Chapter 6: Rendezvous

After k those things, somehow, I found myself thinking about the past, out of a sudden. I saw a certain image in my mind, as I closed my eyes. It was a memory of me being abandoned by my parents. My father was injured badly, leaving him bedridden. My mom soon fell ill, and died. Since, then I was treated formally by my dad, like a stranger. And I grew up into such miserable person, as I started to bore feelings such as doubting God's existence, in my rebellious phase.

"Ed, are you in?" Seria knocked at my door. I stood up, to open the door for her. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Your father wants to see you, can you humor him?" She said. "Ok, can you show me to his office?" I nod. "Then, let's go" She said.

           We walked over the hallway. On the side, stand some glamorous statues, a Saber who wielded his thin sword upright, a Lancer who holds his lance, an archer who aims his bow, a songstress singing a melody, a woman fencer wielding her rapier, an assassin whose face is covered, as he wield two daggers, and a knight full of armor from his head to feet, with a great sword in front of him. I thought that I have seen this somewhere, even though it is my first time, coming here. 

"It's me, Seria I ask for your permission to come in, your majesty" Seria knocked. "Come in..." He said with a very hoarse large voice. We came in, to see him working over. I locked my gaze with him for a minute, before I looked down. "You may leave us, Seria" He said, with a gentle voice. Seria bowed, before she left. I kinda blamed her for leaving me in such a pinch situation.

In front of me was the Emperor of Doghanik, my father, Geralt Gilford von Collins. Will I be scolded? Perhaps, there is a slight chance. What should I do? Should I run? Oh no....!

"Nice to meet you, I guess..." He said, as he crouched to be par with me. "Eh...?" I mumbled. "I have seen you before, though you were so little, so I guess you don't remember me anymore, right?" He said. I nod. "I see, are you nervous?" He asked. "No, it's just that....I don't know....I does not know how to interact with you" I said. "I see, well, we should let time comfort that feeling. Coz' we have all the time in the world to get along" He smiled, as he patted me gently. I was buried down the feelings of nostalgia and the warmth of this moment.

Yet, I was suddenly thrown back to the reality that because of me doubting him, God hated me enough to throw me over this world, just to reject me. There wasn't any need for me to be surprise by now, that once again I'm standing in front of despair.

As I look into my mother, as she was laid on the bed. Tears continued to overflow. I couldn't comprehend to what the Healer was saying, nor could I get what the heck is happening. How can God be this cruel to me? I thought that I finally found the place that I can be happier at. Yet, once again he stole it from me. I hate it...I hate everything...!

The funeral continued as I snuck out of the hall. I walked over the hillway to my secret base. Everything can't remain unchanged. That's why someday I'll surely come to hate this place too, so I had been thinking before. I didn't know that "that" day has already come this near. I hate it....I hate everything...I hate this place.....I hate my life...!

I tried to throw all of my wrath to the fire bolt I threw over the tree, but not so long, I pulled it back, with my magic to absorb magic." Devour..!" I said, as it turned into particles inside me. "Impressive, it's amazing for a kid to use devour, in this age. You're just 7, right?" A red-haired young man came, as he clapped his hands. "Who are you?" I said, as I glare at him. "I see, well, you're a boy who just lost his mother, I guess it's normal for you to bear such wrath within your heart" He said, as he came near me. "What did you say?!" I said. "I should introduce myself, I guess. Fiore Gunrlink, at your service, Prince Edward" He bowed at me.

"Who are you?" I asked. "Hmm, haven't I just introduced?" He asked back. "Not that. I mean....why are you here?" I asked. "Well, because I was invited, I guess" He said. "As what...?" I asked. "Full of questions, huh? Well, as a noble, your majesty" He said. "But, I haven't heard a name Gunrlink, yet..." I mumbled. "Surely, because I'm the remaining Gunrlink, so I'm not that famous anymore" He smiled. "I see..." I said.

Who was that guy? Why did he appear behind me out of sudden? I can't understand anything anymore. Well, I guess it's great for me to maintain my sanity like this, after mom died, though. I sighed, as I gazed over my room up to its four corners. "Ed...!" Seria suddenly came in without permission. "W-What's wrong?" I asked. "Come with me...!" She said. "Huh?" I mumbled. "Hurry up, come with me" She said, as she grabbed my hand.

"Where are we going? Seria..! Seria! Oi..!" I said, as I tried to loosen up her hand on my hand.

"We're coming in..!" She said, as she opened the door. "Ah, onii-chan, it's been a while" Said a girl who seemed to had just awoken after many years. "Elicia?" I mumbled. "Yep, it's me onii-chan" She smiled. I hugged her as tears came overflowing from my eyes. "Welcome back, Elicia" I said. "I'm back, onii-chan" She said, as she hugged me back. I suddenly remembered the quote, that when someone leaves, someone will come.

"Whenever you feel crying, come to me. I won't be able to replace Liassa, but I am confident that I can comfort you well enough, Ed" Seria said, as she patted me, gently. I remembered. "Home is not a place, it is a feeling. Where everyone still thinks of you and cares about you, no matter what your relations are, that is a home, and they are your family..." Those words were buried inside. Those words, Mom (Liassa) used to comfort me with.

1 year later, I had my head leaned over my two hands. "Why am I being called by Dad, again?" I asked Seria as we walked over the hallway to Dad's office. "Perhaps, it is a good news" Seria said. "Are you sure? Coz' I met a weird person during Mom's funeral, this day, a year ago....maybe it is related to that" I said. "Maybe, but...I get the feeling that it is good news" She said, as she turned her back at me. "If you say so..." I sighed.

"Sire, it's me and Edward-sama, may we come in?" Seria knocked. "Come in..." He said.

"He's the one I'm telling you..." Dad told the man he was talking to, while he waited for us. It was none other than Fiore. "Why are you here?!" I said. "Because I was called" He smirked. "Oh, did you two know each other already?" He asked, as the two of us nod. "Then, it makes it easier. Listen Ed, I'm planning to make this man, Fiore-kun, your tutor" Dad said.

"Uhm, can you please repeat it again?" I said, as I blinked, out of confusion. "I said I'm planning to make him your tutor, from now on" He repeated. "Eh???"