked at Elia once again. "Yup! I'm fine with that..." I said, as she smiled and soon disappeared.

I woke up to found myself being at the infirmary once again. "Ed, finally you're awake" Reina sighed. "What happened to the demon?" I asked. "You killed it..." Kirt said. "I see, so I've done it, how about the flute?" I asked. "The flute was burned..." Russell said. "For better or for worse, huh...?" I chuckled. "How about the fight?" I asked. "You won it, Earl is now in his room back in the dorm" Gino said. "I see...So everything turned okay" I said. "No, it didn't!" Reina said. "You're not okay, doing this after exhausting yourself yesterday, are you planning to kill yourself!" She said, angrily. "Well, if I can save everyone, then it doesn't matter, but..." I said. "You idiot, are you saying your life isn't worth anything?!" Reina said. "But...! In the middle of the fight, I was forced to remember that I hadn't found anything worth fun in my life yet, so I fight back. I fight back against the despair I felt inside" I said. Because I wished to live with you guys, like I can say that though. Well, I should thank Elia; she was the one who kinda woke me up out of my despair, that's why. But I guess, she will say that she didn't woke me up, what she did was merely helping me wake up, from my own despair.