Chapter 23: Rogues

"You know, you're pretty weak to be a demon. And to be one of the Prince's of the Underworld at that? I can see why your father is ashamed," Victoria mocked from behind her cell.

"You can keep trying to provoke me, but once my father gets here, he'll end you," Nick retorted.

"Why wait for your dad? Why don't you end me yourself?" Victoria challenged and Nick glared at her.

"You can't, can you?" Victoria said approaching the bars.

"Deep down inside, you can't bring yourself to kill me, because you still love me," Victoria said smug and Nick tightened his fists.

She was right.

No matter how hurt and angry he was, his heart still yearned for her.

"Why don't we start all over? Hmm? If you let me out, we can run away together and I'll be yours forever. Free of judgement from your family and this life you never wanted for yourself," Victoria coaxed and she reached her hand through the bars to stroke Nick's cheek.

Nick closed his eyes at the touch and Victoria's smirk grew wider.

He was too easy.

Suddenly, Nicks eyes flashed open as he trembled in anger and Victoria saw that his eyes were a fiery red.

You could almost see the blaze set within them as he stared down menacingly at Victoria.

Victoria tried to retract her hand, but she wasn't fast enough as Nick grabbed it roughly.

Victoria cried out in pain as her hand started to burn, and she jerked it back in time just to see Nick's hand set on fire.

"What the..." Victoria trailed off in horror.

Were the rumors true?

Nick's other hand erupted into flames and he looked at Victoria with a deadly gaze.

"Did you really think...you could pull one over on me again! How weak do you think I am!?!?" Nick roared.

"Nick I-" Victoria stuttered and she had no clue what to say to alleviate the situation.

"Shut up! Not another word from you!" Nick exclaimed and Victoria clamped her mouth shut.

She knew when she was defeated, Nick was one more insult away from blowing up.

Then he would REALLY kill her.

"What's going on here!?" Vixen said walking into the room.

"Father!" Nick said scrambling to calm himself down, and the flames in his hands dissipated.

"Did I just catch you using your powers without my permission?" Vixen said with a raised brow.

"I'm sorry father, she just made me so angry," Nick tried to justify and Vixen suddenly back handed him.

Victoria's eyes widened in shock at the action.

Did he just smack him!?

"So anytime someone makes you angry you'll just reveal your powers!" Vixen roared and he struck Nick again.

"Im sorry! I didn't mean to, it won't happen again!" Nick said cowering away and Vixen continued to hit him mercilessly.

Victoria clenched her hands as she looked on in disgust, and the sight before her triggered her.

Flashes of Zane being punished by Evita for a mistake she made raised to the surface.

"That's enough you bastard!" Victoria shouted and Vixen stopped his fist midway.