Chapter 12: Making A Deal

ZANE'S POV

Victoria was officially testing the last of my patience.

We had gotten nowhere with our conversation, then she decided to walk out in the middle of the meeting.

If I hadn't received an important phone call from another pack about rogue sitings, I would have ripped her head off.

Now I was aimlessly walking around the pack trying to find her.

"She's lucky I didn't tell my warriors to kill her on site," I muttered underneath my breath.

Now that I knew Victoria was the vampire we were looking for, I was closer to knowing how Ava was involved.

She seemed to have no clue about the supernatural world, and would forget every time we would tell her something about it.

Did Victoria also know something about that?

"Hey babe! Looking for me?" Victoria said hugging me from behind.

I quickly shrugged out of her embrace and turned around.

"We haven't finished our conversation," I said irritated.

She chuckled and leaned in close to me.

"But that's so boring. I want to do something fun," Victoria said trailing one of her manicured fingers down my chest.

She leaned in close to my ear and blew her breath into it.

"Something naughty," Victoria said with a playful smile and it took all my self control not to tear her to shreds.

My wolf was shivering in disgust and at one point in time I thought I was about to throw up.

The old me probably would've indulged in her antics, but the present me was disgusted by the mere sight of her.

"I missed you," Victoria continued seductively and she attacked my lips with hers.

I only allowed it for a second before I picked her up and shoved her against the wall.

Victoria still had her eyes closed thinking this was part of it, but when my lips didn't connect with hers, she opened her eyes with a frown.

It then turned into fear as my face was filled with fury.

I inched towards her face, breathing heavily with anger.

"Don't you ever touch me with your vile lips. I will never again indulge you. Once our business is finished, I am done with you. Don't ever appear in front of me again. No more favors, no more surprise visits, nothing! And if you think I'm bluffing, I won't hesitate to end your life like I did mother's," I said filled with promise.

"Zane," Victoria said in shock and her eyes became teary.

Victoria dropped to the ground as I let her go, and she shakily stood up.

"Did you forget that I helped you kill her!" Victoria said now in tears.

Turning my back towards her I said, "and that's the only reason why I let you live."

Victoria stood there at a loss for words, and I walked away.

My emotions were swirling inside of me and my hybrid side was trying to push to the surface.

I couldn't let that side of me come out, or I would be putting my entire pack in danger.

I needed to stay as far away from Victoria as much as possible.

My nose perked up as I caught the scent of peaches and I stormed around the corner to find Ava, dressed in a hospital gown, hiding.

"What do you think you're doing?" I said menacingly and my wolf frowned at how I was talking to her.