Chapter 33: Changes

Leigh-Lana teleported everyone to Zane's childhood home and they ended up in the front yard.

"I thought you said you got rid of every portal?" Zane asked accusingly.

"I didn't know about this house. Will it please you if I get rid of the ones here now? We can walk back to the pack afterwards," Leigh-Lana retorted.

"Keep it until we get back," Zane countered and Leigh-Lana rolled her eyes.

He needed to pick his battles.

"Felix stay out here just in case she tries to escape. She probably already sensed us," Zane said wary.

"Shouldn't I be the one to go in? I'm her mate, she's less likely to run if she sees me," Felix said.

"It's because you're her mate that I don't want you to go in," Zane said darkly, then he disappeared in a blur.

His speed was remarkably fast.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Felix said with a frown.

"I think we should go in. I have a bad feeling about your mate," Leigh-Lana said rushing after Zane and everyone else followed suit.

As expected Zane navigated through the house until he found his target, and all hell broke loose.

Victoria didn't have enough time to dodge the sudden assault, and she found herself being lifted by the throat before being body slammed into the ground.

Pain radiated throughout her body as Zane lifted her up and proceeded to shove her up against the wall.

Blood spurted out of her mouth, and she gazed up at Zane in shock.

Why?

"Zane," Victoria managed to croak out and she looked down to see that he had pierced her abdomen with his claws.

"Didn't I say you'd die if you lied to me again," Zane growled and he twisted his hands.

Victoria let out a pain filled scream and Michael rushed into the room.

He had just returned from the bathroom only to find Victoria pressed against the wall with Zane towering over her.

"What the heck is going on here!?" Michael said in shock.

"What are you doing!?" Michael exclaimed once he noticed that Victoria was hurt.

Did he forget that Felix was her mate!?

"Stay out of this!" Zane growled.

"Stay back. His hybrid is threatening to come out," Victoria warned and Michael hesitantly complied.

"For how long did you know she was alive?" Zane questioned.

"I can... explain," Victoria retorted.

"I killed her! I ripped her heart out! So how!? How is she alive!?" Zane proclaimed.

"S-she died, b-but then she came back," Victoria stuttered.

"Who's alive!?" Michael questioned.

Who were they talking about?

"Lies! You clearly helped her! You were always on her side! You've been deceiving me this entire time!" Zane said angry and he squeezed Victoria's throat tighter.

"No...I didn't... deceive you," Victoria said struggling to breathe.

"Zane that's enough! We can talk this out!" Michael said worried and he took small steps toward Zane.

Zane let out a warning growl and Michael immediately stopped.

Suddenly Leigh-Lana, Felix, and Ava came rushing into the room.